Sign in with
Your question

I Need Major Help Here Too/radeon 8500 powercolor.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • PowerColor
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2003 12:06:07 AM

Hi..

I Have a POWERED BY ATI" Radeon 8500 64mb..powercolor Evil Master II................250/250.........

I bought this Card like 5 or 6months ago.. The First ever video card i bought in my Life and the only i have so FAR.

I have been Having Problem with this since the Begining..
I play QUAKE3, Mods for quake3 like Urban Terror, i played many others games and work fine. But there are Half of the games i cannot EVER PLAY in MY unlucky LIFE. THE PROBLEM IS::::::::::While i play Some games with Good Graphics details or whatever the MONITOR GO ALL BLACK and all i get to hear is the Game sound like FROZE and i cant do anything else more than RESET on my COmputer buton... Keyboard dont respond when that happen. I try UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003 from a friend.. Didnt work . and work in his computer perfectly with other Card of course...
i cannot play: The Thing, Nfs hot pursuit2 also got problems,3D MARKS2001se in the CAR CHASING benchmark-sometimes on HIGH DETAILS crash and low details too.. and others games i try already. But i dont have any other at the moment... I want to BUY UNREAL 2 & im scare the same thing happen.

WHAT Cant i do about this ? and my COmputer specs are:

OS------------WIN98se.
Power Supply--350watts.
MOTHER BOARD--msi K7T Turbo2.
GPU-----------XP1700+
Memory--------256mb SDRAM.
Video Card----powered by ati powercolor Radeon 8500 64mb
Sound Card----SB Live 5.1.
Hard Drive----MAXTOR 40GB 7200rpm.
Is that all the info about a Computer ? im not sure if something missing.. PLEASE i really need help i want to play UT2003 and i CANT?! I decide im not buying a ATI card ever in my life. Next time i go for Nvidia.

More about : major radeon 8500 powercolor

January 31, 2003 1:21:33 AM

What drivers are you using for the video card?? Are you using ATI's drivers or power color's??

I miss my ATI Radeon 64mb ViVo SE :frown:
January 31, 2003 1:47:20 AM

I have Used all the Drivers for all the time i have this card i have been Updating Drivers of all kinds to see if i get FIXED BUT NO LUCK .. i even try evil master 2 POWERCOLOR drivers and no luck and Im currently using ATI powered DRIVERS...
Related resources
January 31, 2003 1:47:41 AM

Check that your drivers are up-to-date, also DirectX operation,-start-run-dxdiag-OK.
The graphics on the ATI cards- AA, AF, etc, are superior to the Nvidia GF cards.

DCB_AU
January 31, 2003 1:54:38 AM

By the way. I JUST REINSTALLED Unreal Tournament 2003- i Played For about 40 minutes and i got Adicted thinking the problem was fixed.. i never get to play for more than 1min. Then after i beat many levels and JUMP and KILL -then i was going to other Map and then each time the map finish LOADING CRASH and my Screen goes Black and flashing and I have to reset the computer. I try Disable Directx acceleration and the game wont work without it. i try lowering GRAPHIC POWERFORMANCE 1 level back and Didnt make any change..

Taking about NFS hot pursuit2 I had same prob but i get to play much longer and enjoy the game for a while. I had to do something and was DOWNCLOCK my card from DEFAULTS 250/250 to 231/222 and i get a chance to stay playing longer i think maybe im wrong? Someone told me the FREQUENCY from the video to MONITOR is too High and im not sure what to do???? Im sick of this im about to spent all my money buying a new VIDEO CARD........................ HELP PLZ some1 have to know about thisss....plz
January 31, 2003 3:50:50 AM

I GOT NEW IDEAS...
This monitor im using its old 1999 13''
The VGA connector have only 13pins and i read that this use VGA 15pins connector? but i only have problems in some games not all? cant this be part of all this? i also BOUGHT a envision 19" monitor and had 14pins only and CRASH on the games too and i return it cause i didnt like it too much.

HELP HELP HELP.................... . .. ... ..... .. . . . .
January 31, 2003 6:43:30 AM

Run dxdiag and check to see if everything is working there. Also have you installed the latest via4in1's?? This has been happening since you first got the card?
January 31, 2003 11:12:55 PM

Squints..
Yes I have installed the lastest 4in1 via drivers from my Mother Board Website.. www.msi.com.tw

I run DXdiag and everything run perfect..

And this has been happening with many games since i got the Card yes.

What i found so far is that, my VideoCard is 250/250 default. I downloaded RADtweak and i DOWNCLOCKED down to 222/222 and that way i get more chance to play does games that crash all the time. But of course Even like thios crash anytime i play, but i can still play sometimes longer.
Playing QUAKE3 never happen though ? cause QUAKE3 dont use so much out of this card , i mean the graphics are not so Good like UT2003. Yesterday i Overclocked the CARD again and i went up to 265/265 and i even try 265/250 or whatever, the result was soon as get the game to LOADING and Game start CRASH.. i can be on the GAME MENU and everything without problem its just the GRAPHIC in the MAPS.. I dont know much about this stuff, But the problem has to be something about VOLTAGE or FREQUENCY or anything similar. I need some help from people who knows alot about this VIDEO CARDS stuff!!!

IM Desesperated WITH THIS .............. I want to buy a new video card just to play the games. try helping me on this please. its there some other place i can ASK FOR HELP?
January 31, 2003 11:13:13 PM

Squints..
Yes I have installed the lastest 4in1 via drivers from my Mother Board Website.. www.msi.com.tw

What i found so far is that, my VideoCard is 250/250 default. I downloaded RADtweak and i DOWNCLOCKED down to 222/222 and that way i get more chance to play does games that crash all the time. But of course Even like thios crash anytime i play, but i can still play sometimes longer.
Playing QUAKE3 never happen though ? cause QUAKE3 dont use so much out of this card , i mean the graphics are not so Good like UT2003. Yesterday i Overclocked the CARD again and i went up to 265/265 and i even try 265/250 or whatever, the result was soon as get the game to LOADING and Game start CRASH.. i can be on the GAME MENU and everything without problem its just the GRAPHIC in the MAPS.. I dont know much about this stuff, But the problem has to be something about VOLTAGE or FREQUENCY or anything similar. I need some help from people who knows alot about this VIDEO CARDS stuff!!!

IM Desesperated WITH THIS .............. I want to buy a new video card just to play the games. try helping me on this please. its there some other place i can ASK FOR HELP?
January 31, 2003 11:13:13 PM

Squints..

January 31, 2003 11:18:25 PM

OOPS sorry i pressed the buton 3 times cause this SITE is too SLOW and takes long time to POST something??? I got ADSL and this is the only site that i see SLOW and well only here on COMMUNITY
February 1, 2003 12:07:39 AM

Here is an odd trick that often helps stability. Go into your bios and change your AGP aperture size to 16mb (Try 8 and 32 too if unsuccessful). Report back. This force slower transfers over the AGP thusly helps prevent transfer failures. It may cut a couple FPS from your maximum, but nothing noticable.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...
February 1, 2003 1:16:04 AM

I just try it on 16mb agp aperture.. i try UT2003 and the GAME crash fast like always.. im gonna try again with 4mb Aperture...
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2003 5:55:28 AM

Black screens in games are usually caused by POWER PROBLEMS. They can also be caused by heat, but not as frequently (heat usually caused a freeze screen). Your video card draws MORE POWER when you play games, your voltage levels might be dropping under the extra load. Do you have a good way to monitor your voltage levels?

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>
February 2, 2003 12:33:00 AM

What brand of model of power supply do you have??

I want a Mustang...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AEboy128 on 02/01/03 09:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 2, 2003 2:30:16 AM

yeah crashman

the first thing i though of was that the card was too hot.
then i thought that maybe your power supply doesnt have enuff wattage

wat wattage is your powersupply dude?

and that 13" monitor DOESNT HELP. i can garuantee this. dont mind the typos because i have 6 beer in me.
February 2, 2003 1:03:45 PM

Try disabling that POS soundcard and then play and see what happens. Other than that I would say Crash's idea would make the most sense.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."
February 4, 2003 11:42:40 PM

Try to change some Bios setting such as memory clock speed, clock cyle, if nth can change, then reset your bios (clear CMOS)
hope you'll be fine
!