just order a new Dell

This will be my 3rd Dell waht do you think?

Product: Pentium® 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800 FSB,
1MB), Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
Monitor: 19 in 1905FP Dell Ultrasharp™ Digital Flat Panel Display
Hard Drive: FREE UPGRADE! 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
Network Interface: Integrated Intel® PRO 1000 Ethernet
Document Management: Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394
capability
Productivity Software: Microsoft Works Suite 2003
Digital Music: Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
Hardware Support Services: 1 Yr Ltd. Warranty, 1 Yr In-Home/On-Site Service,
24x7 Phone Tech Support
9 answers Last reply
More about just order dell

    What system? What video card?

    "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This will be my 3rd Dell waht do you think?
    >
    > Product: Pentium® 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800
    > FSB, 1MB), Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    > Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
    > Monitor: 19 in 1905FP Dell Ultrasharp™ Digital Flat Panel Display
    > Hard Drive: FREE UPGRADE! 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
    > Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    > Network Interface: Integrated Intel® PRO 1000 Ethernet
    > Document Management: Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
    > Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394
    > capability
    > Productivity Software: Microsoft Works Suite 2003
    > Digital Music: Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
    > Hardware Support Services: 1 Yr Ltd. Warranty, 1 Yr In-Home/On-Site
    > Service, 24x7 Phone Tech Support

    It's a 8400 with a 256MB PCI ExpressT x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce
    6800

    > It's a 8400 with a 256MB PCI ExpressT x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce
    > 6800

    What's not to like? WSZsr has an 8400......

    Stew

    "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This will be my 3rd Dell[: what] do you think?
    >
    > Product: Pentium® 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800
    > FSB, 1MB), Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    > Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
    > Monitor: 19 in 1905FP Dell Ultrasharp™ Digital Flat Panel Display
    > Hard Drive: FREE UPGRADE! 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

    Note with extremely over-inflated hard drives: Backing up that much data to
    protect against drive crashes can become a fulltime occupation. I haven't
    seen anything about including a DVD burner in this description. If you
    expect to be filling up music / video / photos, you'll need one. I
    personally distrust burners after my last batch destroyed nearly a third of
    my photos when the burn bombed *after* I'd deleted the originals. My
    favorite method of backing up data is creating a copy of a smaller drive
    into a larger drive's folder, via network transportation. Slow, but
    effective.

    > Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    > Network Interface: Integrated Intel® PRO 1000 Ethernet
    > Document Management: Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
    > Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394
    > capability
    > Productivity Software: Microsoft Works Suite 2003

    If you can swap the Works for Office, you'll be miles ahead when it comes to
    college or business usage of your system.

    > Digital Music: Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
    > Hardware Support Services: 1 Yr Ltd. Warranty, 1 Yr In-Home/On-Site
    > Service, 24x7 Phone Tech Support

    3 or 4 year ONSITE NBD (next business day) is the best way to run. Hard
    drives notoriously fail *once a year* until you get a good model installed.

    > Note with extremely over-inflated hard drives: Backing up that much data
    > to protect against drive crashes can become a fulltime occupation. I
    > haven't
    > seen anything about including a DVD burner in this description. If you
    > expect to be filling up music / video / photos, you'll need one. I
    > personally distrust burners after my last batch destroyed nearly a third
    > of my photos when the burn bombed *after* I'd deleted the originals. My
    > favorite method of backing up data is creating a copy of a smaller drive
    > into a larger drive's folder, via network transportation. Slow, but
    > effective.

    I do have a dvd burner. Also I really don't need 250 gig of hard drive!!
    But it came with it, I have an 160 gig hard drive ehre that I will keep for
    back up. Things like pictures or mp3 (I have my entire CD collection on that
    drive) that I don't want to loose. So I will keep those files and others on
    two different hard drive.

    > If you can swap the Works for Office, you'll be miles ahead when it comes
    > to college or business usage of your system.

    I already have office '97 wich is enough for my needs.

    > 3 or 4 year ONSITE NBD (next business day) is the best way to run. Hard
    > drives notoriously fail *once a year* until you get a good model
    > installed.

    That could be a good idea, thanks!

    Yvon

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:58:40 -0500, "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >It's a 8400 with a 256MB PCI ExpressT x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce
    >6800
    >

    >"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> What system? What video card?
    >>
    >> "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> This will be my 3rd Dell waht do you think?
    >>>
    >>> Product: Pentium® 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800
    >>> FSB, 1MB), Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    >>> Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
    >>> Monitor: 19 in 1905FP Dell Ultrasharp™ Digital Flat Panel Display
    >>> Hard Drive: FREE UPGRADE! 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
    >>> Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    >>> Network Interface: Integrated Intel® PRO 1000 Ethernet
    >>> Document Management: Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
    >>> Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394
    >>> capability
    >>> Productivity Software: Microsoft Works Suite 2003
    >>> Digital Music: Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
    >>> Hardware Support Services: 1 Yr Ltd. Warranty, 1 Yr In-Home/On-Site
    >>> Service, 24x7 Phone Tech Support
    Ask for another dvd burner other then a Phillips dl. Read the forum
    and see all the problems with it.

    HOW MUCH YOU PAYING? IF YOU'RE BUY A TOP OF THE LINE DELL YOU'RE PROBABLY
    PAYING TOO MUCH! DELL...BAH-HUMBUG!!!

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:00:05 -0500, "Yvon" <y_gravel@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >This will be my 3rd Dell waht do you think?
    >
    >Product: Pentium® 4 Processor 550 with HT Technology (3.40GHz, 800 FSB,
    >1MB), Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    >Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
    >Monitor: 19 in 1905FP Dell Ultrasharp™ Digital Flat Panel Display
    >Hard Drive: FREE UPGRADE! 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
    >Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005
    >Network Interface: Integrated Intel® PRO 1000 Ethernet
    >Document Management: Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
    >Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy™2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394
    >capability
    >Productivity Software: Microsoft Works Suite 2003
    >Digital Music: Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
    >Hardware Support Services: 1 Yr Ltd. Warranty, 1 Yr In-Home/On-Site Service,
    >24x7 Phone Tech Support

    Depends what you are going to use it for?

    >> Note with extremely over-inflated hard drives: Backing up that much data
    >> to protect against drive crashes can become a fulltime occupation. I
    >> haven't
    >> seen anything about including a DVD burner in this description. If you
    >> expect to be filling up music / video / photos, you'll need one. I
    >> personally distrust burners after my last batch destroyed nearly a third
    >> of my photos when the burn bombed *after* I'd deleted the originals. My
    >> favorite method of backing up data is creating a copy of a smaller drive
    >> into a larger drive's folder, via network transportation. Slow, but
    >> effective.
    >
    > I do have a dvd burner. Also I really don't need 250 gig of hard drive!!
    > But it came with it,

    Yes, but if you downgrade to a lower sized HDD, you can save some money by
    *reducing* the gross pricetag of your system.

    >> If you can swap the Works for Office, you'll be miles ahead when it comes
    >> to college or business usage of your system.
    >
    > I already have office '97 [which] is enough for my needs.

    On an XP system? hmm... well, it's a bit outdated. Yes, it *may* work, but
    so do Notepad and Wordpad. The lowest office version I'll work with is
    2000.

    >> 3 or 4 year ONSITE NBD (next business day) is the best way to run. Hard
    >> drives notoriously fail *once a year* until you get a good model
    >> installed.
    >
    > That could be a good idea, thanks!

    anytime :-)

    Dick Silk -- The Computer Tutor
    http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcsilk
    for rates and online chat

    - Press [ESC] to detonate or any other key to explode.

Dell Microsoft Computers Product