Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
HELL YA! I thought COD4 Was one of the greatest games I have ever played! I liked COD WaW Also but I missed the modern Weapons...SO I'm very excited about his WOOT!

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
hopefully you dont get a 4870x2 by november, i hope they come out with something much better. they are talking about new thing that make graphics much more real, i want to see something to power it better

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
About time. I hope they make it gory like World at War was too and improve the multiplayer, because honestly, the multiplayer for Call of Duty 4 sucked and could use a lot of refinement.

b2dmasternsniper

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
ya its called raytracing, presumably it will render graphics 300 times faster than the current "rendering" process. We will play photorealistic games.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Efrayim[/nom]HELL YA! I thought COD4 Was one of the greatest games I have ever played! I liked COD WaW Also but I missed the modern Weapons...SO I'm very excited about his WOOT![/citation]

Thats what I wanted to say!!!!! HELLL YEAAAAAAAA

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]curnel_d[/nom]I want some screenshots.[/citation]
I want screenshots too, man. But even the teaser video for this didn't have anything at all, not even concept art.

As much as screenshots are great, I hope we'll only get to see a little bit from the game. There's nothing worse than getting tired of a game's look before it's even out.

MrBradley

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
I honestly disliked CoDWaW for many reasons but Im glad that CoD:MW2 will be coming out soon. I cant wait for an Infinity Ward game.

G

isn't this old news?

this was on most major gaming sites (not that everyone goes there)

but why is TH acting like OMGWTFBBQ MF2 !!!!! WOW

when its not that

G

btw its supposed to be mw2... modern warfare 2 but the lack of an edit feature is annoying

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I'm totally next in line for this game. Love the first one and it's one of those game I didn't use cheat on single player because I wanted to experience every moment of it. I kinda like game like Farcry 2 and Fallout 3 but those game are just too long and sometime frustrated to play by the rules. No other FPS game offer multiplayer like COD:MW. Well, maybe Halo but MS isn't going to release Halo3 for PC anytime soon and I kinda lost my patience waiting for Halo 2/3 and jump into COD band wagon and didn't regret doing it. However, I missed in-game voice chat that Counter Strike has.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
As long as there is more "Death from Above" this game will be great. Every game should have an AC 130 gunship level. I'd love to hit the Tank in L4D with with the 105mm! Forget the molitov!

Nice. Looking forward to this one. Would be cool if it wasn't quite as linear as COD4 was. As Trialsking mentioned, I also liked the Death from Above mission. Problem is it was exactly the same every time you played it. But it was kinda fun. :)

That 'audio' clip made it sound like COD:MW2 might involve some domestic terrorism. Perhaps an attack on an airport or something.

G

"Ya its called raytracing, presumably it will render graphics 300 times faster than the current "rendering" process. We will play photorealistic games."

uhh, no. Raytracing will make games much more realistic, but it requires a lot more processing power. There is even a company releasing a dedicated raytracing card (another Ageia physics scenario?) in order to power it. Your CPU or GPU has to trace millions of light beams bouncing around in real time and that takes power. lots of it.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I prefer the historic missions over the propaganda drenched remakes for current times like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Frankly, when playing COD4, I just kept the feeling that there will be a popup anytime with an Army poster and a link to enlist. May just be me, but I rather shoot Germans in WWII ... even if I am actually German as well.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
COD5: Ancient Warfare! no? whatever..... I totally wanna unlock the composite bow and the footed arrow achievement. But that's only for single player. Multiplayer mode should have all weapons available during load out or as items on the field etc.

G

The COD4 missions were alright but the multiplayer really sucks.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
FAAAANTASTIC. The COD series is one of the ONLY reasons I upgrade my computer. MW was THE best game I ever played and that includes whoppers like Monkey Island, Wing Commander, Doom, Duke Nukem, Thief, etc. I've played almost all the WW2 FPS's and didn't think World at War was any good. The setting was fine but I'm done with WW2. I've played all the Medal of Honor Series, Call of Duty's, even Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Sick of Nazis. Bring on the muslim terrorists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS