Do I have to install VIA 4-IN-1 Drivers ?

G

I am planning to format my HDD and install Win2000 on my system with Asus A7V M/B. Since I originally bought this system with everything installed, I don't know whether they installed the VIA 4in1 drivers or not.

But this time, I am doing things myself. So after I install Win2000, do I need to install the VIA 4-IN-1 drivers ?

Secondly, I have a program currently running in my Win98 called Intel UltraATA Storage Driver. Do I have to install this again, and where can I find this program ?

Thanks

G

If you format it yes you have to reinstall the 4in 1 drivers. Use the most recent drivers on VIAs web. it should indicate which one is right for you. As for the other ?? but it sounds like a 2000 spec driver will be needed.

G

Also if you have ATA100 you might have a problem. Some drives have a utility that disables it. or lets you set it to 66.

G

I have and have assembled Asus A7V M/B's with IMB Deskstar ATA/100 HDD's and I have only needed to use the Asus driver versions. I have never needed to use the Intel storge drivers.

I have Win98 on my current system and have decided recently to install a fresh copy of Win2K. Before installing make sure you have the ATA/100 drivers on a floppy because Win2K will require them during the install. You can get the newest driver here http://www.asus.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/driver_ide.html

I would suggest reading some of the old posts on the A7V & Win2K install. Theres a good post on 12/02/00 Titled "Win2K+A7V's ATA100 Installation Guide".

TRENDING THREADS