ssid concern

I do not broadcast my ssid, so why when i connect to
internet does the wireless network connection icon in
properly displaying signal strenght, etc, also display my
ssid in quotes. If it is appearing here, could one see it
online
1 answer Last reply
More about ssid concern

    Hi,

    If you don't broadcast your SSID from the Base Station/Access Point others
    using their computer won't be able to find your wireless network.

    You'll be able to see the SSID because you have configured your wireless
    network card with the SSID, so that your network card will be searching for
    that wireless network name which is hidden to others.

    Of course hiding your SSID is only one way of preventing others from gaining
    access to your wireless network this isn't the means to an end to preventing
    people from finding your wireless network.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Digibiteme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I do not broadcast my ssid, so why when i connect to
    > internet does the wireless network connection icon in
    > properly displaying signal strenght, etc, also display my
    > ssid in quotes. If it is appearing here, could one see it
    > online

Routers Wireless Network Connection SSID Networking