Unreal 2 and Radeon 9700 Pro

Makaveli

Splendid
Just installed Unreal 2 and playing @ 1280x1024 settings on high. And this game is awesome, I knew it was gonna use the UT2k3 engine but still can't believe how good the graphics are. One thing on my system I had to disable EAX as it made the game crash. Not sure it that was driver related or just a bug in the game.

My Specs
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=16172" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=16172</A>

vacs

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Same thing here. The game crashes from time to time when EAX is enabled. Creative probably will never release decent drivers for their soundcards. Even 5.1 surround doesn't work in Unreal 2 although I'm using the latest Audigy drivers (v323).

Graphics are really amazing, but gameplay is boring as hell. Maybe I played too much NOLF2...

sharpshooteruk

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
some very good point about the game. I have also heard it is not exackly a killer title at the start of the game but its supposed to be really good near-at the end of the game. Beeing as its not out in the uk i wouldnt know for sure.

Also theres always very cool mods to make the game worth while. Yeah i used to have some eax problems on older games too but seeing as my soundcard is now onbaord on my shuttle (which is supposed to be nearly if not as good as the soundblaster live) i wouldnt know.

Sharpshooter

shooting at a place near you!

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
the game runs very smoothly on my geforce 3 ti200 also, i'm planning on getting a 9700 or maybe (if they fix the sound) a geforce fx. I don't have the problem with the eax, but when i turned it on, i ended up with no sound at all...kinda strange...

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Yeah, I've heard good things about Unreal2, but I prefer the mindless killing in UT2K3... :lol: :wink:

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
How come you guys have the game already? Isn´t it released the 4th?

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
They're pretending that they have it...or they know how to use the internet. :smile:

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Introducing the NVIDIA GeForceFX: The first Videocard designed exclusively for deaf people!</A></font color=red>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
I had to get down and crawl in the grass because it looked so real, also the water looked real when I jumped in the pawn somewhere on the first level (the outdoor not where you have to swim)

only running it at 1024x768 and everything else on max, but damn it look good!

it's a must buy! to me it look better than UT2003 when you're outdoors

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
Huhm, cryptic answers :smile: . I´ll just wait until next week then (I live in Finland, not the states), just in time for spring break.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>