Sign in with
Your question

[General Purchase] Internet Laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 7, 2011 10:38:19 PM

1. What is your budget? 500-600

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Size doesn't matter, but the bigger the screen the better for easier reading. My parents are getting old... lol

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1600 * 900 or anything around that.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portal desktop replacement (the one currently being used is close to 6 years old and just needs an upgrade)

5. How much battery life do you need? Not important as the laptop is always plugged in, this is a coffee table ... use while watching tv type computer.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Simply using the internet, facebook, youtube, netflix movies, and some word processing (ms office)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Not really important except for some photos, so anything around 100 gigs (which i know is REALLY low for todays laptops would do just fine)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Newegg.com / Tigerdirect.com

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Dvd rom/ writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I prefer Asus but its for gaming purposes, the laptop i'm looking to buy is for my parents christmas present to replace their old beat up one. So as long as it runs well, will run for a while, we are good.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Like mentioned above, this laptop is for my parents who do their internet facebook stuff, watch youtube videos, do some checkbooking, play some small flash games, and sometimes do some word processing. This would preferably be something that boots fast, is stupid friendly, and can last a while.
December 8, 2011 3:11:39 PM

Any other suggestions?
m
l
!