Group 5... when?

So when do we think this new group will come out? Two expansions from
now? Three expansions from now? ANy guesses?

In message <1107646596.074115.151870@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Screaming Vermillian <vermillian69@yahoo.com> writes:
>So when do we think this new group will come out? Two expansions from
>now? Three expansions from now? ANy guesses?

Depends.

For instance, LSJ has said (somewhat tongue in cheek, I feel[0]) that
he'd like to see advanced copies of every vampire in the game.

A group 3/4 Camarilla expansion that had, say, 5-6 group 4 Camarilla
vampires[1], along with advanced versions of a bunch of the Camarilla
Edition could be plausible.

Similarly, there'd be nothing technically stopping a "Sabbat War
Revisited" expansion, where every vampire was an advanced version of a
Sabbat War vampire. Not that I think such is going to happen, nor would
it be easy to market, but the point remains that Advanced versions of
vampires could significantly slow down the introduction of "new"
vampires who can all come out at once, due to the limitations of the
Advancement mechanism.

Certainly, in the same chat, Steve Wieck said we were going to see more
Group 1 Advanced vampires.[2] Which, again, could slow things down.

Of course, it doesn't have to, and it depends what they want to bring to
market. But if they want to slow such things down, there's a lot of
scope to do so.

[0] http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/chat/20040518.html

L. Scott Johnson (May 18, 2004 6:33:04 PM)
I'm for advancing them until every vampire is advanced. :)

[1] Since there are two group 4 Brujah currently, according to Monger,
plus one advanced in KMW, this would put things at about the same total
as 1/2 (15 group 1 Brujah, 9 group 2 + Advanced Theo).

[2] Chopper Dan (May 18, 2004 6:32:44 PM)
Are there plans for more Advanced versions of Group 1 vampires?

Steve Wieck (May 18, 2004 6:32:54 PM)
Yes

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

"James Coupe" <james@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message

> Similarly, there'd be nothing technically stopping a "Sabbat War
> Revisited" expansion, where every vampire was an advanced version of a
> Sabbat War vampire. Not that I think such is going to happen, nor would
> it be easy to market, but the point remains that Advanced versions of
> vampires could significantly slow down the introduction of "new"
> vampires who can all come out at once, due to the limitations of the
> Advancement mechanism.

I don't know... I would quite like to see an expansion that was mostly
advanced versions of older vampires. I'd like to see that before we see G5
vampires.

--
Colin "Eryx" Goodman
Cambridge UK

In message <0yeNd.647$So3.212@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>, Colin Goodman
<colin.goodman2@ntlworld.com> writes:
>I don't know... I would quite like to see an expansion that was mostly
>advanced versions of older vampires. I'd like to see that before we see G5
>vampires.

Oh, I think it could have some mileage.

Advanced vampires in large numbers do have difficulties, though. If
you're not providing cool new discipline combos (adding Protean to
Arika, adding Dementation to Gratiano) then you lose some sales. And
not all Advanced vampires have had better discipline combos. Theo Bell
does, for instance, Ferox has the same disciplines, Marcus Vitel gets an
addition. And so on. So some do, some don't.

But if players can just use their existing vampires, they're not going
to buy more. On the flip-side, if all the vampires are different and
cool, it gets hard to invent useful new configurations of old vampires
without going insane. Of course, Advancement means you can't have both
copies out at once, but even so, maintaining sensible card balance isn't
insignificant.

Still, I'd like to see some re-exploration of old sets with Advanced
vampires quite a bit. A clutch of Group 1 advanced vampires, with cool
merged options making it actually worthwhile playing (say) some of the
poorer old vampires (so you can merge them), would be interesting,
especially now the 10th Anniversary tin brings a lot of them back into
circulation.