Remarks on K:MW previews

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

Having re-read the K:MW book, a few things come to mind :

- logically, only Camarilla vampires should have been deemed able to rush a
Red List. I guess it would have been too much of an advantage over their
(often weaker) counterparts.

- I hope the Bloodlines Red List (Genina, Angelo...) will be at the end of
the list, seeing as they aren't in the "normal" clan order

- seeing her characteristics (yes, even SER and THA), it is hard to believe
that Kemintiri can threaten Valerius Major and kill all the Alastors that
come to her. I guess that's where the dream and the RPG / CCG system differ.

Other thoughts anyone ?

------------
Orpheus, proud son of "Don" Antonino Cirri [07/02/1923 - 29/01/2005]

Orpheus wrote:
> Having re-read the K:MW book, a few things come to mind :
>
> - logically, only Camarilla vampires should have been deemed able to rush a
> Red List. I guess it would have been too much of an advantage over their
> (often weaker) counterparts.

Yes. The Camarilla slant has been covered. The Red List card should require a
Justicar/IC, not just any title. And Burning Wrath should be a multi
Discipline card. And so on.

> - seeing her characteristics (yes, even SER and THA), it is hard to believe
> that Kemintiri can threaten Valerius Major and kill all the Alastors that
> come to her. I guess that's where the dream and the RPG / CCG system differ.

One of many "where"s, yep.

--
LSJ (vtesrep@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Orpheus <orpheus.13@eraserheadfree.fr> wrote:
: - logically, only Camarilla vampires should have been deemed able to rush a
: Red List. I guess it would have been too much of an advantage over their
: (often weaker) counterparts.

Might've been just boring. Creating such limitations in Jyhad just
isn't so reasonable as it is thematically acceptable in the RPG.

: - I hope the Bloodlines Red List (Genina, Angelo...) will be at the end of
: the list, seeing as they aren't in the "normal" clan order

Well, wouldn't be surprised if they left some goodies to add in the next
expansion. That has worked moderately well before. It's easier to add
cards later than to take them out. I especially am glad that anarchs
have been getting a steady supply of support cards. They're still no
killers, but it's getting slowly better.

: - seeing her characteristics (yes, even SER and THA), it is hard to believe
: that Kemintiri can threaten Valerius Major and kill all the Alastors that
: come to her. I guess that's where the dream and the RPG / CCG system differ.

THA in V:tM? Killer. There wasn't a cheesier Discipline in V:tM than
Thaumaturgy.

Serpentis did also have quite a bunch of funky (and deadly) tricks along
its numerous incarnations and versions.

//T

"Orpheus" <orpheus.13@ERASERHEADfree.fr> wrote in message
> - I hope the Bloodlines Red List (Genina, Angelo...) will be at the end of
> the list, seeing as they aren't in the "normal" clan order

Seems unlikely. The Baali are one of the Bloodlines and they're in the "normal"
clan order. It would be weird if that were only true because there's a precon
deck for them.

Fred

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

"LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
zPaOd.18020$Th1.5560@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Orpheus wrote:
> > Having re-read the K:MW book, a few things come to mind :
> >
> > - logically, only Camarilla vampires should have been deemed able to
rush a
> > Red List. I guess it would have been too much of an advantage over their
> > (often weaker) counterparts.
>
> Yes. The Camarilla slant has been covered. The Red List card should
require a
> Justicar/IC, not just any title.

Hehe, I didn't know the Red List required a Title...

Too bad for the background. Good for not giving even more power to the
Camarilla (yes, the Cammies can kick ass in combat as well as the rest)...

> And Burning Wrath should be a multi
> Discipline card. And so on.

Yes, in a perfect world... Too bad the multi wasn't invented yet !! But
then, all we require really is a good, balanced game with the special
flavour that VTES has, and not too many background "inconsistencies".

For what it's worth, I think on the subject at hand your choices were for
the best. Or you could have stuck to the back, but then the non-cammies
would have needed something serious to counterbalance.

------------
Orpheus, proud son of "Don" Antonino Cirri [07/02/1923 - 29/01/2005]

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

> : - seeing her characteristics (yes, even SER and THA), it is hard to
believe
> : that Kemintiri can threaten Valerius Major and kill all the Alastors
that
> : come to her. I guess that's where the dream and the RPG / CCG system
differ.

> THA in V:tM? Killer. There wasn't a cheesier Discipline in V:tM than
> Thaumaturgy.

True enough. But the guy she's threatening is...a Tremere Elder Infernalist
!! ;)

Orpheus, proud son of "Don" Antonino Cirri [07/02/1923 - 29/01/2005]