File Sharing Woes - MN-820

Hi,

I have a deskptop with Win XP Pro on which i have shared
the files and printer (simple files sharing). I have a
work laptop (win 2000 Pro) configured to work on a domain
(XYZ),wireless card (MN720) with soft firewall.

I can access the internet from both machines. From the
laptop can see the desktop in network devices list but
not vice versa i am guessing because of domain-workgroup.

I am not able to access the files on the desktop i get
the error "\\pc-name is not accessible. There are
currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request". Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about file sharing woes

    General networking questions should be posted in a regular networking
    newsgroup, preferably by operating system, like
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web or
    microsoft.public.win2000.networking. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's
    Broadband Networking hardware and software only.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Andy G" <andy_garg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a deskptop with Win XP Pro on which i have shared
    > the files and printer (simple files sharing). I have a
    > work laptop (win 2000 Pro) configured to work on a domain
    > (XYZ),wireless card (MN720) with soft firewall.
    >
    > I can access the internet from both machines. From the
    > laptop can see the desktop in network devices list but
    > not vice versa i am guessing because of domain-workgroup.
    >
    > I am not able to access the files on the desktop i get
    > the error "\\pc-name is not accessible. There are
    > currently no logon servers available to service the logon
    > request". Please help.

Routers File Sharing Networking