Hardware Error 301

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghamrawy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
My laptop (HP- Dv6-2170ee) keeps giving me Hardware failure , Error 301 ... whats the solution and what causes that error to prevent in the future

Ichy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Please provide specs of your laptop not just its model number, most of us won't go out of our way to look it up.

What are you doing when the error is given?

Also, as great as these forums are, please don't for get that google is still a very effective tool. Just searching for hardware errors and 301 I came across the HP forums, where some owners were having a similar issue. Many replies simple stated buy a new drive, one more intelligent poster suggested using HP's hard drive tests for more information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Smart-Hard-Disk-Error-301/td-p/545319

that is the link to the forums replies I found.

ghamrawy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Sorry

i did search for that error on google , but all i could find are suggesting replacing the hard, but i was hopping for a non paying , easy fix.

My System information is

Microprocessor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor i7-720QM

Memory Max Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory

PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34), 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards

Power 120 W AC Power Adapter
6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

... what i do when that error shows is i would be designing on ArchiCad 14 (an architecture design software)

Status
Not open for further replies.