ouch my ears

cefoskey

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
I think the muffled OS .25 size model airplane engine ive got in one of my planes is quieter than that, honestly.....

Ive seen a very large heatsink/heatpipe aftermarket kit that would probably do fine on that chip (if it fits the PCB). I just think the whole oversized fan is a horrible idea for the end user.

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my drive?"

G

I take it that you are refering to the new Geforce FX. I've yet to hear it, but from what i've heard from other people its loud. My question is how loud and can you hear it over your cpu fan?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My white trash neighbor took care of the annoying noise of his missing mufler by adding another subwoofer to his car. Now he can't here the noise. Just a suggestion on how to solve the problem :smile:

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

flowmaster

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Im thinking the fx wont be a big hype for long after boosting 500 marks over 9700 pro and having the noise of a car with a saw'd-off muffler. And see that the card is slightly better then the 9700pro then oveclocked just to make the card look even better and make everyone crazy about it.
Everyone at the lan Saturday was like i dont want the 9700 pro... im waiting for the new nvidia videocard.
So i run benchmark test on my Hercules 3D Prophet 9700pro without overclocking it and they called mine a monster and then I set all settings up and everyone was like crap!
Then I overclocked my video card and blew um away.
But after all this they still want the nvidia fx videocard.
You'd be stupid to buy something that requires that much power and cooling and is set to highest settings.
Did you look at all the compasitors and stuff on the fx board .. HOLY CRAP! those things are bigger then ones used to control the new mobos

:)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by flowmaster on 01/28/03 00:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I grew up in the country half way between the upscale resorts and the fetal alcohol syndrome rednecks. The rednecks would put two cherry bomb header mufflers under their car and say "listen to how fast it is"! Yeh, that's right, these kids are all geeked up, "That's the sound of power, my friend" types. They's buy it even if it were slower.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I think anyone would be better to get a 9700Pro and overclock it above the FX. For one, the FX can not be overclocked with the heat it generates and for another the 9700Pro would be cheaper and quiter.

<b>Just because I like AMD or Intel more at a time because of one product compared to another, does not make me a fan boy, it makes me a person who is able to make a descision for myself.</b>

RobD

Champion
Lol! I knew someone who did that! Cranked the stereo up to mask the horrible engine sounds!

Nvidia have started something new here! I think dB is the new fps.