Unreal2 texture prob.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My new Leadtek A250 TD GF4 4200 Ti 128m video card (whew) is not rendering the Alien and friendly charactors in Unreal II correctly all the time.
Good game, however, when I am in an map outside the ship, the actors have wierd textures on thier body and faces, like only part of the textures are there, sorta like a demo for Trueform or some stuff like that. The Skarjj guys have a reflective coating it seems like. The human guys look like they have a stocking over thier head.
My components are an ASUS P4S333 (SIS645), Crucial 512m, P4 1.5Ghertz, and good model IBM 60Gb HD with WinXP.
Maybe I should use the CD drivers that came with it instead of the 40.41 drivers from Reactorcritical?
Any help would be appreciated as I want to play this game at its full potential.
PS: Am running DirectX9
Thanks,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Take_Out on 02/08/03 10:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I went to the www.unreal2.com site and they said they had problems with 40xx series of drivers and to go back to 3xxx. So I did, and guess what, GREAT TEXTURES, really nice detail on faces and stuff. So, dont use 40xx if you have probs with textures in UNREAL2, go to 31.00 like I did.
Good Luck,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Are you kidding? nVidia would NEVER have a problematic driver! LOL!

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I realize you fixed it with drivers but another thing to note is the massive amount of items that get fixed with the patch.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

Phalanx01

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
Wish I had an Nvidia card... but NO, they just HAD to sell me an ATI! Oh don't worry the shopkeeper said... they're good cards... really... I agree, good hardware, but LOUSY software. Btw; Unreal II is a VERY buggy game, EAX doesn't even work 100%... this game was released way too early.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think that the game Unreal2 is to blame almost 98percent in this one. I usually have good luck with Nvidia drivers.
Am awaiting the patch here, tho.
Thanks much,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks, buddy, I am going to try the 41.09 soon as I leave here.
Good Luck,
Take-Out

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks, am awaiting patch like crazy dog.
Stay cool,
Take-Out

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
weird, it wasn't buggy at all for me, and my gf3 ran it beautifully on nvidia's newest drivers, although the upgraded ati card runs it just as nicely.

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

dhlucke

Polypheme
I had a few problems with a GF2. There would be little artifacts on the face of the girl with huge breasts.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS