Samedi Clan Newsletter: Volume 2, Issue 1

Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2005 4:30:24 PM

Samedi Clan Newsletter
by Emmit Svenson
Volume II, Issue I
January 20005

Table of Contents

I. Introduction: Back from the Dead
II. Lifestyles: Living with Inferior Thanatosis
III. Focus on Samedi: Reg Driscoll
IV. In Brief: Tough, Sneaky Midcaps
V. Focus on Thanatosis: Ashes to Ashes
VI. Focus on the Library: Regenerative Blood
VII. Deck: Smuggler's Blues
VIII. Parting Words

I. Introduction: Back from the Dead

Par pouvoir Saint Antoine de Padoue, Legba Atibon
Maitre Carrefour, Maitre Grand Bois
Maitre Grand Chemin, Legba Barriere
Legba Bois, Legba Caille
Legba Zan-clian, Legba Missebo
Legba Clairhoun'deh, Legba Cataroulo
au nom de Monsieur Avadra Bo-roi, vie, vie Legba!
--Hymn to Legba

It's been a long time since you've seen a new Samedi newsletter.
Then again, it's been a long time since you're seen a new Samedi.

That will change soon, or so I hope. The Kindred Most Wanted expansion
has cards for Red List members Dylan, Kementiri and Ossian so far, with
the promise of Valorius Maior and others to come. Can Genina, a Samedi
on the Red List, be far behind?

When she's released, I'll put out another Samedi Newsletter to
celebrate. In the meantime, here's an extra-large issue with serious
and not-so-serious advice on the care and feeding of Zombies.

- - -

II. Lifestyles: Living with Inferior Thanatosis

Do you have Inferior Thanatosis?

Does someone you love have Inferior Thanatosis?

You are not alone! Other creatures of the night like you are struggling
with the heartbreak of Inferior Thanatosis (also called Dawson's
Disease) and coming to terms with it.

Maybe you've tried to forget about Inferior Thanatosis. Maybe
you've grown used to mingling with vampires with whom you share other
disciplines , hanging out in decks that would never include a single
Thanatosis card. But your Inferior Thanatosis will NEVER GO AWAY.
Isn't it better to stop pretending, and start unliving your unlife
again?

This month we will answer questions from some of our regular readers
about their Inferior Thanatosis.

- - -

I'm a single woman living with Inferior Thanatosis. I'd like to get
out and meet more Methuselahs, but most of them treat me like the
plague. The ones that are interested are just looking for another trick
deck. I'm tired of their night moves! Isn't there a way to get them
to love me for myself? Sincerely, Social Smallpox.

Dear Social Smallpox, you're a brave woman, and any Methuselah would
be lucky to have you in his (or her! No outdated assumptions in THIS
newsletter!) ready region. We admire your determination to make the
most of your Inferior Thanatosis, especially since your other
disciplines, like ANI, CEL and POT, give you more socially accepted
combat options.

You may feel unwanted, SS, but you have something that most Samedi
would kill to have: POT. THN gives them powerful combat options, but
without a way around S:CE, Samedi are a bunch of hidden lurkers at the
fringe of vampire society. You, on the other hand, can Immortal
Grapple. That's fantastic!

Try hanging out with Samedi that are trying to pick up Potence, either
with skill cards or by getting the Hand of Conrad or the Eye of Hazimel
from their Hag's Wrinkles. While they're sorting out their Potence
issues, you can go ahead and start mixing it up with your neighbors.
The combo you'll all try for is Trap, Swallowed by the Night for
maneuvers, Immortal Grapple, Withering, and eventually Compress.
Unfortunately, with Inferior Thanatosis, your Withering strike leaves
your opponent able to play damage prevention, additional strikes,
presses and other nastiness later in the combat. Still, the reduced
hand damage from Withering will give you a chance to show off your
innate special qualities. You also have the option to play Compress as
a hand strike. When you Grapple, play Compress at the outferior for a
big three hand damage. When you don't Grapple, play it at the
inferior to inflict two aggravated damage, great for burning a vampire
in the later stages of a Trap. Don't forget plenty of Taste of Vitae
to fill back up, and consider equipping with a Leather Jacket (and
Hag's Wrinkles!) to prevent aggravated damage. You'll feel like
you've come home.

But SS, we have to be perfectly honest with you. Your problem fitting
into decks isn't so much your Inferior Thanatosis as your size, girl!
A big lady like you is going to have a lot of problems fitting in
anywhere. Good luck to you, and let us know how it goes.

- - -

I'm a busy professional woman, and I've always felt that my
Inferior Thanatosis is holding me back from my goal of burning a lot of
minions. How can I get down to business? Sincerely, Unre-spected and
Unre-garded.

Dear Unre-spected, maybe it's not your Inferior Thanatosis that's
the issue. Maybe you've simply been working with the wrong minions.
Why don't you see what Absimilliard's Army can do for you? A woman
with your Eagle's Sight could find likely ghoul customers anywhere,
and a simple Sniper Rifle will help you close the deal. That should
make your Sociopath blood rise.

But let's get back on topic. The first step towards accepting your
Inferior Thanatosis is facing the fact that IT WILL NEVER GET ANY
BETTER. Sanguine Instruction has helped others with Inferior Thanatosis
in the past, but you'll find it very difficult to find a provider. So
you're right: Thanatosis combat cards like Ashes to Ashes, Withering,
and Rigor Mortis are bound to be underperformers for you, although
inferior Compress is still an effective if expensive way for you to do
agg damage.

Still, reading between the lines, we're guessing that you're a
woman who wouldn't mind getting Vast Wealth. You're a material
girl, and the faster you get your hands on the Erebus Mask, the Bowl of
Convergence and a Leather Jacket, the happier you'll be. Well,
don't forget Hag's Wrinkles in your 20-year plan. We know you're
used to getting by on your Freak Drive, and there's no reason not to
use that card, but remember that pushing yourself too much will leave
you used up and anemic. Even though your Vast Wealth means you don't
lose the equipment when blocked, you'll need your blood for
Necromancy stealth. We wish you luck in your future enterprises.

- - -

I'm a Samedi with Inferior Thanatosis. Sometimes I feel like half a
vampire. When the other Samedi see vampires preventing my Withering
strikes with their disciplines, I just want to die all over again. I
almost never get included in decks. But my brother Lithrac has Inferior
Thanatosis too, and he's in all kinds of decks, just because he's
little and cute. It's not fair! Why should he have all the fun?
Sincerely, Jack'ed.

Dear Jack'ed, we all know how frustrating it can be to be continually
compared to a sibling. But why limit yourself to following in your
brother's footsteps when you have star quality? Look at strong,
confident Fatima, star of many decks of her own. You and she share so
much: Fortitude, Obfuscate, Celerity, Quietus, and a built-in
weapon-fetching ability. True, she has more Quietus and Celerity, but
you've got her beat on Fortitude, and she hardly ever uses her
Quietus anyway. Anything she can do, you can do. Well, except
Clandestine Contracts and restarting combat after S:CE. So let's see
her Freak Drive after being blocked.

Assuming you take our advice and try teaming with Ms. Al-Faqadi,
you'll find your Inferior Thanatosis can come in handy after all. In
a multirush deck, keeping your big guns out of torpor is job one, and
Skin of Steel may not be enough for a minion with inferior Fortitude.
Infection's outferior is more expensive, but it stops the damage from
all strikes, period, and big Taste of Vitae blood makes the cost less
significant. And if you or Fatima have a Ghoul Retainer triggerman,
Infection and Inferior Thanatosis will protect him from stray bullets.
That applies to Tariq and his Rowan Ring wielding sidekick as well, and
to the Ghouls of Plaza Murietta and to Gregory Winter.

In short, Jack'd, don't look at your Inferior Thanatosis as a
handicap. Look at it as a gift you haven't opened yet. Go ahead, open
the gift. You paid for it.

- - -

III. Focus on Samedi: Reg Driscoll

Reg Driscoll
Capacity 8
Samedi
Group 2
aus pre for OBF THN
Independent: If Reg performs a successful equip action, you may move
the equipment to any ready minion you control. +1 bleed.

Reg Driscoll's special isn't as unique as it once was. Since
Bloodlines was released, the change to Concealed Weapon and the
appearance of Nod have provided easy ways to get weapons on your
minions and swap them around. That's great, because maybe now people
will stop trying to use Reg in Hellhounds on Sport Bikes with Leather
Jackets and Brass Knuckles decks and start using him sensibly. I'm
not above mentioning some pretty marginal strategies in this newsletter
(you didn't really think Infection in a Fatima deck is a great idea,
did you?) but sooner or later someone has to tell you how to win with
these stiffs.

Reg is a bleeding marvel. (OBF +1 bleed) is rare enough; add in his
other disciplines and you're looking at one dangerous vamp. His aus
lets you play anti-bounce (Revelations), his pre gives you access to
heavy bleed actions (Legal Manipulations) and his for and THN give you
combat defense and the ability to take multiple actions.

Try him in a deck with Quira, the Bitch Queen (AUS OBF +1 bleed),
Cornelius Ottavio (AUS OBF +1 bleed), Jason, the World's Voice (for
AUS OBF +1 bleed) and Rodolpho (AUS OBF +1 bleed). They're all big
investments and they're all big bleeders. If Reg's lack of DEM
makes him feel left out, include the Winchester Mansion among the other
equipment Reg will fetch forth with Hag's Wrinkles. Also include
plenty of Life in the City to make the Mansion's drawback a
non-issue.

Alternately, pack him with Quentin King (Adv), Arika, Harrod and
Leandro in a deck that promises massive Presence stealth-bleed with
Revelations and Telepathic Misdirections to taste.

If you're using Reg for his special, you'll want to get the most
out of it using Hag's Wrinkles and Vast Wealth. When using Vast
Wealth, remember to get the equipment in your hand first for better
cycling. In a sneaky-bleedy deck, Reg can hand out Laptops, the Seal of
Vedharttha (great for him to keep if you're mixing with Ventrue or
the Baron), Flaming Candle, Changeling Skin Mask, Stolen Police
Cruisers and the Signet of King Saul. In a blocky deck, he can
distribute Sport Bikes, the Bowl of Convergence, and jackets and guns
in your preferred style.

- - -

IV. In Brief: Tough, Sneaky Midcaps

Back when Bloodlines were released, the younger Samedi were the
smallest vampires printed with fortitude and obfuscate. Well, Lithrac
is still the smallest vamp with (for OBF), but Group 3 introduced many
new tough, sneaky midcaps, including most notably:

Wolfgang (Nosferatu, 4, for obf pot)
Catherine du Bois (Ventrue, 5, for obf pre DOM)
Maria Stone (Gangrel-Antitribu, 5, cel obf pro FOR)
Alonzo Guillen (Nosferatu, 6, ani for pot OBF)
Gerard Rafin (Nosferatu, 6, ani for OBF POT)
Harry Reese (Gangrel-Antitribu, 6, cel for OBF PRO)
Sophia Watson (Gangrel, 6, obf pro ANI FOR)

That's a great improvement over the Bloodlines-era selection of
Artemis, Mark and Pieter, none of whom have either discipline at
superior. With the appearance of these vamps, the Samedi lost some of
their uniqueness, but gained a big supporting cast.

A fortitude + obfuscate crypt has the potential to take a whole lot of
actions at stealth, which means you'll want to include library cards
that give your minions action options besides hunting and bleeding. The
best action to start your turn with is Psychic Veil, which cuts down on
the total number of stealth cards you'll need on your multiple
actions. Equipment and retainers are always useful, especially +bleed
equipment and retainers. Also consider cards that give you action
options when there's nothing in your hand, like Powerbase: Montreal,
Haven Uncovered or even Cairo International Airport. Freak Drive is the
engine that makes it all work, of course. You'll also want ways to
get the blood back on your vampires after a few Freak Drives. As it
frequently is, Perfectionist is the best choice of archetype, since
multiple actions means multiple opportunities to meet the Perfectionist
requirements. Coolers are another useful addition, especially since
they'll mix well with your Samedis' Hag's Wrinkles.

- - -

V. Focus on Thanatosis: Ashes to Ashes

Ashes to Ashes
Combat
Fortitude/Thanatosis

for: Only usable by a vampire being burned; he or she is sent into
torpor instead.
thn: Prevent all damage. This vampire untaps and goes to torpor (ending
combat).
THN: As above, and this vampire gains 2 blood from the blood bank.

The best time to play Ashes to Ashes is on your own turn. You do not
want your Samedi to be a target for diablerie, Graverobbing,
Sacrificial Lamb, Vulnerability or whatever other nastiness is at the
table. Also, being untapped in torpor is of little benefit during other
Methuselahs' turns. During your turn, being untapped in torpor means
you can either rescue yourself (preferably with Rapid Healing) or be
rescued by another minion and then take another action, such as
rescuing your rescuer after your rescuer plays Force of Will.

Yes, Ashes to Ashes has great synergy with the Fortitude cards that get
your minions in and out of torpor. For example, if your Samedi bleeds
with Force of Will, your prey may well try to block. The Samedi all
have access to Obfuscate stealth and Fortitude unblockability, but for
synergy with AtA, Dawn Operation is the card you want to play. What the
heck, FoW will send you to torpor anyway, right? Assuming your opponent
does not or cannot back out of the block, give them something horrible
to worry about, like Withering or, if you've got a particularly sick
sense of humor, a Disguised Weapon Bomb or Black Gloves. The latter two
are helpful (as is Zip Gun) because they give you damage to prevent,
letting you play Ashes to Ashes even if your opponent Dodges. If S:CE
doesn't ruin all your plans, play Ashes to Ashes and enter torpor
untapped and one blood richer. (You lose a blood to the FoW damage,
remember.) Play Rapid Healing if you can, or if your deck is
particularly baroque, Regeneration. Try not to go overboard on the
frills, however. FoW/DO/AtA can be an effective bruise-and-bleed
combination, but watering it down with extras will ruin its forward
momentum.

Ashes to Ashes is also an effective way to untap after Hidden Lurker.
Again, pack a self-damaging combat option so you can play the AtA.

- - -

VI. Focus on the Library: Regenerative Blood

Regenerative Blood
Master
Samedi
Burn Option
1 Pool
Unique Master
Put this card on a Samedi you control. The Samedi with this card can
heal 2 damage for each blood counter he or she burns.

In theory, this is a great card for a deck that sees a lot of combat.
Cut the damage your vampire takes in half permanently for the cost of
just one pool! In practice, damage resolution steps are usually for an
odd amount of damage. Punches for one are terribly common, and
Regenerative Blood offers no benefit against them. It is quite useful
against guns, since the most commonly used guns, .44 Magnums, Sniper
Rifles and Assault Rifles, all inflict an even amount of damage that
gets cut in half. Unfortunately, combos that do 3 damage are common
too, like Crows + Bats at superior, and Regenerative Blood only
prevents a third of that damage. And Regenerative Blood offers no
benefit at all against aggravated damage: it only helps when healing
damage, not when preventing destruction. Unless you expect your vampire
to take four or more points of non-aggravated damage in even chunks
during your metagame's average combat, a Flak Jacket is more useful.

Still, Regenerative Blood has synergy with other cards that make it
very useful in some decks. Most notably, it combines beautifully with
Masochism. A Samedi with both cards that takes two damage gains two
rush counters and burns only one blood, turning a kind of profit. Rush
counters are useful for paying the cost of many cards you'll use with
Samedi, such as Freak Drive, Force of Will, Day Operation, Elder
Impersonation, Forgotten Labyrinth, loquipment, and of course the
Thanatosis combat cards, like Compress.

Regenerative Blood even can pay for itself without the Samedi ever
entering combat. For example, it cuts the maintenance costs of
Talbot's Chainsaw and Wendell Delburton in half. Either card is a
great way to stack up Rush counters as well.

Finally, Regenerative Blood benefits from treat-aggravated-as-normal
cards such as Skin of Night and Elemental Stoicism. If you manage to
stack Regenerative Blood, Masochism, Elemental Stoicism and Talbot's
Chainsaw on good old George Fredrick, you'll have a multirush-ready
monster that thrives on combat. The prevention on Talbot's is a great
way to deal with odd chunks of damage.

- - -

VIII. Deck: Smuggler's Blues

This straightforward deck focuses on the Samedi as the masters of
equipment. Bring out Reg Driscoll first, play Vast Wealth on him and
have him hand out gear to the obf weenies. Stealth laptop bleeds are
your ousting power. Your defense? Try to go faster than your predator.
In an environment with less permanent intercept, some of the obf cards
could be swapped for Computer Hacking.

Crypt (13 total, max 32, min 8, average 4.5):
Reg Driscoll (Sam, 8 cap, Group 2, aus pre for OBF THN, +1 bleed,
special) x 4
Lithrac (Sam, 5 cap, Group 2, for OBF thn, specials) x 1
Dan Murdock (Cai, 3 cap, Group 1, aus obf, special) x 1
Dollface (Mal, 3 cap, Group 1, aus obf) x 1
Lena Rowe (Pan, 3 cap, Group 2, aus obf pre) x 1
Regilio, the Seeker of Akhenaten (Nos, 3 cap, Group 2, aus obf) x 1
Watenda (Mal, 3 cap, Group 2, obf, special) x 1
Dimple (Nos, 2 cap, Group 2, obf) x 1
Normal (Mal, 2 cap, Group 1, obf) x 1
Basil (Pan, 1 cap, Group 2, obf) x 1

Masters (21 total):
Blood Doll x 6
Dreams of the Sphinx x 2
Giant's Blood x 1
Information Highway x 4
Life in the City x 5
Vast Wealth x 3

Actions:
Revelations x 3

Action Modifiers:
Cloak the Gathering x 10
Elder Impersonation x 5
Faceless Night x 5
Hag's Wrinkles x 6
Freak Drive x 5
Lost in Crowds x 5
Spying Mission x 5
Swallowed by the Night x 5

Equipment:
Ivory Bow x 1
Flaming Candle x 1
Flash Grenade x 5
Leather Jacket x 5
Laptop Computer x 6

Combat:
Behind You! x 4
Dust to Dust x 3

VII. Parting Words

Thank you for reading the Samedi Clan Newsletter. I hope you found it
useful or amusing or both. I'd love to see any comments and
suggestions you may have. Please post them to the
rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad newsgroup.
February 3, 2005 5:07:09 PM

haha...must say that was one of the best|amusing clannewsletter so
far...

good job...
February 4, 2005 2:25:16 AM

"denis" <inomine@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
1107468429.564672.164180@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> haha...must say that was one of the best|amusing clannewsletter so
> far...
>
> good job...

I have to concur. I died laughing and had to resurrect myself 3 times during
the first chapter alone.

You even had a few new / nice / interesting ideas there, like the Fatime /
Jack team-up I may want to try one of these nights. Maybe if they were
Anarchs, we could make better use of their for / cel with diversion, of
Jack's Nec with Friend of mine, maybe the intercept from The Mole (I'm not
very impressed by Principia Discordia) and the nice Anarch Masters. This
would have seemed pretty hard to achieve to me before Powerbase LA but now
everything is feasible !!

You almost had me believing that inf Thau could be useful, for an instant.
Which doesn't say much for the real usefulness of this discipline at inf,
but says much about your talent as a tale-teller.

Hope we get to cross bones (pirates, yayyy !) some night.

Deadly Yours,

Orpheus
February 4, 2005 3:42:42 AM

"Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1107466224.861672.27670@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...

A kick-ass newsletter.

Grats!

Tobias
Deventer
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:32:40 PM

On 3 Feb 2005 13:30:24 -0800, "Emmit Svenson"
<emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Samedi Clan Newsletter
>by Emmit Svenson
>Volume II, Issue I
>January 20005

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious work. Great and entertaining read. :D
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 3:28:37 PM

dude, i hope i do this as well (or nearly as well) as you just
did.....great laughs, and nasty ideas....
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 11:19:31 PM

Thanks to all the folks who had kind words for the Samedi Newsletter.
I'm glad newsletter readers and writers all got something out of it.

Orpheus wrote:
> Hope we get to cross bones...

Uh oh.

> ...(pirates, yayyy !) some night.

Oh, pirates. Thank god. I thought this was some bonobo thing.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 10:17:36 PM

funny and great newsletter..
jacks/fatima multirush...what a insane mind could think of that!
....nice combo...congrats for your newsletter!!!
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:29:13 PM

On 5 Feb 2005 20:19:31 -0800, "Emmit Svenson"
<emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> scrawled:

>Thanks to all the folks who had kind words for the Samedi Newsletter.
>I'm glad newsletter readers and writers all got something out of it.
>
>Orpheus wrote:
>> Hope we get to cross bones...
>
>Uh oh.
>
>> ...(pirates, yayyy !) some night.
>
>Oh, pirates. Thank god. I thought this was some bonobo thing.

pygmy chimps! dear god, why do they show those documentaries in
biology? i don't need to know furry midgets are getting more than i
am...

and, oh yeah, nice newsletter!

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:29:14 PM

> pygmy chimps! dear god, why do they show those documentaries in
> biology? i don't need to know furry midgets are getting more than i
> am...

I'm snowed in in a hostel in Istanbul and that's the funniest thing
i've heard in a long time. Thank You! :)

Chris.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 4:42:29 PM

Emmit Svenson wrote:
> The Kindred Most Wanted expansion
> has cards for Red List members Dylan, Kementiri and Ossian so far,
with
> the promise of Valorius Maior and others to come. Can Genina, a
Samedi
> on the Red List, be far behind?
>
> When she's released, I'll put out another Samedi Newsletter to
> celebrate.

The WW preview page jumped from Ravnos to Toreador. Looks like we'll
have to wait at least until the next expansion, my friends. Perhaps it
will be a Bloodlines expansion, with Angelo as well as Genina.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:20:01 PM

Emmit Svenson wrote:

> The WW preview page jumped from Ravnos to Toreador. Looks like we'll
> have to wait at least until the next expansion, my friends. Perhaps
it
> will be a Bloodlines expansion, with Angelo as well as Genina.

Perhaps the non-featured Bloodlines are lumped at the end after the
full clans - after all, there would appear to be only 41
booster-appearing vampires previewed at the point I write this out of
the rumored 50, and of the non-bloodline Clans, there's only Tor/!Tor,
Tre/!Tre, Tzim and Ven/!Ven left to cover (with one Toreador revealed.)
9 vampire cards left for 6 or 7 non-featured clans - could be 1 of
each, plus Genina and Angelo...
though sadly for your chances that wasn't the case in Gehenna with
Ferox (Adv.)

-John Flournoy
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:16:08 AM

Also, the call text for the expansion states that a few vampires from
the KMW book had their names changed to appear on the set. so we might
get Genina with a different name and another clan. (a giovanni with
THN, perhaps???). anyway, if that´s the case, i´m gonna perform the
last rites for the bloodlines expansion i wanted to see next, or at
least soon, as it would point out that we´re probably not getting
anther one of those...
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 3:12:46 PM

On 12 Feb 2005 08:16:08 -0800, "The_Baital" <subvertion@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Also, the call text for the expansion states that a few vampires from
>the KMW book had their names changed to appear on the set. so we might
>get Genina with a different name and another clan. (a giovanni with
>THN, perhaps???). anyway, if that´s the case, i´m gonna perform the
>last rites for the bloodlines expansion i wanted to see next, or at
>least soon, as it would point out that we´re probably not getting
>anther one of those...

I guess that "Some of the original 13 have been replaced with new
names" refers to actual swapping of vampires (i.e., Genina leaves the
list and vampire X is the new red lister), not just changing names.
But we'll see.

(BTW, it's the third time I see a brazilian interpreting the text that
way. Probably because we don't often use the word "name" this way in
Portuguese; we'd likely say "Some of the original 13 have been
replaced with new *vampires*").

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
now a "luminary", whatever it means:
http://www.thelasombra.com/WhosWho/fabiomacedo.htm
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:03:29 AM

John Flournoy wrote:
> ... at the point I write this out of
> the rumored 50, and of the non-bloodline Clans, there's only
Tor/!Tor,
> Tre/!Tre, Tzim and Ven/!Ven left to cover (with one Toreador
revealed.)
> 9 vampire cards left for 6 or 7 non-featured clans - could be 1 of
> each, plus Genina and Angelo...

With the revelation of Jane Sims, we're now at 53 revealed vamps total,
eight of which are starter vamps, leaving 5 booster vamps to be
revealed. One is Dylan (adv) and one is Allonzo (pronounced a-YON-zo,
?no?) Montoya. That leaves three unrevealed vamps, one of which is
probably a group 4 ventrue. So that leaves two. Which, I suppose, COULD
be Genina and Angelo. But since there were three True Brujah, three
Salubri and three Nagaraja, I suspect there will be three of Allonzo's
clan Abomination or whatever he is.

I've seldom been more eager to be wrong. :)
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:08:33 PM

Emmit Svenson wrote:
> Allonzo (pronounced a-YON-zo, ?no?) Montoya.

No.

His first name is pronounced N-E-Go.

Quote: "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare
to die."

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsbook/inigo.html
http://www.tk421.net/character/inigo.html
http://www.tamos.net/~rhay/pbride.html