KMW Preview: Mitru the Hunter

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2005 4:07:27 PM

The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out with
soap. Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
prop from Fight Club or something. :p )

Mitru
Gangrel Antitribu
8-cap
Group 4
ani for CEL OBF PRO
Sabbat: Cards that require Celerity cost Mitru 1 less blood to play.

Daaaamn. Very useful special, and we'll see him used much like the
group 2 Miller Delmartigan-based decks. Nice to see this special slid
over to a different clan for group 4, as that opens some very different
options (even if Miller did have Protean already).

Might have to try a 'free Shadow Feint' deck with him at some point,
too.

-John Flournoy
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 4:15:52 PM

John Flournoy wrote:
> The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out with
> soap. Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
> prop from Fight Club or something. :p )
>
> Mitru
> Gangrel Antitribu
> 8-cap
> Group 4
> ani for CEL OBF PRO
> Sabbat: Cards that require Celerity cost Mitru 1 less blood to play.
>
> Daaaamn. Very useful special, and we'll see him used much like the
> group 2 Miller Delmartigan-based decks. Nice to see this special slid
> over to a different clan for group 4, as that opens some very
different
> options (even if Miller did have Protean already).

Haha. So if Miller and Mitru are both in play, do their abilities
"contest"? =P
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 4:20:02 PM

i don´t know if that special is ALL THAT useful, with celerity not
being the most expensive discipline of all times. sure it´s a nice
hand, but i´m not that yippy about it. but the guy is a sure IN in my
!grel deck.
February 9, 2005 4:40:58 PM

press wrote:
> i don´t know if that special is ALL THAT useful, with celerity not
> being the most expensive discipline of all times. sure it´s a nice
> hand, but i´m not that yippy about it. but the guy is a sure IN in
my
> !grel deck.

It's not the most expensive discipline, but when you build a deck
around it, you want to use it a LOT. Like Blur/.44 decks.

CEL+PRO both have combat cards costing 1 that you'd like to play in
abundance; Mitru with a Path in play gets to do things like Blur/Claws
for free instead of 2 blood, and that adds up if you're building a deck
around him - which with his fortitude could include things like a
multi-rusher.

-John Flournoy
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 4:45:11 PM

Orpheus wrote:
> <echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1107983752.933111.194220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > John Flournoy wrote:
> > > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out
with
> > > soap.
>
> Nonono, it wasn't when I wrote, and I'll have all the bad faith I
want on
> the subject.
>
> Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
> > > prop from Fight Club or something. :p )
>
> Fight Club's (looooooove that movie !!) soap is from human fat. I
prefer
> mine from human bones. You should try it !

Isn't that potentially dangerous? I thought I once saw a Tales from the
Crypt episode where some woman killed her husband and made soap out of
him. Then she took a shower with the soap and died because she didn't
realize that the soap was acidic.
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 4:46:10 PM

i´m aware of that... it´s just that i think stutter-step+claws to be
way better than blur+claws...so i don´t spend much in celerity anyway.
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 4:54:54 PM

press wrote:
> i´m aware of that... it´s just that i think stutter-step+claws to
be
> way better than blur+claws...so i don´t spend much in celerity
anyway.

I'm pretty fond of stutter-step/claws too, except that my local
metagame is very fortitude-heavy: being hit by claws once doesn't often
work, Blurring to hit someone three times with them works a lot more
consistently.

But honestly, I'd expect to see him used more with Disguised guns and
Blurs.

-John Flournoy
February 10, 2005 1:21:06 AM

<echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1107983752.933111.194220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

> John Flournoy wrote:
> > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out with
> > soap.

Nonono, it wasn't when I wrote, and I'll have all the bad faith I want on
the subject.

Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
> > prop from Fight Club or something. :p )

Fight Club's (looooooove that movie !!) soap is from human fat. I prefer
mine from human bones. You should try it !
-------------
Orpheus, Necromonger
February 10, 2005 2:02:01 AM

<echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1107985511.155756.302680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Orpheus wrote:
> <echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1107983752.933111.194220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > John Flournoy wrote:
> > > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out
with
> > > soap.
>
> Nonono, it wasn't when I wrote, and I'll have all the bad faith I
want on
> the subject.
>
> Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
> > > prop from Fight Club or something. :p )
>
> Fight Club's (looooooove that movie !!) soap is from human fat. I
prefer
> mine from human bones. You should try it !

> Isn't that potentially dangerous? I thought I once saw a Tales
> from the Crypt episode where some woman killed her husband
> and made soap out of him. Then she took a shower with the
> soap and died because she didn't realize that the soap was
> acidic.

It is and should be. Enjoy... ;)
!