Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Why go apple??

Last response: in Mac Os X
Share
May 26, 2011 2:20:09 PM

So from a technical stand point why should anyone buy an apple? ( besides looks i want technical answers!)

They cost much more the parts used to make them?? why spend so much for so little??

The operating system is not compatible unless you imulate windows.. DUH why get a new OS if its non campatable unless you use windows imulated. just use windows as a base and imulate the OSX??

They can play almost no games.. woot TF2

the software that makes them "special" can be used in windows and in linux

the hardware works better and faster with windows running on it and linux.

every six months there is a new OSX.. and you must buy the new one to use the software (itunes 10)

They use intel processers and not AMD..???

Just wanting to know if someone can clear this up with me? It seems that going apple is not logical, its like going bananas for looks..

More about : apple

May 27, 2011 12:39:03 AM

xx_pemdas_xx said:
They cost much more the parts used to make them?? why spend so much for so little??


The MacBook Pro's are highly rated, as are most of Apple's other components. When you buy an Apple computer you are getting a high quality machine.

xx_pemdas_xx said:
The operating system is not compatible unless you imulate windows.. DUH why get a new OS if its non campatable unless you use windows imulated. just use windows as a base and imulate the OSX??


Say what? Why would you want to emulate Window on OS X to begin with? Try emulating OS X on your Windows box and tell us how it goes.

xx_pemdas_xx said:
They can play almost no games.. woot TF2


You may want to check your facts here.

xx_pemdas_xx said:
the software that makes them "special" can be used in windows and in linux


Final Cut, Logic Pro, GarageBand, etc.? Again, check your facts...you can not run either of these apps and there are others.

xx_pemdas_xx said:
the hardware works better and faster with windows running on it and linux.


Well, I have run Windows on new Mac's and the same app will actually run faster in OS X then the Windows equivalent using VMWare, or Boot Camp. Do you know what you are talking about?

xx_pemdas_xx said:
every six months there is a new OSX.. and you must buy the new one to use the software (itunes 10)


You must be a middle schooler. The Mac OS comes out with a new version ever 18-24 months...or so. When it does come out and you decide to buy the newer version, then you can be assured that you will only have to pay $20 or so for the new OS. Compare it to Windows...about the same with the design cycle, but the biggest difference is in the upgrade costs.

xx_pemdas_xx said:
They use intel processers and not AMD..???


Yea, so what?

xx_pemdas_xx said:
Just wanting to know if someone can clear this up with me? It seems that going apple is not logical, its like going bananas for looks..


The only thing illogical around here is you. You could answer your own questions if you wanted to, but it is apparent that you are a troll.
m
0
l
May 27, 2011 1:02:01 AM

Not a troll. Easy there.
However.

As Yoder proves, macs are not worse tech-wise. They can run the same apps, generally (most new games are mac-compatible). The new ones finally have decent hardware, here referring to GPUs.

They're very handsome, and often brilliantly designed (iMac!!).

OSX is superior to windows. Hands down. (More apps for windows not included, but as I said, most new things are compatible.) You pay with a closed system, but what you get is a much more user-friendly experience. In my experience, on macs things just WORK. You don't get stupid bugs or random crashes or crazy viruses. Application menus make actual sense, and the filing system is much cleaner. There are neat apps like iWork (I think it's the best word processor), Logic, etc as he said above. You lose a few choices hardware-wise, but you get a better-designed operating system.

They use Intel because Intel processors are better. They're also much more expensive, but that's how macs work.

Basically, Macs are a superior experience for an absurd premium. I had a mac when my parents paid for it, but now that it's my money I'm on Windows.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 27, 2011 1:02:47 AM

Quick answer to this would be, if you're happy with what you have, don't change?

Unless you are required to..
Share
May 27, 2011 1:11:28 AM

Best answer selected by xX_PEMDAS_Xx.
m
0
l
May 27, 2011 1:13:07 AM

only goof-balls swap over to mac's.... LOL
ever tried to hack with a mac.? it's not happening..
they are good for specific tasks only..
m
0
l
May 27, 2011 1:17:18 AM

Yoder54 said:

Say what? Why would you want to emulate Window on OS X to begin with? Try emulating OS X on your Windows box and tell us how it goes.

Hackintosh. Yeah, I know Apple hates the idea. So what?


kajabla said:

In my experience, on macs things just WORK. You don't get stupid bugs or random crashes or crazy viruses.

That is changing:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/malware-macs-apple-mac...
m
0
l
May 27, 2011 1:21:08 AM

kajabla said:
They can run the same apps, generally (most new games are mac-compatible).
Don't forget onLive and Steam. That should ramp up the number of games. Though with reduction in performance.

kajabla said:
The new ones finally have decent hardware, here referring to GPUs.

With heavy mark up price. Only the wealthy can afford.

kajabla said:

OSX is superior to windows. Hands down. (More apps for windows not included, but as I said, most new things are compatible.) You pay with a closed system, but what you get is a much more user-friendly experience. In my experience, on macs things just WORK. You don't get stupid bugs or random crashes or crazy viruses. Application menus make actual sense, and the filing system is much cleaner. There are neat apps like iWork (I think it's the best word processor), Logic, etc as he said above. You lose a few choices hardware-wise, but you get a better-designed operating system.
This, I disagree. Macs crash. Differently. And Macs has fewer viruses because they have fewer user. As they grow, more and more viruses will emerge. I wonder the add Apple use will be valid? It works because it is in a closed environment.

I agree on the filing system. Easy, neat, and cleaner. Undoubtedly faster. And there's a lot of nice apps. iWork = WIN.

I think what makes the Mac experience goes down the drain, to people who love Windows is not because the hardware or software. It's because of Apple. Just my 5 cents.


m
0
l
May 27, 2011 1:22:21 AM

didn't macs just get the first blast of viruses and mal-ware attacks recently.?
m
0
l
May 27, 2011 11:03:55 AM

Yoder54 said:
Say what? Why would you want to emulate Window on OS X to begin with? Try emulating OS X on your Windows box and tell us how it goes.

As you wanted feedback I thought I'd report back. OS X runs just fine in VMWare on my Windows 7 box.
m
0
l
May 29, 2011 1:53:01 PM

Ijack said:
As you wanted feedback I thought I'd report back. OS X runs just fine in VMWare on my Windows 7 box.

secound that it runs fine on my vbox under windows 7 ultimate :D 
m
0
l
!