Report: Intel Refreshing Notebook Chips Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I hate their model naming... I can understand the letter changes for power levels but the number should represent the speed to some extent. With all of the xx9600 models having the 9600 one would assume they were all the same speed with the lettering making for different power class. They must be getting their naming schemes from nvidia or something...

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]sublifer[/nom] They must be getting their naming schemes from nvidia or something...[/citation]

nVidia naming scheme?? I'm sorry with all their rebranding products it's a total mess, basically since the 8000 series, it's been pure rebranding, they somehow moved from 9xxx to 2xx and it's a total mess at this point, you look at the 8800 ultra which is pretty much the same thing as the 9800gtx and the 260gt... Although... Ati is not doing a better job at this point, at least they've kept only the number, you don't have to be a race car expert to know where your card stands in.

[citation][nom]shnur[/nom]nVidia naming scheme?? I'm sorry with all their rebranding products it's a total mess, basically since the 8000 series, it's been pure rebranding, they somehow moved from 9xxx to 2xx and it's a total mess at this point, you look at the 8800 ultra which is pretty much the same thing as the 9800gtx and the 260gt... Although... Ati is not doing a better job at this point, at least they've kept only the number, you don't have to be a race car expert to know where your card stands in.[/citation]

Oh boy, you got a lot of catching up to do.

8800 Ultra is 9800 GTX? Boy, that's wrong. 8800GTS = 9800GTX = 9800GTX+ = GTS 250.

GTX 260 is an entirely different chip...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I wonder if there is a list of CPU’s which Intel is producing right now, at this moment? All processors… Xeons, Atoms, Core2’s, Quads, I7’s. What’s the total # of different processors, like 30?

[citation][nom]shnur[/nom]nVidia naming scheme?? I'm sorry with all their rebranding products it's a total mess, basically since the 8000 series, it's been pure rebranding, they somehow moved from 9xxx to 2xx and it's a total mess at this point, you look at the 8800 ultra which is pretty much the same thing as the 9800gtx and the 260gt... Although... Ati is not doing a better job at this point, at least they've kept only the number, you don't have to be a race car expert to know where your card stands in.[/citation]

I'm glad eddieroolz got to you first. You have no idea what you're talking about. See eddieroolz's post for details on how graphics cards really line up.

Hopefully your knowledge of race cars is much better.

JustinHD81

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Grieve, Intel would have 30 different models pretty much just for the desktop dual core series, let alone quad core and server models, etc, just looking through the laptops on the market they have at least 3 cpu's that are all 2.0ghz but are all different model numbers, different cache levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.