Best 19" LCD Monitor?

Kinoss

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2005
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a good 19" LCD monitor for around $400 or less. It will mainly be used for viewing information and text on websites and playing a few simple games. I've found the "Dell UltraSharp 1905FP" and it seemed nice but I really have no clue about these things. Thanks for your help!

Kinoss

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2005
48 views and no one has a single opinion? Wow, people here must be either really lazy or, for lack of a better word, stupid.

chrisdm

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
Well i'm looking around for LCDs as well so i'm not really to comment much but I did find out that that specific dell monitor has problems with ghosting.

RichPLS

Champion
people here must be either really lazy or, for lack of a better word, stupid.
Well, that is sure to soften em up...actually, neither of the above, we just don't like you.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Bruxbox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Well, I don't have a LCD monitor. I'll just tell you what I'm using

I have a Syntax Olevia 30" HD ready LCD TV. I bought it on Black Friday, and paid Micro Center $799US for it after mail-in rebate.

I have it hooked via DVI-to-DVI to a Windows XP Media Center Edtion box that includes:

Ahanix Devine D4 case
Asus K8N
Athlon 64 3000+
1 GB generic DDR
ATI HDTV Wonder
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250MCE
Samsung 16x Dual DVD burner
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
2x Western Digital 200 GB SATA
Belkin 1394 PCI card
Linksys 54G Wireless USB NIC

Connected to the Olevia: (1) WMCE box via DVI; (2) XBox via XBox special HD component cable to Olevia YPrPb; (3) Sony VCR via composite; (4) DirecTV STB via svideo; and (5) roof antenna via cable to dual analog tuner in the Olevia.

WMCE allows for TiVo like use: TV programs recording to hard drive, and time shifting with live TV.

The ATI HDTV Wonder brings in brilliant local HDTV. The HDTV Wonder dongle with svideo and composite connections allows for recording from VCR tapes or TV. The Hauppauge has FM radio as well as SD analog TV.

I have a Netflix DVD movie rental, and can watch DVD movies with XBox, Windows XP, or WMCE environment. DVD movies can be ripped to hard drive, and viewed from there in WMCE or from Windows XP with Windows Media Player 10, MPlayer, or any other player.

All recorded media can be burned to DVD or CD.

I currently play HalfLife2, Doom3, Far Cry, and Call of Duty, all are fantastic on the 30" screen. Only HalfLife2 and Far Cry provide widescreen resolution at 16:9 aspect ratio.

It's a different kind of computing.

beedee41

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2005
We use Samsung 193T's at work and found them to be excellent. Combined with the 5 year warranty you can't really beat this.

The colour, control, drivers, refresh rate, brightness etc are all market leading.

That said, if your looking for a gaming capable panel, then check our the new Viewsonics. With 8ms response time they are market leaders.

TRENDING THREADS