Sign in with
Your question

How can i remove a password without knowing it

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 4, 2011 6:02:55 AM

i have just puchased a advent 7113 that has had a password installed but i do not know it (nor doese the seller ) so cannot get past this screen..any help would be appreciated..
December 4, 2011 6:10:26 AM

Best option would probably be return it to the seller, for a refund.
a b D Laptop
December 4, 2011 7:42:17 AM

you can't remove a password without knowing the password. you must verify the old password first before you make any changes.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
December 4, 2011 9:47:10 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It's actually against the Forum Rules even to ask for password removal help let alone give advice on it and as de5_roy says. it can't be done. If the seller didn't let you have it cheaply on the basis it didn't work, and If it's a BIOS password take dontqqnub's advice.

If it's only a Windows system password, remove the hard disk, buy another and install a new system. Many Linux systems are free of charge if you can't afford Windows - they're just as good and in many cases, far better anyway.

December 17, 2011 6:06:28 AM

thanks for the help and advise chaps..it is a bios password..and yes i did buy it cheap knowing that it had the password on it ,so no returning to seller..the only option i can see is buying a replacement mother board :(  ..but then i have to way up if the laptop is worth it ....agian thanks..
Neville
December 24, 2011 4:38:31 AM

thevictoryclub said:
thanks for the help and advise chaps..it is a bios password..and yes i did buy it cheap knowing that it had the password on it ,so no returning to seller..the only option i can see is buying a replacement mother board :(  ..but then i have to way up if the laptop is worth it ....agian thanks..
Neville

There is a video on youtube, and the guy that made the video will give you a code to reset the bios password, he tells you what to do. You will have to find this video. It worked for my laptop.

I dont feel like getting banned, so no links.
!