oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
great...so you can help me out then..!!??
first off...this is my very FIRST trial in the genre of simulation games...even went out and bought my first joystick for it....
Now i was wondering...is the learning curve sooooo steep...man..it seems so difficult...basic maneouvres seem ok...but no matter i do...i can;t land the plane!!!
I always crash....
i've been going through the training only in the past 2 days....but it seems difficult...so...should i be just patient and give it time to learn the skills...or am i missing something...

other thing is technical....in the training...my fps is ok..around 40-50....but when i load a mission it drammatically goes down to 5-10....
is this game a ram hog..??
thanks for your help..

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Well, I´ve played a "couple" of flightsims and the favourites are definately the ageing "European Air War" and the splendid "Sturmovik".

As for the learning curve, well...the tutorials are very good if you ask me and once you get hold of it, it´s a piece of cake :smile:

I think the game is great, nice graphics and the "feeling" is absolutely marvelous!

As for the technical part I can´t say, but 5-10 fps sound very low indeed, I don´t know my framrate but it is smooth enough for being enjoyable.

My specs are XP1600, 512Mb and a Geforce2Mx (640x480, detail level about 90%)

<font color=green>One step closer to monkey</font color=green>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
landing in any decent flight sim is a tough job gotta be slow drop a notch of flaps and flare the nose up a little as you touch down oh yeah and pray lol .. I suggest you download Aces High from hitechcreations, they have a free 2 week trial of the online feature, it is full realism like IL2 ( which I also have) and the people there will be happy to give you help as you fly etc. One of the guys in my squad in Air-Warrior online before EA games bought and killed it used this as his sig .. says it all

"Flying is mans second most amazing sensation, a safe landing is the first."

<font color=red><b> cinnamon rolls arent really revenge </font color=red></b>

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
thanks for all the replies guys....but i guess i need time with this one....lol
I'm really good with FPS...but playing IL2 reminds me of the days Q2 came out and i was still a FPS newbie...
'll keep tryin...

pat

Expert
To land an airplane, you have to know the minimum speed where the airplane can still fly. for this exemple, let say it is 135 knots. On your approach, put the airbrake on, cut the throtle and slow down til you reach about 155-160knots. then open the flaps. watch your speed!! too slow and your plane will land faster than you think... now, using the right amount of throttle and by lifting the nose, control your approach. once your plane is over the strip cut the throttle and let it gently go down. dont forget the landing gear...it help to smooth the laning.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Some pilots may find it helpful to lower their landing gear in aircraft with retractable gear;)

*wink*

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
That game's awesome. IMO, best flight sim. I dunno, never had probs with landing, I sat down, and it clicked. Hell, I'm so good now, I can land @ 300+ MPH!

What if you had admin rights to life?

TRENDING THREADS