speed test

Can anyone tell me why my speed test shows my laptop
downloading 160-170kbs running Windows ME and my desktop
only downloads at half that speed?
Any help is appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about speed test

    Haven't a clue without knowing the topography of your setup, but this
    newsgroup supports only Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and
    software. You should post general networking questions to one of the
    networking newsgroups according to the operating system involved.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Russ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me why my speed test shows my laptop
    > downloading 160-170kbs running Windows ME and my desktop
    > only downloads at half that speed?
    > Any help is appreciated

Routers Hardware Windows Me Microsoft Networking