Solved

Windows 7 will not have any new features! What do you think?

Windows 7 is great, but Microsoft should offer at least one or two new features. In terms of visuals they can offer an add on or even a unique app would be more inticing and they can use it as a selling point for new buyers finally considering a move to 7.

What would you like?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Windows-7-SP1-Win-7,10616.html
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows features think
  1. lets see, faster than Vista, nearly as fast as XP, less problems, easier to network or VPN, better security(careful there, using Windows and secure in the same sentence maybe a oxymoron, kinda like military Intelligence ), DX10 and 11, see anything new there, maybe something you take for granted, and no I don't want MSFT expanding their software reach like it did with Office, (still paying for that one), DRM (Destroying Retail Markets) by alienating paying cust with stuff that requires a constant connection to a server to play, until the server gets shut down, ever hear of MSFT selling music and shutting down the servers leaving customers in a lurch, Win 7 fine, more "features"=NO
  2. Best answer
    DirectX 10 and 11 are also on Vista. But otherwise, I am with you liquidsnake718.
  3. number13 said:
    lets see, faster than Vista, nearly as fast as XP, less problems, easier to network or VPN, better security(careful there, using Windows and secure in the same sentence maybe a oxymoron, kinda like military Intelligence ), DX10 and 11, see anything new there, maybe something you take for granted, and no I don't want MSFT expanding their software reach like it did with Office, (still paying for that one), DRM (Destroying Retail Markets) by alienating paying cust with stuff that requires a constant connection to a server to play, until the server gets shut down, ever hear of MSFT selling music and shutting down the servers leaving customers in a lurch, Win 7 fine, more "features"=NO

My bad, this is miscommunication on my part:

The thread topic was supposed to be: WINDOWS 7 SERVICE PACK 1, DOES NOT HAVE ANY NEW FEATURES ASIDE FROM UPDATED SECURITY AND NETWORK SETTINGS....
  4. Service Packs aren't really supposed to have new features - they're intended to fix bugs and usability issues...
  5. Best answer selected by liquidsnake718.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Microsoft