Thank you for reading! Sorry in advance for typos hehe
1. What is your budget?
I want this one to last quite a long time (4 yrs min)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17+ inch screen if possible, my current might be 18.4 inch im not completely sure
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Assuming I'm answering the question correctly, i want this to run as well as a gaming desktop if possible
5. How much battery life do you need?
I could care less, I need power and it will be tethered to the wall 99.99% of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Currently I play games like League of Legends and World of Warcraft and I'd like to run those on highest possible settings.
I play a bunch of steam games like Counter strike source, Burnout paradise, Dead Island, etc. The computer I want should be able to run those on max setting I'd hope.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Besides gaming nothing special that I cant do already on my current laptop
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
anything over 300gig thats (preferably) 7200rpm but if its 5400rpm for whatever reason it wouldnt be the end of the world
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://www.ibuypower.com/
I like this site a lot and have been browsing it a while but I don't know what to get, and prices seem pretty good compared to similar sites.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I have never owned a bluray disc other than PS3 games
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I love HP they have never let me down. Have owned 3 laptops of theirs in the last 6 years (only 1 died which was the first and it was AMD and explained further below)
I am not a fan of: AMD, Dell and Alienware. My first laptop had a faulty AMD chipset in it and Dell desktops were the worst I've ever owned
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want one with a power GPU for gaming and I cannot upgrade my current computer so looking for a good computer for the longterm for gaming.
Oh and, preferably a laptop that is upgrade-able.
Thanks again for reading and hope for some help deciding!
I want it to have a gaming desktops power that can travel (a lot) easier than a desktop if that's what you're asking, I won't be using the battery pretty much ever and if I am it'll be to print something to be off the charger for like 3 minutes max.
I'll look at the Clevo P150HM now. Thank you for replying also what do you mean by home build? like build my own desktop?
I like both of those, I configured both and what do you think about the Veda setup with dual 6990m and the Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, 6MB L3 Cache, 2.2-3.1GHz as the only upgrades? Is that a good enough processor to go with the video card?
Still configuring the Sager one, do you have a preference as to which site is better for the price?
The 2670M will not bottleneck the dual GPU.
Check this forum for reseller advices. Most of the resellers have representative answering questions and giving support in this forum. http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/
You can find reviews, pros and cons of each re-seller there. Good luck!