Palm OS Simulator + Virtual Phone

June 15, 2005 7:21:54 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know whether the Palm OS Virtual Phone application also
works with the Palm OS Garnet Simulator besides working with the
Palm OS Cobalt Simulator? I would like to use Virtual Phone to
test some Palm V applications but I am not sure whether this
is feasible since the documentation seems to mention Palm OS
Cobalt for the most part in connection with virtual phone.

Furthermore, out of curiosity, I would like to know what
percentage of Palm OS Garnet devices support telephony and
what percentage of Palm OS Cobalt devices support telephony.
I would imagine that the number of Palm OS Garnet devices
supporting telephony is far less, but nevertheless still
significant in number. Anyone have a rough estimate?

Thanks,

Neil
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:04:14 AM

In article <b68d2f19.0506151421.60b8f643@posting.google.com>,
nzanella@cs.mun.ca (Neil Zanella) wrote:

> Furthermore, out of curiosity, I would like to know what
> percentage of Palm OS Garnet devices support telephony and
> what percentage of Palm OS Cobalt devices support telephony.
> I would imagine that the number of Palm OS Garnet devices
> supporting telephony is far less, but nevertheless still
> significant in number. Anyone have a rough estimate?

Easy question here since there are no Palm OS Cobalt devices currently on
the market.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:11:45 PM

Neil Zanella a écrit, le 16/06/2005 00:21 :

> Does anyone know whether the Palm OS Virtual Phone application also
> works with the Palm OS Garnet Simulator besides working with the
> Palm OS Cobalt Simulator?

Sure, it works... But use the version 1 of VirtualPhone with Garnet, and
the version 2 with Cobalt. Both are included in the PODS package, in
the appropriate folders.

> Furthermore, out of curiosity, I would like to know what
> percentage of Palm OS Garnet devices support telephony

The percentage of models or the percentage of units sold?

> what percentage of Palm OS Cobalt devices support telephony.

### Division by zero error ###

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:11:45 +0200, Patrick Vuichard wrote:

>> what percentage of Palm OS Cobalt devices support telephony.
>
> ### Division by zero error ###

No, that'd be 100%, since there is only 1 Cobalt phone
out there in production, and it supports telephony just fine.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:28:19 PM

David A. Desrosiers a écrit, le 16/06/2005 16:13 :

> No, that'd be 100%, since there is only 1 Cobalt phone
> out there in production, and it supports telephony just fine.

You can't find any Cobalt phones in the shelves.

Two are officially announced (GsPDA and Oswin) but both are still in
development.

--

!