To (All-in-)Wonder or not...

klasiphyd

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Okay, so here's my problem. I can't decide if I want just a Radeon 9700 Pro or an All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro. The AiW would, ofcourse, give me tv_in and video editing. On the other hand the 9700 Pro would give me dual heads for two monitors. Picking which of these has become somewhat of a problem for me as I just can't decide. I was wondering if the community would be so nice as to throw some tidbits of information or suggestions my way to maybe help me in my crisis.

As a note, my ideal card would have both the tv_in/video editing and the dual head for two monitors.. Please share your thoughts and/or suggestions on this.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hauppauge has a card with HARDWARE MPEG2 encoding. This is much more efficient than the Hardware Assisted Encoding of the AIW. In fact, if you ever decide to try Windows Media Center, it's a requirement. It's also more expensive!

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

bloaty

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002
Wont the AIW 9700pro work with a second PCI video card for the duel monitor thing?

Sex is like a card game, if you dont have a good partner you better have a good hand.

klasiphyd

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
It will work with another PCI video card (from what I read). The problem with that is I don't think I have any PCI video cards anymore. But your right, I had thought of that and then totally forgot about it.

In that case any suggestions on video cards that co-exist sweetly with the AiW 9700Pro (or does it really matter since it's for 2D stuff anyway)?

goatcheese

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2003
I have a PCI ATI All-In-Wonder 128 that would perhaps be a good match. Then you'll have the "wonder" and the "dual". And it has the audio/video breakout box as well.

Let me know if you are interested. I'm using the card right now (on this PC), but I could see parting with it for the right price.