Vacuum Cleaner in a PC

david__t

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
Is it me or is cooling getting stupid now? Anyone who gets an XP 3200+ and a GeforceFX will have to have their case in another room to be able to hear their games. Why buy an expensive THX sound card when there is a vacuum cleaner switched on in your room all the time!! I was amazed to read that for all the crap that you have to put up with using a GF-FX you will only get a tiny performance increase in certain areas. Surely people with already packed PCs will not be able to give up a power connector and a PCI slot. I am sorry that Nvidia have reached their cooling limits just like AMD when ATi & Intel seem to have it covered.

Soon we will all need Prometia just to boot up :)

Who will join me in a campaign to make AMD & Nvidia supply free sub-zero cooling solutions with all forthcoming products?

eden

Champion
Excuse me but since when did you get the assumption, quite FUD mind you, that AMD has reached their cooling limit?
Their AthlonXPs are far from using noisy cooling, as long as they ship Retail CPUs, they ship cheap silent coolers. I have not heard of any Retail box owner who has noise problems with his AthlonXP.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile: