Multiple problems, need help...

Anfini03

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
Not sure whether to post this in the DVD forum, or here, in graphics. It's kinda both. Even somewhat motherboards. Anyways, here is the problem. If I try to play a DVD, in any player, it freezes after a random amount of time. The entire system locks. Always random points and times of play. Wondering what could be causing this. I use a Radeon 9700 Pro on a Gigabyte GA-8INXP E7205 motherboard. As a side note, in the motherboard BIOS, if I enable the TOP PERFORMANCE option, I can't even complete a 3dMark test. It freezes. Last but not least, whenever I power off the computer, it powers itself right back on. Any clues to any of these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tech Support: "Hello, tech support, may I help you?"
Customer: (in a thick Russian accent) "Yes. Monitor is working fine but has sparks and smoke flying out back. Is ok?"

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Are you using a software DVD player such as WinDVD, or windows Media Player?

If someone with multiple personalities, threatens to commit suicide, is that a hostage situation?..xXZoomInstagibXx

Anfini03

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
I've tried it under Media Player, and ATI's File Player, but nothing specific like a WinDVD, or PowerDVD.

Tech Support: "Hello, tech support, may I help you?"
Customer: (in a thick Russian accent) "Yes. Monitor is working fine but has sparks and smoke flying out back. Is ok?"