[DECK] Synesios Denial + obf support

Yet another Synesios deck but slightly different in that it focuses on
denial.

Denial Module

Bleeding the Vine
3 Sudden Reversal
2 Direct Intervention
7 Rewind Time

Decent Bloat - i will play this for the first time tonight. I'm kinda
iffy about the combat module which is mostly defence. We'll see how it
fares...

Thoughts?

Name: Enchant, Entrance, Entrench
Crypt: [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 8 average: 4.84

4x Synesios 8 POT PRE TEM obf ser 2 votes True Bruj:2
1x Grendel the Worm-E 5 OBF ani pot Nosferatu:1
1x Agrippina 4 OBF pot Nosferatu:1
1x Tansu Bekir 4 OBF cel Assamite:2
1x Duck 3 obf pot Nosferatu:1
1x Regilio, The Seeke 3 aus obf Nosferatu:2
1x Watenda 3 obf Malkavian:2
1x Dimple 2 obf Nosferatu:1
1x Normal 2 obf Malkavian:1

Library [90 cards]

Action [12]
6x Clotho's Gift
2x Enchant Kindred
1x Entrancement
1x Entrenching
2x Kiss of Lachesis

Action Modifier [18]
10x Domain of Evernight
2x Elder Impersonation
4x Faceless Night
2x Spying Mission

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
4x Swallowed by the Night

Combat [10]
2x Disguised Weapon
3x Gemini's Mirror
4x Lapse
1x Majesty

Equipment [11]
4x Assault Rifle
4x Cooler
1x Ivory Bow
2x Leather Jacket

Master [21]
1x Bleeding the Vine
5x Blood Doll
2x Direct Intervention
1x Giant's Blood
2x Golconda: Inner Peace
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Labyrinth, The
3x Obfuscate
1x Slum Hunting Ground
3x Sudden Reversal
1x Tabriz Assembly

Reaction [12]
2x Delaying Tactics
7x Rewind Time
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer [2]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Tasha Morgan
Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Wed Feb 02 12:57:15 2005]

>Yet another Synesios deck but slightly different in that it ­focuses
on
>denial.
>

>Denial Module
>

>Bleeding the Vine
>3 Sudden Reversal
>2 Direct Intervention
>7 Rewind Time

What are you planning on cancelling from your prey/pred, bloat actions
and masters only or just whatever happens to take offense at the time?

I found that when trying to cancel rush and bloat actions/masters only
I needed a much heavier denial module. I ran 11 Rewind Time, 7 DI, 4
Bleeding the Vine and 6 Suddens. However I guess you dont need to be so
concerned about rush actions, as you have a decent weenie chump block
thing going on there.

I was using anson as well so that made silly master #'s a lot easier.

>Reaction [12]
>2x Delaying Tactics

Im not sure that more rewind times isn't just a lot better than this,
its one more blood cost and the flexibility it offers you is well worth
that cost.

>Combat [10]
>2x Disguised Weapon
>3x Gemini's Mirror
>4x Lapse
>1x Majesty
>
>Equipment [11]
>4x Assault Rifle

Even with the kiss of lachesis this combat module seems a bit token to
me, I'd probably rather go for just a solid combat defense aspect
rather than try to hitback to much, however I guess your take gives you
a good edge on other non combat decks whereas mine would result in dead
deckspace.. be interested to see how it works out

>Decent Bloat - i will play this for the first time tonight. ­ I'm
kinda
>iffy about the combat module which is mostly defence. We'll­ see how
it
>fares...

Post back with how it goes man :O) I very nearly played my version at
the EC 2003 but a severe hangover prohibited me playing anything
requiring that much thought, but it had done quite well in friendly
games upto that point.

Bunter

Anthony.T.D.Coleman@gmail.com wrote:
> >Yet another Synesios deck but slightly different in that it
­focuses
> on
> >denial.
> >

> >Denial Module
> >

> >Bleeding the Vine
> >3 Sudden Reversal
> >2 Direct Intervention
> >7 Rewind Time
>
> What are you planning on cancelling from your prey/pred, bloat
actions
> and masters only or just whatever happens to take offense at the
time?

anything that affects my minions or bloat actions

> I found that when trying to cancel rush and bloat actions/masters
only
> I needed a much heavier denial module. I ran 11 Rewind Time, 7 DI, 4
> Bleeding the Vine and 6 Suddens. However I guess you dont need to be
so
> concerned about rush actions, as you have a decent weenie chump block
> thing going on there.

the weenies did take much of the hits yes, but you are absolutely
correct in that i totally needed a much heavier denial module. i think
your mnodule is about right although the pool needed to maintain the
bleeding the vines, DI's, etc. might be a burden pretty quickly

> I was using anson as well so that made silly master #'s a lot easier.
>
> >Reaction [12]
> >2x Delaying Tactics
>
> Im not sure that more rewind times isn't just a lot better than this,
> its one more blood cost and the flexibility it offers you is well
worth
> that cost.

the delaying tactics helped out so much on a vote to burn the True
Brujah Master card. it's just another denial card.

> >Combat [10]
> >2x Disguised Weapon
> >3x Gemini's Mirror
> >4x Lapse
> >1x Majesty
> >
> >Equipment [11]
> >4x Assault Rifle
>
> Even with the kiss of lachesis this combat module seems a bit token
> me, I'd probably rather go for just a solid combat defense aspect
> rather than try to hitback to much, however I guess your take gives
you
> a good edge on other non combat decks whereas mine would result in
dead
> deckspace.. be interested to see how it works out

it worked quite well against non combat and was pretty feared by the
end of the game - i had 2 assault rifles out - had the ivory bow action
blocked on teh second turn of the game - didn't come across much
dedicated combat in the 2 games i played it

> >Decent Bloat - i will play this for the first time tonight. ­ I'm
> kinda
> >iffy about the combat module which is mostly defence. We'll­ see
how
> it
> >fares...
>
> Post back with how it goes man :O) I very nearly played my version at
> the EC 2003 but a severe hangover prohibited me playing anything
> requiring that much thought, but it had done quite well in friendly
> games upto that point.

It fared ok for its first time out - i would change the denial to
reflect your module but i'm still in the air about the combat module -
i'll test it against combat and update you.

One comment about the deck in general - it's not terrifying to see on
the table - seems more annoying than anything, but only to my pred/prey
thank god - that can be both good and bad. i'd like it to have more
surprise kills - i put in a form of corruption (that could backfire
though)
take care,

jds