Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[spoiler] Lotus Noir KMW

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:49:39 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Courtesy of Lotus Noir and cut/paste from the UK VTES site and may I say my
word !! some classy (and powerful) cards coming out in KMW for sure :

>>>>>>>>>>>

Khabar : Glory
Action Assamite
+ 1 stealth action.Unique
Not usable if any non-mandatory actions have been performed this turn. Put
this card on this acting Assamite and untap this acting Assamite. This
Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey is ousted while this card is in play,
you gain an additionnal 4 pool. Burn this card during your next untap phase

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Heart of the City
Action. 2 blood
+1 stealth action

pre: Put this card on the acting vampire. THis vampire gets +1 bleed; A
vampire may have only one Heart of the City

PRE As above, but this vampire gets +2 bleed

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Name Forgotten
Action

tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with this
card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for other
vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game as
well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).

THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anarch Secession
Action
+1 stealth
Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become Anarch
(and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes the baron of
the same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot
block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if the vampire changes sect.

More about : spoiler lotus noir kmw

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Rob Treasure wrote:
>
> Khabar : Glory
> Action Assamite
> + 1 stealth action.Unique
> Not usable if any non-mandatory actions have been performed this
turn. Put
> this card on this acting Assamite and untap this acting Assamite.
This
> Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey is ousted while this card is in
play,
> you gain an additionnal 4 pool. Burn this card during your next untap
phase

Ur-Shulgi *LOVES* this card. Kalinda too. ;) 

Khabar: Glory
Flurry of Action or Govern the Unaligned
(various Deed/Stealth stuff, Conditioning)
Bounce your predator's big bleed.

VERY nice.
February 7, 2005 11:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Rob Treasure wrote:
> Anarch Secession
> Action
> +1 stealth
> Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
> Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become
> Anarch (and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes
> the baron of the same city as his or her previous title. Minion
> without titles cannot block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if
> the vampire changes sect.

the text seems a bit dodgy:
it requires a titled vampire and then: 'If he or she had a title...'
it would make more sense if it was: 'If he or she was a prince or an
archbishop...'

let's hope that the official version is a bit more sensible...
otherwise some rulings and/or errata will be inevitable.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

[weeping tears of joy]
So happy. So very happy. I'm off to spend some time with Monger,
looking at vamps I've never considered before...

If only it weren't rare. I'm going to have to trade for this like a
mad fiend.

By the way, an interesting side note on this is that if The Baron
becomes Anarch (keeping his non-sect title), he only gets one vote in
referenda to burn Fee Stakes, as he does not have an Anarch title. Not
a big deal, just an interesting effect.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago
February 7, 2005 11:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

ah, makes much more sense now...
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Orpheus, why would the Baron keep his 2 votes?
February 7, 2005 11:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

all independent vampires with titles will keep their titles.

anarchy does not cause titled vampires to loose their title, it's the
change of sect to independent that supresses the sabbat/camarilla
titles.

the baron (and other titled independents) do not change sect when going
anarch, and would even keep their titles if they were to change sect.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 12:47:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

volya42@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<1107778668.946837.101530@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> [weeping tears of joy]
> So happy. So very happy. I'm off to spend some time with Monger,
> looking at vamps I've never considered before...
> If only it weren't rare. I'm going to have to trade for this like a
> mad fiend.
> By the way, an interesting side note on this is that if The Baron
> becomes Anarch (keeping his non-sect title), he only gets one vote in
> referenda to burn Fee Stakes, as he does not have an Anarch title. Not
> a big deal, just an interesting effect.
> Eric Simon
> Prince of Chicago

Let me join you in this reverie.

I can't express how happy I am.

And note that now the Anarchs have the support of a bunch of group 1/2
vampires with good discipline spread but had pesky Primogen/Bishop
titles.
Heck, maybe even Appolonius could be put to some use now. Have to
check...

best,

Fabio Sooner
VTES NC for Brazil
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 1:43:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Rob Treasure wrote:
>
> The Name Forgotten
> Action
>
> tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with
this
> card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
> Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for
other
> vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game
as
> well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
>
> THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.
>

So...if this is on a red list vamp, and that vamp were to burn but
instead triggers the Name's 'remove from game instead' clause, would
there be any trophies rewarded?

G
February 7, 2005 2:11:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Rob Treasure" <robtreasure'remove'@ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: DYFNd.131$Db1.33@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
> Courtesy of Lotus Noir and cut/paste from the UK VTES site and may I say
my
> word !! some classy (and powerful) cards coming out in KMW for sure :

Thanks Rob !! Another treasure you robbed for us. ;-)

> >>>>>>>>>>>
>
> Khabar : Glory
> Action Assamite
> + 1 stealth action.Unique
> Not usable if any non-mandatory actions have been performed this turn. Put
> this card on this acting Assamite and untap this acting Assamite. This
> Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey is ousted while this card is in play,
> you gain an additionnal 4 pool. Burn this card during your next untap
phase

Yes, nice. Requires heavy planning, though. Storage Annex, Gear Up anyone ?!

> Heart of the City
> Action. 2 blood
> +1 stealth action
>
> pre: Put this card on the acting vampire. THis vampire gets +1 bleed; A
> vampire may have only one Heart of the City
>
> PRE As above, but this vampire gets +2 bleed

A Pulse of the Canaille variant. Why not... More powerful I'd say, as the
inf Pulse is seldom used, and the sup is the same but more expensive.

> The Name Forgotten
> Action
>
> tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with this
> card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
> Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for
other
> vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game as
> well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
>
> THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.

At first I wondered what the interest was (just woke up). Oh, yeah, it's an
"anti" card !! Nice if you really need it. Depends on the mythogame, I guess
?

> Anarch Secession
> Action
> +1 stealth
> Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
> Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become Anarch
> (and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes the baron
of
> the same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot
> block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if the vampire changes sect.

AT LAST !!! Been asking for it a long time...

LSJ :

- we know that 1 or 2 votes = Titled ; if the indie Titled just had 1 or 2
votes, how do you choose his Barony ?
- If he had 1 vote, he gains one as well as if he had 2 ?

Tom don't worry : Arika as a Baron would only lose 2 votes, the ability to
play Protect etc. and gain the ability to burn by PTO. Not worth going
Anarch IMHO. But I'd love to do it as a theme deck !! ;-)

Thanks LSJ and team. These look like (mostly) useful cards.
--
Orpheus

--------------------------------
"Zane, Zane, Zane / Lalala Fashion Bip Bip / Oh ! By Jingo"

David Bowie, greatest rock lyricist of all times
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:29:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Orpheus wrote:
>>Anarch Secession
>>Action
>>+1 stealth
>>Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
>>Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become Anarch
>>(and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes the baron
>
> of
>
>>the same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot
>>block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if the vampire changes sect.
>
>
> AT LAST !!! Been asking for it a long time...
>
> LSJ :
>
> - we know that 1 or 2 votes = Titled ; if the indie Titled just had 1 or 2
> votes, how do you choose his Barony ?
> - If he had 1 vote, he gains one as well as if he had 2 ?

The preview in LN was either a pre-proof version, or was transcribed incorrectly
for this thread (given the spelling and capitalization issues, I'd guess the
latter). The actual text is:

+1 stealth action. Requires a ready, non-anarch, titled vampire.
Put an anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire becomes anarch (and
Independent). If he or she had a city title, he or she becomes the baron of the
same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot block this
action. Burn the anarch counter if this vampire changes sects.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
February 7, 2005 3:10:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<demon@hell.is> a écrit dans le message de news:
1107774245.903039.164610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Rob Treasure wrote:
> > Anarch Secession
> > Action
> > +1 stealth
> > Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
> > Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become
> > Anarch (and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes
> > the baron of the same city as his or her previous title. Minion
> > without titles cannot block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if
> > the vampire changes sect.
>
> the text seems a bit dodgy:
> it requires a titled vampire and then: 'If he or she had a title...'
> it would make more sense if it was: 'If he or she was a prince or an
> archbishop...'
>
> let's hope that the official version is a bit more sensible...
> otherwise some rulings and/or errata will be inevitable.

And what if...

Same City = No City. In this case : the Baron isn't Baron but has 2 votes,
as would Synesios, Ambrogino would keep 1 vote, and Arika lose all. Logical
?

Orpheus, logical Necromonger.
February 7, 2005 3:34:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> The preview in LN was either a pre-proof version, or was transcribed
incorrectly
> for this thread (given the spelling and capitalization issues, I'd guess
the
> latter). The actual text is:
>
> +1 stealth action. Requires a ready, non-anarch, titled vampire.
> Put an anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire becomes anarch
(and
> Independent). If he or she had a city title, he or she becomes the baron
of the
> same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot
block this
> action. Burn the anarch counter if this vampire changes sects.

Vellllly nice !!

So :

- Anson becomes Baron of Seattle
- The Baron keeps his 2 Indie Votes
- Arika goes to f... herself : down to 0 vote.

Right ?

Thanx for that... Hope there's more where it comes from.

Orpheus, Necromonger
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:15:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"LSJ" wrote

> The preview in LN was either a pre-proof version, or was transcribed
> incorrectly
> for this thread (given the spelling and capitalization issues, I'd guess
> the latter). The actual text is:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger - I can't help it if the French can't spell
:o ) MY spellcheck works just fine thanks.

J/K btw before it all goes off.
February 7, 2005 4:21:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

<volya42@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1107778668.946837.101530@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> [weeping tears of joy]
> So happy. So very happy. I'm off to spend some time with Monger,
> looking at vamps I've never considered before...
>
> If only it weren't rare. I'm going to have to trade for this like a
> mad fiend.
>
> Eric Simon
> Prince of Chicago

I knew you'd love it Simon !! ;-)

BTW, I gotta tweak a little more an Anarch deck of mine and I'll post it. I
didn't get much VPs as of now (not much luck, played like a tired ass...)
but all the players who saw it in effect liked the principle. Nuff said.
;-)

And soon I'll prove that the Samedi Anarchs can Wall up !!

---------------
Orpheus, Anarch Necromonger
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks. Kinda neat really. A way of
saying "No trophies for you!" and making red list targets less
attractive, say like, your own vamp.

G
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:00:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"talonz" <talonz51@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:1107801812.643409.14360@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> Rob Treasure wrote:
> >
> > The Name Forgotten
> > Action
> >
> > tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with
> this
> > card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
> > Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for
> other
> > vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game
> as
> > well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
> >
> > THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.
> >
>
> So...if this is on a red list vamp, and that vamp were to burn but
> instead triggers the Name's 'remove from game instead' clause, would
> there be any trophies rewarded?


No. Being Removed From the Game isn't burning.

(Hard to collect payment for eliminating someone no one remembers,
anyhow, right?)

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:22:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
> Orpheus, why would the Baron keep his 2 votes?
>

I'm not Orpheus but from what LSJ wrote the card doesn't say he should
lose them. So why would he lose them?

Frede
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:29:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Rob Treasure wrote:

> Courtesy of Lotus Noir and cut/paste from the UK VTES site and may I say my
> word !! some classy (and powerful) cards coming out in KMW for sure :
>
>
>
> Khabar : Glory
> Action Assamite
> + 1 stealth action.Unique
> Not usable if any non-mandatory actions have been performed this turn. Put
> this card on this acting Assamite and untap this acting Assamite. This
> Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey is ousted while this card is in play,
> you gain an additionnal 4 pool. Burn this card during your next untap phase
>

Very cool!

>
> Heart of the City
> Action. 2 blood
> +1 stealth action
>
> pre: Put this card on the acting vampire. THis vampire gets +1 bleed; A
> vampire may have only one Heart of the City
>
> PRE As above, but this vampire gets +2 bleed

Uhm. I don't really see why Presence bleed needs a boost like this but
otoh it is a small matter wether Arika bleeds for 8 or 10 I suppose.

> The Name Forgotten
> Action
>
> tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with this
> card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
> Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for other
> vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game as
> well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
>
> THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.

Hehe. Poor Anson. It is a cool card but I'm not sure how much play it
will see.

> Anarch Secession
> Action
> +1 stealth
> Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
> Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become Anarch
> (and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes the baron of
> the same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot
> block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if the vampire changes sect.

Wow. That opens up for a LOT of new decks. Unfortunaly it appears to be
a rare.

Frede
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:29:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

FC <fc@kemi.dtu.dk> wrote:
: Rob Treasure wrote:
:> The Name Forgotten
:> Action
:>
:> tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with this
:> card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
:> Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for other
:> vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game as
:> well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
:>
:> THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.

: Hehe. Poor Anson. It is a cool card but I'm not sure how much play it
: will see.

Hosers are a bit tricky. First, this one does nasty things to "Anson
and all-Masters" decks which are a pain to counter otherwise. Second, it
kills turbo decks - so long Arikas, Tariqs etc. Third, it can do nasty
things to decks with strong modules built around say, Matthias or
Synesios.

Easy to see this one as a support card in a number of decks, and
especially in tournaments as a safeguard against especially those pesky
Anson decks.

//T
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:38:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Teemu T Vilen" <tvilen@cc.helsinki.fi> schreef in bericht
news:cu7str$4di$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi...
> FC <fc@kemi.dtu.dk> wrote:
> : Rob Treasure wrote:
> :> The Name Forgotten
> :> Action
> :>
> :> tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with
> this
> :> card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
> :> Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for
> other
> :> vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game as
> :> well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
> :>
> :> THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.
>
> : Hehe. Poor Anson. It is a cool card but I'm not sure how much play it
> : will see.
>
> Hosers are a bit tricky. First, this one does nasty things to "Anson
> and all-Masters" decks which are a pain to counter otherwise. Second, it
> kills turbo decks - so long Arikas, Tariqs etc. Third, it can do nasty
> things to decks with strong modules built around say, Matthias or
> Synesios.
>
> Easy to see this one as a support card in a number of decks, and
> especially in tournaments as a safeguard against especially those pesky
> Anson decks.
>
Problem is that you have to burn the vampire first. if you do this action
against Anson, you have to burn him in the same turn. If the card text is
right, Golconda does not start the effect of The name forgotten, because it
doesn't burn the vampire. And we all know how much Golconda the Anson
master deck packs.

Problems I see with this card:
1. It can completely destroy all decks based on one vampire. it 's a hoser.
Most decks don't have room for hosers. Ok, it hoses a lot of different
kinds of decks, but is not usefull in every game.
2. against anson decks it will sit in you hand untill you got both the rush
and the combat hand to burn Anson.
3. most combat is not aiming to burn vampires. just put them in torpor. So
you'll have to risk another minion for diablerie. and diablerise
succesfully too. most combat decks don't have a lot of stealth...

Jeroen
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:09:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Jeroen Rombouts <jeroen.rombouts@nospampandora.be> wrote:
: Problem is that you have to burn the vampire first. if you do this action
: against Anson, you have to burn him in the same turn. If the card text is
: right, Golconda does not start the effect of The name forgotten, because it
: doesn't burn the vampire. And we all know how much Golconda the Anson
: master deck packs.

Duh. Quite right about Golconda. Well, it would've been too easy that
way, I guess.

: Problems I see with this card:
: 1. It can completely destroy all decks based on one vampire. it 's a hoser.
: Most decks don't have room for hosers. Ok, it hoses a lot of different
: kinds of decks, but is not usefull in every game.

And most decks don't have that or THA, for that matter. Even so, if
you're metagame has a lot of turbo or all Masters decks, you at least
now do have one more card to try and use against them. I should think
our tournaments will see a few of these used, considering how many times
Anson + all Masters decks have won tournaments around here.

: 2. against anson decks it will sit in you hand untill you got both the rush
: and the combat hand to burn Anson.

Well, it's not much use unless you're playing a decks that can burn
Vampires, now is it? :)  And, considering the Golconda decks, you wont
get too many shots at the Vampire about to be forgotten, before it finds
the inner peace. So yes, slapping the card on a Vampire wont alone make
you happy. However, sacrificing a 1-3 cap to diab an Anson in torpor with
Name Forgotten on him should be quite worth it.

: 3. most combat is not aiming to burn vampires. just put them in torpor. So
: you'll have to risk another minion for diablerie. and diablerise
: succesfully too. most combat decks don't have a lot of stealth...

Anson in torpor with Name Forgotten on him.. If someone on the table
doesn't have that 1-2 cap to sacrifice, I'd be surprised :) 

Will see how it goes. It's not an ultimate hosers, but it seems useful
against decks that you had little hosers against before. Not easy to
pull through (stealth to get the action through, enough combat before
Golconda to get through Obediences and combat defense), and either
combat burn or diab.

Or, you could just add some to go with Baltimore Purges and the like.

I quite, quite like it :) 

//T
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:25:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
> Orpheus, why would the Baron keep his 2 votes?

I'm not Orpheus, but why wouldn't he?
He doesn't change sects and card text doesn't say that he loses his
title, so it stays. Arika & co. do change from Cam/Sabbat to Indep when
playing the card and therefore they lose their title (or become Baron if
Prince/Archbishop), but not so for indies with inherent votes.

--CV
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:30:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:49:39 GMT, Rob Treasure
<robtreasure'remove'@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Khabar : Glory
> Action Assamite
> + 1 stealth action.Unique
> Not usable if any non-mandatory actions have been performed this turn.
> Put
> this card on this acting Assamite and untap this acting Assamite. This
> Assamite gets +1 bleed. If your prey is ousted while this card is in
> play,
> you gain an additionnal 4 pool. Burn this card during your next untap
> phase

Not bad. I'm not sure the Assamites can be helped even through drastic
measures like this, but the attempt is definitely admirable. Cool.

> Heart of the City
> Action. 2 blood
> +1 stealth action
>
> pre: Put this card on the acting vampire. THis vampire gets +1 bleed; A
> vampire may have only one Heart of the City
>
> PRE As above, but this vampire gets +2 bleed

Yeah, now we only need a dominate card that gives +4 bleed at superior.
Uncool.

> The Name Forgotten
> Action
>
> tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with
> this
> card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and all
> Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions for
> other
> vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from the game as
> well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
>
> THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.

Too bad Golconda removes you from the game. Semi-cool.

> Anarch Secession
> Action
> +1 stealth
> Requires a ready, non anarch, titled vampire
> Put an Anarch counter on this acting vampire. This vampire become Anarch
> (and Independant). If he or she had a title, he or she becomes the baron
> of
> the same city as his or her previous title. Minions without titles cannot
> block this action. Burn the Anarch counter if the vampire changes sect.

Well done. Cool.

--
Bye,

Daneel
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 8:55:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Synesios <fabio.sooner@gmail.com> wrote:
: volya42@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<1107778668.946837.101530@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
:> By the way, an interesting side note on this is that if The Baron
:> becomes Anarch (keeping his non-sect title), he only gets one vote in
:> referenda to burn Fee Stakes, as he does not have an Anarch title. Not
:> a big deal, just an interesting effect.
: I can't express how happy I am.

And it's a bloody rare. Granted, you wont need too many of them, but
still.

: And note that now the Anarchs have the support of a bunch of group 1/2
: vampires with good discipline spread but had pesky Primogen/Bishop
: titles.

Oh yeah. I quite like making the ol' Jyhad titled Vamps anarchable.
Backward compatibility is always good. Now, I'd just like to see the
revision of the grouping rule..

//T
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 10:00:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

[snipped]

> Heck, maybe even Appolonius could be put to some use now. Have to
> check...

honestly, Appolonius is far from salvation. Perhaps a great ADV version with
a cool merge skill would ever make him usefull

Compare it to Brachah. Ok, lacks it's über and unique text (press and +1
bleed) and a really usefull title like primogen. But really, 5 more pool for
inf. pot and that text... Better get brachah and buy her the eye of hazimel.

>
> best,
>
> Fabio Sooner
> VTES NC for Brazil
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 10:13:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

talonz wrote:
> Yeah that's what I thought, thanks. Kinda neat really. A way of
> saying "No trophies for you!" and making red list targets less
> attractive, say like, your own vamp.

Yeah, you go with that. And don't let your predator's mad giggling make
you think any less of your plan.

--Colin McGuigan
February 7, 2005 10:23:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"FC" <fc@kemi.dtu.dk> a écrit dans le message de news:
cu7poo$mmc$1@news.net.uni-c.dk...
> adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
> > Orpheus, why would the Baron keep his 2 votes?
> >
>
> I'm not Orpheus but from what LSJ wrote the card doesn't say he should
> lose them. So why would he lose them?

"The Cadaverous Verger" <cadaverous.verger@REMOVETHISpriest.com> a écrit
dans le message de news: cu7q81$vbd$1@bowmore.utu.fi...
> adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
> > Orpheus, why would the Baron keep his 2 votes?
>
> I'm not Orpheus, but why wouldn't he?

I'm so surprised that so many people aren't me ! How do you do it ? I know I
couldn't... ;) 

----------
Orpheus, the only true copyrighted one (WW still owes me money about that
game...)
February 7, 2005 10:26:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Rob Treasure" <robtreasure'remove'@ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: VRJNd.296$Db1.77@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
> "LSJ" wrote
>
> > The preview in LN was either a pre-proof version, or was transcribed
> > incorrectly
> > for this thread (given the spelling and capitalization issues, I'd guess
> > the latter). The actual text is:
>
> Hey, don't shoot the messenger - I can't help it if the French can't spell
> :o ) MY spellcheck works just fine thanks.

Does it ?

What translator did you use ?

I'll have to put you through a few necro-experiments next time we meet, to
see exactly what you got inside you...
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:56:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

In message <1107801812.643409.14360@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
talonz <talonz51@yahoo.ca> writes:
>Rob Treasure wrote:
>> The Name Forgotten
>>Action
>>tha : (D) Put this card on a ready unique vampire.If the vampire with
>>this card is burned, he or she is removed from the game instead, and
>>all Methuselah search their crypts, ash heap and uncontrolled regions
>>for other vampires with the same name. Thes vampires are removed from
>>the game as well. (Shuffle all crypts afterward).
>>THA As above, but the action is at +1 stealth.
>>
>
>So...if this is on a red list vamp, and that vamp were to burn but
>instead triggers the Name's 'remove from game instead' clause, would
>there be any trophies rewarded?

From the rule as presented on the website, no.

The Red List vampire didn't burn (they're "removed... instead"), so the
rule doesn't trigger.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 look at internet pictures of men's cocks all day?"
13D7E668C3695D623D5D -- www.livejournal.com/users/scarletdemon/
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 1:46:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> And note that now the Anarchs have the support of a bunch of group
1/2
> vampires with good discipline spread but had pesky Primogen/Bishop
> titles.

Not only that... Pug Jackson can now become an anarch!!
The reason this is important isn't just because he has CEL and for and
can thus smack people around and prevent with Diversion... it's because
this vampire was laughably placed in the Anarch Gangs starter deck, in
fact he was even *on the front cover of the deck*, and yet he could not
become an anarch because of his primogen title!! Ridiculous.
Unless of course you get Pug to upgrade himself to Prince via a Praxis
Seizure, and then get one of your guys to play a Command of the Harpies
on him to make him lose his prince title... then he could have become
an anarch... hahaha.

Now there's an easy way to get many of the good titled vamps to become
anarchs... good stuff. So many good titled mid-cap vampires, like
Carna, can now be included in anarch decks. But I guess you better have
stealth somehow...
Lazverinus joining his !Ventrue anarch brothers, hehe...
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 8:09:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Dasein wrote:
> > And note that now the Anarchs have the support of a bunch of group
> 1/2
> > vampires with good discipline spread but had pesky Primogen/Bishop
> > titles.
>
> Not only that... Pug Jackson can now become an anarch!!
> The reason this is important isn't just because he has CEL and for
and
> can thus smack people around and prevent with Diversion... it's
because
> this vampire was laughably placed in the Anarch Gangs starter deck,
in
> fact he was even *on the front cover of the deck*, and yet he could
not
> become an anarch because of his primogen title!! Ridiculous.
> Unless of course you get Pug to upgrade himself to Prince via a
Praxis
> Seizure, and then get one of your guys to play a Command of the
Harpies
> on him to make him lose his prince title... then he could have become
> an anarch... hahaha.

Or you could play... Into the Fire?

> Now there's an easy way to get many of the good titled vamps to
become
> anarchs... good stuff. So many good titled mid-cap vampires, like
> Carna, can now be included in anarch decks. But I guess you better
have
> stealth somehow...
> Lazverinus joining his !Ventrue anarch brothers, hehe...

Somehow I think Out of the Frying Pan/Into the Fire will be better for
decks that don't include princes/archbishops (not being blockable for
one). I like the card, but it's rare, and counting on getting it and
not being blocked seems rather foolish.

John
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 11:47:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> Now there's an easy way to get many of the good titled vamps to become
> anarchs... good stuff. So many good titled mid-cap vampires, like
> Carna, can now be included in anarch decks. But I guess you better have
> stealth somehow...
> Lazverinus joining his !Ventrue anarch brothers, hehe...
>

I could I last try (and realize what bad decks they are :-P ):

Villon calling Free states rant using smoke and mirrors...

Volker, Rake and anvil joining the ranks of my brujah debate/anarchist
deck...

Blackwood, Ardan Lane or even etrius in a loose cannon deck
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:22:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"" Yeah that's what I thought, thanks. Kinda neat really. A way of
saying "No trophies for you!" and making red list targets less
attractive, say like, your own vamp. ""

And is probably one reason why this card was sneaked in there in the
first place. Its good that the set is meta-ing itself like this, but
making the anti trophy angle of the thing require tha is silly. Lets
just hope there are cards for redlisted minions to use (though I
somewhat doubt it. Why give X specific cards if X is something that
gained you points on the vampire...).
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:42:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> talonz wrote:
> > Yeah that's what I thought, thanks. Kinda neat really. A way of
> > saying "No trophies for you!" and making red list targets less
> > attractive, say like, your own vamp.
>
> Yeah, you go with that. And don't let your predator's mad giggling
make
> you think any less of your plan.
>
>

I find it doubtfull that I would ever play the card myself, but it *is*
an option to remove the trophy part of the redlist disadvantage.

G
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 6:46:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On 8 Feb 2005 05:09:45 -0800, jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:

>> Now there's an easy way to get many of the good titled vamps to
>become
>> anarchs... good stuff. So many good titled mid-cap vampires, like
>> Carna, can now be included in anarch decks. But I guess you better
>have
>> stealth somehow...
>> Lazverinus joining his !Ventrue anarch brothers, hehe...
>
>Somehow I think Out of the Frying Pan/Into the Fire will be better for
>decks that don't include princes/archbishops (not being blockable for
>one). I like the card, but it's rare, and counting on getting it and
>not being blocked seems rather foolish.
>John

I was thinking the same, unless you plan to "borrow" your prey's
titled vampire to do it.
Temptation on Arika, she plays Anarch Secession at stealth... :) 

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
-----------------------------------------------------
now a "luminary", whatever it means:
http://www.thelasombra.com/WhosWho/fabiomacedo.htm
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 8:19:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> I was thinking the same, unless you plan to "borrow" your prey's
> titled vampire to do it.
> Temptation on Arika, she plays Anarch Secession at stealth... :) 

haha nice :) 

then start bleeding with Fiendish Tongue, anarchs can't block the
action :) 
February 8, 2005 10:28:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> And is probably one reason why this card was sneaked in there in the
> first place. Its good that the set is meta-ing itself like this, but
> making the anti trophy angle of the thing require tha is silly. Lets
> just hope there are cards for redlisted minions to use (though I
> somewhat doubt it. Why give X specific cards if X is something that
> gained you points on the vampire...).

a) For background flavour purposes (there are certainly things Red List
vampires can do to survive, contacts they have etc)

b) Because the disadvantage is really, really big.
--
------------
Orpheus, proud son of "Don" Antonino Cirri [07/02/1923 - 29/01/2005]
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:28:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message news:420904d9$0$626$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
> > And is probably one reason why this card was sneaked in there in the
> > first place. Its good that the set is meta-ing itself like this, but
> > making the anti trophy angle of the thing require tha is silly. Lets
> > just hope there are cards for redlisted minions to use (though I
> > somewhat doubt it. Why give X specific cards if X is something that
> > gained you points on the vampire...).
>
> a) For background flavour purposes (there are certainly things Red List
> vampires can do to survive, contacts they have etc)
>
> b) Because the disadvantage is really, really big.

See also "requires an infernal vampire" stuff.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu
!