XP Media Center & MN-500 Base

Last response: in Networking
Share
February 11, 2005 12:06:06 PM

New computer is using XP Media Center 2005. Want to
connect to wireless LAN using cable from MN-500 Base
Station. Downloaded new MSBN software and installed.
Base station was recognized. Followed wizard steps to
connect base to computer. Wizard stops at unable to
program base station. Suggested remove McAfee firewall
(virus program and firewall were both previously
disabled) and do reset on base. No help.

Does MN-500 work with Media Center 2005? How?

More about : media center 500 base

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 1:04:12 PM

Yes, it works, however, if you're going to use a Media Center Extender or
plan on streaming video or music to other systems, the MN-500 at 802.11b is
too slow to give any type of good experience at all. I would suggest
looking for a router which handles 802.11g & a.

Now, on the install problem. Did you uninstall McAfee as suggested? McAfee
and Symantec (Norton) programs don't quit when you "exit" from the Systray
icon. They continue running, hidden, and will continue to stop the
installation.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC