KMW Preview - two vampires with the same name?

Hi everyone.

Am I the only one to have noticed that there are two vampires on the
list with the same name?

A Malkavian named Petaniqua
An a Baali named Petaniqua (ADV, and previously named *TBA* if I'm not
mistaken).

Does anybody know who he/she is?

Thanks!

Another Fred :-)
1 answer Last reply
More about preview vampires name

    Another Fred wrote:
    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > Am I the only one to have noticed that there are two vampires on the
    > list with the same name?
    >
    > A Malkavian named Petaniqua
    > An a Baali named Petaniqua (ADV, and previously named *TBA* if I'm
    not
    > mistaken).
    >
    > Does anybody know who he/she is?

    The Baali would be the Advanced version of the Malkavian, just as in
    the past we've had Goratrix (Tre/!Tre(Adv)) and Marcus Vitel
    (Ven/Las(Adv)).

    In the RPG (mostly doing this off the cuff, so read the actual source
    material), Petaniqua is Cybele's childe and the mortal mother of
    Alexander the Great; she's a Baali who pretends to be a Malkavian.
    Totally corrupted by the Garou Wyrm. Supposedly able to astrally
    project into the Umbra, and has a lot of Thaumaturgy (lots of
    spirit-affecting rituals.) Has prophetic powers. She's in both Kindred
    Most Wanted and Clanbook: Baali.

    Has lots of influence over Black Spiral Dancers, who venerate her to
    some degree; she fled the Camarilla after a scandal involving lots of
    deaths of True Brujah and ended up joining the Sabbat; Clan Malkavian
    found her and tried to kill her but Garou saved her, leaving her in
    torpor. A millenia later, she woke and rejoined the Sabbat who'd pretty
    much forgotten her - when her pack realized who she really was and how
    hunted she is, the pack leader tries to kill her to claim the
    Camarilla's favor and enter as a spy. Petaniqua kills him (and many
    other Sabbat members besides) and asks to come back to the Camarilla.
    Clan Malkavian goes 'how about we put you on the Red List instead, you
    horrible monster of old, we still hate you' and she flees again.

    So, basically, Petaniqua is hated by both the Sabbat and the Camarilla
    in the end but not fully hunted down; the Sabbat elders approve of
    prophetic visions she had about her digging up ancient vampires, while
    the Camarilla elders like having a convenient scapegoat they can blame
    certain high-level indiscretions on.

    > Thanks!
    >
    > Another Fred :-)

    -John Flournoy