sine

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Hallo

can someone help me
I would like to buy a labtop which main purpose is to work max 3D. I need to know which graphics card I should go for. One that has OpenGL and works with a mobile computer.

please help

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sine on 01/30/03 12:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
All laptop graphics cards -that I know of- are soldered on to the motherboard. I think most (if not all) laptop GC´s support OGL.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

davepermen

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
i think you should get one with a radeon9000 in (or what ever that thing is called..)

its dx8.1 features, that means quite a lot of opengl features (incl GL_ATI_text_fragment_shader, a subset of GL_ARB_fragment_program)

the most advanced card you can currently have in a mobileversion..

or you could try to put a gfFX hairdryer in...:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit

www.google.com

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
The best mobil graphics chip is the nvidia 4200toGo, but it is expensive for laptop makers to use because of heat and interface problems and power consumption.(sounds like the FX) There is also the Nvidia MX440toGo chip, which has no pixel shaders and only DX7 compliance<sux>. ATI had been producing the mobility 7000? I think for a while, which was pretty popular, and recently introduced the mobility 9000, which is great. DX8.1 compliance and fits in the same socket that the previous ATI offering uses. SO....laptop makers can simply choose to use the upgraded chip without having to go back to the drawing boards and change everything. Talk about a money saver.

If someone with multiple personalities, threatens to commit suicide, is that a hostage situation?..xXZoomInstagibXx