What does that mean?

I got a mail from White Wolf, that accounced something along the lines
of Arthaus is giving back to WOTC, the rights for Ravenloft, and Gamma
World.

So, the question becomes, what does that mean for Ravenloft? It is not
offically gone? Will the setting ever come back?

I hope it doesn't go the way of Darksun, and Planescape.

Ravenloft has always been one of my favorite settings, and I have many
products from the line, (2nd edition), and the (3rd edition stuff).
So, while I have things I can use to keep my Ravenloft game going, I
hope there is still support for this setting.

I missed offical Darksun releases, and I will certainly miss Ravenloft
setting stuff in the end.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

"Chris Hayes" <hayes12@fadmail.com> wrote in news:1124144283.209489.271470
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Decaying Atheist wrote:
>> I got a mail from White Wolf, that accounced something along the lines
>> of Arthaus is giving back to WOTC, the rights for Ravenloft, and Gamma
>> World.
>>
>> So, the question becomes, what does that mean for Ravenloft? It is not
>> offically gone? Will the setting ever come back?
>>

> It could. White Wolf's Sword & Sorcery Studios has stopped making new
> products for the Scarred Lands setting, but it's not entirely out of
> the question somebody may try to pick it up. None of us are empaths so
> I guess your best bet is to look on the web for fan sites (Kargatane
> has been closed, so to speak, but there's bound to be others making net
> books).

There are plenty of Ravenloft netbooks and other goodies at Fraternity of
Shadows.
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Main_Page.html