Sign in with
Your question

Dual Monitor Display with ATI 9500+

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2003 4:20:53 PM

Hello,

I'm a little confused about the new ATI cards ability to run dual monitors. Specifically the 9500 and 9700 series (Hence the 9500+ :) 

I currently have a Matrox G450 in my dev box running 2 monitors. I like this setup (dual monitors) for developing but I'd like to mess with DirectX now that DX9 is out and I can use .NET. Additionally, I'd like a better video card (one that has DX9 support).

Although, I can see that the ATI's support multiple displays, do they support 2 VGA outputs? Or is there an adapter that comes with them to convert the DVI to VGA?

Thanks.
January 17, 2003 4:38:37 PM

comes with an adapter

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2003 11:35:46 PM

If you get a retail boxed card, you get the DVI to VGA adapter. If you get an OEM card, you'll need to purchase it separately.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 18, 2003 12:57:38 AM

Yep, $6.50 IIRC for an adapter.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...
!