constantine

Hello All.

Has anybody converted the blackguard from a prestige class to an ordinary
class? I'm thinking of it as the total opposite of the paladin, so there
should be some symmetry between the two. Base attacks, saves and spells per
day can be the same with the paladin's class. Skills seem balanced as well
(same number of class skills, many the same). Fiendish servant seems to be
working in almost the same way.

My problem is mostly with the spells (the paladin has access to way more
spells than the blackguard) and less with the class characteristics. Any
assistance on the matter will be much appreciated.

Friendly, Kostas.

Constantine wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> Has anybody converted the blackguard from a prestige class to an ordinary
> class? I'm thinking of it as the total opposite of the paladin, so there
> should be some symmetry between the two. Base attacks, saves and spells per
> day can be the same with the paladin's class. Skills seem balanced as well
> (same number of class skills, many the same). Fiendish servant seems to be
> working in almost the same way.
>
> My problem is mostly with the spells (the paladin has access to way more
> spells than the blackguard) and less with the class characteristics. Any
> assistance on the matter will be much appreciated.
>
> Friendly, Kostas.

Check out the "Paladin of Slaughter" variant. It's in Unearthed Arcana,
or you can find it here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm

Laszlo

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> Check out the "Paladin of Slaughter" variant. It's in Unearthed Arcana,
> or you can find it here:
>
> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm

There are also evil paladin variants for each alignment - Lawful, Neutral, and
Chaotic Evil - in Dragon Magazine #312, the third and last of the "update
series" from when the revised core rules were released.

The Unearthed Arcana variants tend to be boring direct flips of the powers; the
Dragon Magazine classes had pretty interesting themes of their own.

Either #310 or #311 has paladin variants for the other five alignments.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
The geek with roots in Hell!

Who do you blame when your kid is a - brat?
Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese - cat?
Blaming the kids is a lie and a - shame!
You know exactly who's - to - blame:
The mother and the father!