KMW Preview - two vampires with the same name?

Last response: in Video Games
February 8, 2005 4:31:04 PM

Hi everyone.

Am I the only one to have noticed that there are two vampires on the
list with the same name?

A Malkavian named Petaniqua
An a Baali named Petaniqua (ADV, and previously named *TBA* if I'm not
mistaken).

Does anybody know who he/she is?

Thanks!

Another Fred :-)

More about : kmw preview vampires

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 4:58:18 PM

Another Fred wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Am I the only one to have noticed that there are two vampires on the
> list with the same name?
>
> A Malkavian named Petaniqua
> An a Baali named Petaniqua (ADV, and previously named *TBA* if I'm
not
> mistaken).
>
> Does anybody know who he/she is?

The Baali would be the Advanced version of the Malkavian, just as in
the past we've had Goratrix (Tre/!Tre(Adv)) and Marcus Vitel
(Ven/Las(Adv)).

In the RPG (mostly doing this off the cuff, so read the actual source
material), Petaniqua is Cybele's childe and the mortal mother of
Alexander the Great; she's a Baali who pretends to be a Malkavian.
Totally corrupted by the Garou Wyrm. Supposedly able to astrally
project into the Umbra, and has a lot of Thaumaturgy (lots of
spirit-affecting rituals.) Has prophetic powers. She's in both Kindred
Most Wanted and Clanbook: Baali.

Has lots of influence over Black Spiral Dancers, who venerate her to
some degree; she fled the Camarilla after a scandal involving lots of
deaths of True Brujah and ended up joining the Sabbat; Clan Malkavian
found her and tried to kill her but Garou saved her, leaving her in
torpor. A millenia later, she woke and rejoined the Sabbat who'd pretty
much forgotten her - when her pack realized who she really was and how
hunted she is, the pack leader tries to kill her to claim the
Camarilla's favor and enter as a spy. Petaniqua kills him (and many
other Sabbat members besides) and asks to come back to the Camarilla.
Clan Malkavian goes 'how about we put you on the Red List instead, you
horrible monster of old, we still hate you' and she flees again.

So, basically, Petaniqua is hated by both the Sabbat and the Camarilla
in the end but not fully hunted down; the Sabbat elders approve of
prophetic visions she had about her digging up ancient vampires, while
the Camarilla elders like having a convenient scapegoat they can blame
certain high-level indiscretions on.

> Thanks!
>
> Another Fred :-)

-John Flournoy