Feb 4, 2003
I have this configurations:
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Asus A7N8X mainboard
512MB PC2700 Kingston DDR RAM
40GB western digital harddisk
128MB Ati Radeon 9500 pro (Brand: HIS)
Elan vital T-10 Case (300 Watt)

As i make a 3D test with norton performance test program computer restarts itself. Same things happen when i run a game.
I use windows XP with the latest driver of ATI.

If you have any solutions for this problem please reply.

wingnut144

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had a similar problem with my 9700 Pro. I talked to ATI and they said that 300w power supply was the minimum. I went out and got a 450w, and everything works fine.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Almost guarenteed to be your powersupply.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Introducing the NVIDIA GeForceFX: The first Videocard designed exclusively for deaf people!</A></font color=red>

ckayahan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
I have All in Wonder 9700 pro and I suffer from frequent reboots during 3d games as well, my psu is 300w as well... Is there anything else to do rather than getting a new psu?

hue_jazz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
hey Cem.
Well I don't know about u ppl but here's my system:
Intel Pentium 4 1.6Aghz
256ddr ram
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
MSI 845E Max Mobo
60gb maxtor 7200rpm hd
10gb fugitsu 5400rpm hd
LG 16x DVD Player
Yamaha 24x10x20 cdrw
Soundblaster live! value
300W power supply.

My Radeon 9500 Pro runs perfectly fine. In games and in windows, no crashes whatsoever. I play RTCW, CS, Hitman 2, GTA3, Fifa 2003, NHL 2003.
All my settings set high and no crashes just smooth game play. I dunno why u guys get crashes.

RCPilot

Champion
That's a fine attitude. Hooray For Me F--- You. We need a lot more of that around here.

If you don't have anything to help the guy out, don't say anything!

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!

hue_jazz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
wtf is ur problem. Just making a comment because it seems that everybody elses systems are crashing with a 300W psu and mine ain't. I don't know wut the hell is wrong with u but u keep quiet because it seems that u don't like ppl making comments about differences. Both our PSU's are 300W, his crashes and mine doesn't and all u gotta do if tell me to shutup. Its just something I'm wondering about and just commenting something about it. WOW I told him my system and wut my results were, and all u do is tell me the STFU. U gotta learn how to talk with respect before some1 comes and beats u if u talk to them like that. As for helping him I'll tell him wut everybody else told him. Buy a new PSU that has more then 300W. As for u think before u say something or just keep ur mouth SHUT!!!

RCPilot

Champion
That's not what I read in your post. Most try to help around here & we don't need any flamers!

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rcpilot on 02/10/03 11:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Unfortionately, not all powersupplies are made the same and there isn't a standard that manufacturers follow. Some use their peak value, leaving the actual value available to the user much lower.

It's tough to tell what this guys got, but my bet is on the powersupply.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

RobD

Champion
So just because rcpilot objected to your post, you rant at him?! What he was getting at was the fact that it wasn't a solution to the problem. Chill man!

Lets keep this constructive people!

NEOs8n

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
I had exactly the same problem with my 9700 Pro, and all it took to fix was the brand new 3.1 Catalyst drivers. Try and get back to us.

System:
2700+
A7N8X Deluxe
2x 256 DDR333 Samsung (2,2,2,7)
Ati Radeon 9700 Pro (HIS)
80GB WD /8MB Cache
52/16/52 CDRW
350 PSU (Generic)

Cem

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
I tried new driver for ati but nothing changed. problem still exists. I am plannig to buy a 350watt psu but I dont know even if that would be enough. I didnt even put some pci cards also a second hard disk on. I mean their has to be another solution than getting a new psu.

RobD

Champion
Well, unless you are prepared to do something, good luck with having that problem for the rest of your rig's existence. Why are you so anti replacing your PSU?

RCPilot

Champion
<A HREF="http://firingsquad.gamers.com/guides/power_supply/" target="_new">Here's</A> the best article on PSU's I've ever read & use I mingt add. It tells you how to do the math to prove to yourself that you do or do not need a new one. I agree with RobD though . BTW thanks RobD

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!

Cem

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
thanks a lot for the article. That gave me an idea about the problem.
Also thank you everyone for your help

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've seen power supplies vary as much as 100W between rated and actual values for a given rated value. And some power supplies cut voltage at much lower values than others.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>