Can anyone tell me why my speed test shows my laptop
downloading 160-170kbs running Windows ME and my desktop
only downloads at half that speed?
Any help is appreciated

Haven't a clue without knowing the topography of your setup, but this
newsgroup supports only Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and
software. You should post general networking questions to one of the
networking newsgroups according to the operating system involved.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC