Help with AIW 9700 Pro!!

ckayahan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Hi guys,

I have recently bought the following system and I have a major issue with my VGA card. In 3d games such as Mafia, C&C renegade, Warcraft III etc, my system reboots randomly during the game. I have installed XP service pack, Catalyst 3.0 drivers for AIW 9700 pro, Nvidia 2.03 drivers for motherboard,directx 9.0 and the latest audigy drivers but the problem still persists. I have tried different combinations such as low quality high performance settings or vice versa but the problem still remained the same. I have cancelled the Agp 8x support from bios and gave her a go but it did not help either. I have checked the IRQ seettings from device manager and there is no conflict there either!!!
I have also used 3d MArk 2001 Se and my card finished the tests normally. So everything seems to be in order but my system keep on booting after a while (or freezes in mafia for ex) while playing these games. Can you please give me some advice cause I am seriously about to go insane after doing everything I know to solve the probem but not being able to do so... (especially paying 600 cad for getting some performance but not even being able to play a game without a problem is so frustrating...)
By the way here is my configuration:

Samsung 550b 15 inch Monitor
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Nforce 2 Motherboard
Amd Xp 2100+ Cpu
512 Mb DDR 333 Mhz ram
All in Wonder 9700 Pro VGA card
Creative Audigy Soundcard
40 Gb Seagate 7200 rpm hardrive
Case: UL-550 ATX Mid Tower, 2 x 3.5" & 4 x 5.25" Drive Bays, 300W P4 power supply & 2 USB Ports in Front,Blue Trim faceplate
LG 48x24x48 CD-RW
LG 52x CD-Rom
Cicero 16X DVD-rom

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
I have an old Geforce2 Ti and have the same problem, with my system (which is similar to yours). The only way I could get it to stop was to disable EAX within the game. I had thought that it was a power supply problem or some wierd vid card problem, but it stopped after disabling EAX. I thought that it was kinda strange, but the stack dumps that I got said that it was a problem with the Audigy sound subsystem. I could however, be wrong.

ckayahan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
I see, I have installed the latest audigy drivers though! Do you disable Eax within the game settings or thru audigy settings? If so can you tell me how?
Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
300W is marginal for that system. If it's a top quality power supply it COULD work, but most power supplies WON'T at that power rating.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts