Cant install DX9 on WinXP

darcosys

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Well,I have one WinXP system made on AMD Athlon 1200 CPU,Radeon 9000,etc...
Some days ago I installed on other 2 PC(on is actually Dell 8200 notebook with M9000).Everything went OK.
So when I wanted to install DX9 on the system with Athlon, I got message(its traduction from French) "This application did not optenied Windows XP logo certificate, so it want be installed!". We are talking about 2 Microsoft's products. Does DX9 should get WinXP logo certification or what.Hahahaha. They at MS are really crazy. OK,more seriosly,why I can not run ATI DX9 demos on Radeon 9000 Mobility. Hardware not supported or what?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, the 9000 is a DX8 chip.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Thats like saying you cant install DirectX 8 on a GeF4mx (which you can). Try downloading a different copy from somewhere else.

If its not broken, you're not trying hard enough.

darcosys

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Thanks guys for "help".
1. Same DX9(same exe) installed on notebook with M9000.
2. OK,I suposed already that those demos wan't work. I was just hopping that now that ATI certified its drivers for all his cards for DX9,that it will run,with DX9 specific code doned by CPU.
3. There is no other DX9 version,and its the same for ATI,NVidia,SIS or whatever. I was thinking that fact that I have Win XP without SP1 could be problem.
So, any idea? Thank you!

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
what demos do you want to play? I meant try downloading DX9 from another FTP. You may need SP1 to install it. No point in having DX9 anyways. You will probally need catalyst 3.0 for DX9 to work.

If its not broken, you're not trying hard enough.