Help me Find Card, Win a Prize!

The prize is a thank you very very very very very much.

Here are the rules for the card:

1) It must have stable, efficient, fast LINUX drivers. The computer will have Red Hat Linux.
2) It must work with an Apple Cinematic Display (I think this means it needs a DVI-I connector)
3) It must be very fast for protein modelling and other graphics intensive things (think 3d workstation graphics caliber)
4) Lets set the price limit at $5000 dollars US.
5) It must be compatible with a Pentium 4 CPU and Intel chipset (some 3dlabs cards (like the oxygen) suck in their compatibility in my past experiences).

GOGOGOGOGO!
You get a free thanks for an entry!
4 answers Last reply
More about help find card prize
  1. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY NO USE APPLE DISPLAY ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: Wow, if he's here who's running hell? :evil:
  2. UMMMMM THE APPLE CINEMATIC DISPLAY IS ONE OF THE BEST LCD MONITOR OUT THERE. THE ASPECT RATIO KICKS ARSE FOR MODELLING.
  3. lol, it's response time certainly doesn't. With that said, the issue is that the cinema display uses a proprietary connector for the mac which includes usb and power. Thus, u'll need to either splice the wires or get a converter so that you can hook it up to an outlet and run it w/ DVI. Also, why the cinema display? A big crt would serve u so much better.
    In terms of a vid card, I have an answer for you: Quadro4 FX2000- ~$1850
    In terms of drivers, I'm sure nv will conjure some up.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    - Mario Andretti
  4. Thanks for the post. I'm looking into your suggestion. Stay tuned.

PS> "Apple will not disclose the monitor's pixel response time, but it appears to be faster than the 25 milliseconds typical of most high-end LCDs."
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product