ATI faboi'z rejoice! ^_^

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
ive just read an article saying that the R350 is coming out this spring, and very shortly after the RV350. This is probably not new news to most of you.

And then R400 is due out this summer!! w()()t... one can only imagine what this will be capable of.

Many people and websites say that ATI will take hold of MAJOR parts of many different markets. Like the mobile, handheld and entertainment(??) market.

Congrats ATI! Ive always loved them. Ever sinse I purchased my first Radeon256. IM not jumping on a bandwagon here, just wallowing in the success of my favorite video card company!

any Nvidia fans can join us as well =D
thers no shame in defeat

eden

Champion
I don't believe the R400 stuff, and if it did come out, it won't be anything major.
We are not yet into starting DirectX 10, in fact far from it, and therefore I believe the R350 will reign until autumn and then maybe there might be one, but it is just way early for a really new technology to come out.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Yeah, R350 and then a little while cause there wouldn't be much of a point released totally new tech in that close a timeframe.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

dhlucke

Polypheme
Sure there would. The point would be to upset the Nvidia fanboys. :smile:

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Introducing the NVIDIA GeForceFX: The first Videocard designed exclusively for deaf people!</A></font color=red>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
If R400 comes in summer, it will not be a new generation. It might be only a much faster R300 with some enhancements. Like GF4 Ti vs. GF3. GF4 was not a complete new generationm, but it wasmuch faster than GF3

<b> "You can put lipstick on a pig, but hey, it's still a pig!" - RobD </b>

eden

Champion
You did like me confusing the digit 4 in R400 as if it'd sound like GF3 to GF4 in generation numbers.
Unfortunatly look at them: NV10, NV20, MAJOR difference between those two. GF4 was NV25, not NV30. NV30 is a major new technology just like NV20 was to NV10.
ATi has the same thing, except with an extra 0. Therefore R400 is like an NV40.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

eden

Champion
That was not what I said, I said that in order for the R400 to come out, it MUST have outbreaking technology, just like NV10 to NV20, to NV30. NV40, R400 both must be brand new technology, way more advanced than current cards.

--