How do i turn off ONBOARD VGA?

o0k

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002
I have a amd t-bird 1.2ghz, 448mb ram, 17" Kds monitor on plug and play. i have a gainward g3 ti200 128mb vga and Windows 2000.
I was using expert tool to try to get alil bit more frames in counterstrike and i guess i must of overdid it. I usually get 60fps max.
In opengl with counterstrike the screen shatters. I reinstall the nvidia drivers and also put the speed of the vga back to default and the problem still exist.
When i have it on d3d. Its fine but i get about 10fps.
What should i do to make it not fuzzy and give me 99fps.

-emi

"There is No Spoon"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by o0k on 02/03/03 06:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Write down your CMOS settings, Clear the CMOS, make sure the computer is unplugged from power when you do, Bring it back up in the default mode, making sure you redisable any onboard items you weren't using, like onboard video, and see if the problem corrects itself. If it does then ease the CMOS settings up a little.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

o0k

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002
Where is CMOS? in the Bios? I will go check that.
When i goto the device manager, display adapter, under my g3 ti200 in general it said at the bottom "device usage" its grayed out so i can't pick to use the card. My friend has it on "use this device (enable)". I think some how it went from my vga to the onboard one on my mobo.
I d/led coolbits to turn off vsync and antitropic filtering and antialiasing to see if it would fix the problem.. it didn't.

"There is No Spoon"

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
disable it in the bios..(look around for it)
uninstall or disable the drivers...

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
Try this-
Shut down the PC.
Remove the graphic card, boot the PC.
Shut down the PC.
Replace graphic card and boot.

DCB_AU