FTP server in PASV mode

Hello,

When external users attempt to connect to my internal ftp
site and switch to PASV mode, the IIS6 server responses
with the internal address of the Windows 2003 server;

"Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,8,19,236):

Do the Microsoft Base Stations have the ability for FTP
Application Level Gateway?

Thanks! - Mark

Setting up passive mode ftp on your server has nothing to do beyond the
forwarding of the passive mode ports.

You need to get IIS to use your WAN ip as the passive mode ip, and not your
LAN ip. That's something you setup within IIS (if it supports this), not
the router. You'll also need to tell IIS what ports have been forwarded
from the router.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Mark Gooderson" <markg@presys.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When external users attempt to connect to my internal ftp
> site and switch to PASV mode, the IIS6 server responses
> with the internal address of the Windows 2003 server;
>
> "Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,8,19,236):
>
> Do the Microsoft Base Stations have the ability for FTP
> Application Level Gateway?
>
> Thanks! - Mark

TRENDING THREADS