Acer laptop battery not charging fully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguram

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Off late, (Laptop is 9 months old) Acer 5741G is charging the battery only upto 64%.
Is there anything we can correct this issue? I also see similar issues from other users.
Can Acer company address this issue? or anyone can help with suggestions.

Earlier I found a suggestion to uninstall an utility to check battery which I did. But of no use.

2 options.
1) contact Acer, I believe they have a 1 year hardware warranty, and they may be able to replace the battery

2) try deep cycleing your battery. Run it completely dry, and them recharge it until it is full. Then follow that cycle and see if it helps over time. Some batteries work better when they are always charged/charging, while others require a deep cycle charge pattern otherwise they get a 'memory' and shortened lifespan.

fortuna

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hi,

I had and Acer laptop, its battery "acted" the same.. It did not hold a full charge relatively quickly.
B-U-T, i mistreated my battery, for example, i would keep it plugged while on AC for weeks or days, even though it was fully charged..

If i remember correctly, Acer provides 3 months of warranty for their batteries, but i'm not sure.
You can use this tool if you want to check your battery's health:
Battery status

Any how, if you ask me you'll probably need to replace you battery soon.. I Don't believe in any calibrations or other suggestions for "healing" the battery, BTW - Li-on batteries no longer have the memory effect, so that's not the case here.

Cheers :pt1cable:

Hi :)

You can leave a modern laptop Lithium battery connected for 5 years if you wish without damaging it...its the old Ni-Cad batteries you are thinking of from around 12 years ago....

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.