Can an artificer become an effigy master?

I think, by the book, the answer is "no". However, it seems to make
sense that an artificer ought to be able to branch into something very
similar to what the effigy master does.

Any suggestions on how to bend the prereqs so an artificer might also
qualify?

- Ron ^*^

Werebat wrote:

> I think, by the book, the answer is "no". However, it seems to make
> sense that an artificer ought to be able to branch into something very
> similar to what the effigy master does.
>
> Any suggestions on how to bend the prereqs so an artificer might also
> qualify?

Remove the Simulacrum requirement?

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
The geek with roots in Hell!

Who do you blame when your kid is a - brat?
Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese - cat?
Blaming the kids is a lie and a - shame!
You know exactly who's - to - blame:
The mother and the father!

Christopher Adams wrote:
> Werebat wrote:
>
>>I think, by the book, the answer is "no". However, it seems to make
>>sense that an artificer ought to be able to branch into something very
>>similar to what the effigy master does.
>>
>>Any suggestions on how to bend the prereqs so an artificer might also
>>qualify?
>

> Remove the Simulacrum requirement?

There is a Simulacrum requirement to become an Effigy Master?

Let's look...

Ah, I see. On a class spell list. Weird.

I could've sworn it had to do with arcane spellcaster levels.

Well... An appropriate alternative for the Artificer would be "Ability
to cast infusions", no?

That sounds balanced to me.

- Ron ^*^

Werebat wrote:

> There is a Simulacrum requirement to become an Effigy Master?
>
> Let's look...
>
> Ah, I see. On a class spell list. Weird.
>
> I could've sworn it had to do with arcane spellcaster levels.
>
> Well... An appropriate alternative for the Artificer would be "Ability
> to cast infusions", no?

Sure. I mean, you can just do it and see if anything breaks, you know?