Powerbase: Los Angeles question

Powerbase: Los Angeles says "If you use that discard phase action to
discard a card that requires an anarch or a card that makes a vampire an
anarch, you may untap a ready anarch."

Does Seattle Committee count as a card that makes a vampire an anarch?

I would say yes, but unlike Galaric's Legacy and Go Anarch, the actual
playing of the card doesn't make any vampires into anarchs.

thanks!

Josh

seated committee
9 answers Last reply
More about powerbase angeles question

    "Joshua Duffin" <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:36pvmvF567fipU1@individual.net...
    > Powerbase: Los Angeles says "If you use that discard phase action to
    > discard a card that requires an anarch or a card that makes a vampire an
    > anarch, you may untap a ready anarch."
    >
    > Does Seattle Committee count as a card that makes a vampire an anarch?
    >
    > I would say yes, but unlike Galaric's Legacy and Go Anarch, the actual
    > playing of the card doesn't make any vampires into anarchs.

    Yes.

    --
    LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    Though of course PB:LA itself does not count as a card that requires an
    Anarch, sadly. And interestingly neither does a Body Bag, because of
    slightly different text.

    Eric Simon
    Prince of Chicago

    Slightly different text?
    'Only usable by an Anarch'

    How is this different then 'requires a ready Anarch'?

    And LSJ just said "Yes" to PBLA, so I'm thinking you're wrong about
    this one as well.

    Because there is no Anarch symbol (unlike Clan and Discipline symbols),
    we have to go by text of the card.
    I would think "usuable only by" and "requires a" are pretty much the
    damn same thing, yes?

    Thanks, blah,
    Jamie Caldwell
    Seppo Prince of Gawler

    AAAAARGH !!

    This thread is becoming impossible to read.

    PLEASE CITE WHAT YOU ANSWER TO, guys !!

    You deserved this bit of top-posting and yelling.

    Seriously, try to read one message at a time, with minimal time, and it'll
    make you scream too.

    Yours,

    Orpheus

    1107927051.625467.32050@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

    "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> escribió en el mensaje
    > AAAAARGH !!
    >
    > This thread is becoming impossible to read.
    >
    > PLEASE CITE WHAT YOU ANSWER TO, guys !!
    >
    > You deserved this bit of top-posting and yelling.
    >
    > Seriously, try to read one message at a time, with minimal time, and it'll
    > make you scream too.
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Orpheus

    Calm down brother. Take a sip of your necroflask. Feeling better now? well.

    Look Scott, I'm sure this is mostly due to stress. We have gone through 3/4
    of the preview so far and the poor orpheus haven't seen almost anything for
    his beloved necromancer beyond the names of the new g3/4 giovannis. Look
    what this have done to his nerves. Poor poor orpheus.

    Smiling Tom,
    At least I'm 30. May I do whathever I want to from now on?

    On 8 Feb 2005 21:30:51 -0800, "The Seppo" <moonvamp@hotkey.net.au>
    scrawled:

    >Slightly different text?
    >'Only usable by an Anarch'
    >
    >How is this different then 'requires a ready Anarch'?

    a non-anarch is quite happy to take an action to get a body bag, and
    have the body bag. however, it cannot _use_ the body bag.

    >And LSJ just said "Yes" to PBLA, so I'm thinking you're wrong about
    >this one as well.

    actually, he just said Seattle Committee counts as a card that make a
    vampire an anarch, for things such as PBLA's text.

    >Because there is no Anarch symbol (unlike Clan and Discipline symbols),
    >we have to go by text of the card.
    >I would think "usuable only by" and "requires a" are pretty much the
    >damn same thing, yes?

    no.

    :)

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

    "Smiling Tom" <tmadico@almadrava.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    36usbpF55tlboU1@individual.net...

    > "Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> escribió en el mensaje
    > > AAAAARGH !!
    > >
    > > This thread is becoming impossible to read.
    > >
    > > PLEASE CITE WHAT YOU ANSWER TO, guys !!
    > >
    > > You deserved this bit of top-posting and yelling.
    > >
    > > Seriously, try to read one message at a time, with minimal time, and
    it'll
    > > make you scream too.
    > >
    > > Yours,
    > >
    > > Orpheus
    >
    > Calm down brother.

    I'M VERY CALM !!!

    > Take a sip of your necroflask. Feeling better now? well.

    Slurp. Tastes zombigood. Now, where were we ?

    > Look Scott, I'm sure this is mostly due to stress. We have gone through
    3/4
    > of the preview so far and the poor orpheus haven't seen almost anything
    for
    > his beloved necromancer beyond the names of the new g3/4 giovannis. Look
    > what this have done to his nerves. Poor poor orpheus.

    I'M NOT NERVOUS AND I WANT MY NECROPREVIEWS !!!

    What does a Giovanni have to do to be listened to in this unforgiving world
    ?!

    ---------
    Very Calm Orpheus

    > Smiling Tom,
    > At least I'm 30. May I do whathever I want to from now on?

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:44:00 +0100, "Orpheus"
    <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> scrawled:

    >What does a Giovanni have to do to be listened to in this unforgiving world
    >?!

    i think you meant 'who' not 'what'. :D

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:22:13 +1100, salem
    <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:44:00 +0100, "Orpheus"
    ><orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> scrawled:
    >

    >>What does a Giovanni have to do to be listened to in this unforgiving world
    >>?!
    >
    >i think you meant 'who' not 'what'. :D
    >salem
    >http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    >(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

    Don't suggest that, please!

    I'm afraid Isabel could soon turn into the real power behind the
    scenes of V:TES ;)

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil