Dim 2400 Video Card Problem

does anyone have a problem with Dell Dimension 2400 integrated video
card? i've tried to install windows xp with sp2 but the video
wouldn't work. i kept getting blank screen.

i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but i can't get it to work.
any idea as to why? i think it's related to this file ialmdev5.dll
but i'm not sure.
5 answers Last reply
More about 2400 video card problem

    what happens when you boot to safe mode?

    "lucifer" <uttechnodragon@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > does anyone have a problem with Dell Dimension 2400 integrated video
    > card? i've tried to install windows xp with sp2 but the video
    > wouldn't work. i kept getting blank screen.
    >
    > i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but i can't get it to work.
    > any idea as to why? i think it's related to this file ialmdev5.dll
    > but i'm not sure.

    i can boot to safe mode, but i can't see anything in normal mode. the
    monitor power light turns yellow thus leaving me to believe that the
    video card doesn't send any kind of signal to the monitor.

    I would guess that your refresh rate or resolution in non-safe mode is set
    to something the monitor can't handle.

    If it works in safe mode, it isn't broken.

    Tom

    >I would guess that your refresh rate or resolution in non-safe mode is set
    >to something the monitor can't handle.
    >
    > If it works in safe mode, it isn't broken.
    >
    > Tom

    I know it may sound crazy, but it may also involve his monitor driver not
    installed properly.

    Stew

    it's not a monitor driver. i've used the new driver from dell.
    however, the new driver has a bug. when i switch back to the old
    graphic driver, everything works fine.

Dell Graphics Cards Computers