File Sharing Woes - MN-820

Last response: in Networking
February 13, 2005 4:21:32 PM

Hi,

I have a deskptop with Win XP Pro on which i have shared
the files and printer (simple files sharing). I have a
work laptop (win 2000 Pro) configured to work on a domain
(XYZ),wireless card (MN720) with soft firewall.

I can access the internet from both machines. From the
laptop can see the desktop in network devices list but
not vice versa i am guessing because of domain-workgroup.

I am not able to access the files on the desktop i get
the error "\\pc-name is not accessible. There are
currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request". Please help.

More about : file sharing woes 820

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 5:24:59 PM

General networking questions should be posted in a regular networking
newsgroup, preferably by operating system, like
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web or
microsoft.public.win2000.networking. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's
Broadband Networking hardware and software only.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

!