KMW Preview: Mitru the Hunter

The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out with
soap. Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
prop from Fight Club or something. :P)

Mitru
Gangrel Antitribu
8-cap
Group 4
ani for CEL OBF PRO
Sabbat: Cards that require Celerity cost Mitru 1 less blood to play.

Daaaamn. Very useful special, and we'll see him used much like the
group 2 Miller Delmartigan-based decks. Nice to see this special slid
over to a different clan for group 4, as that opens some very different
options (even if Miller did have Protean already).

Might have to try a 'free Shadow Feint' deck with him at some point,
too.

-John Flournoy
8 answers Last reply
More about preview mitru hunter

    John Flournoy wrote:
    > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out with
    > soap. Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
    > prop from Fight Club or something. :P)
    >
    > Mitru
    > Gangrel Antitribu
    > 8-cap
    > Group 4
    > ani for CEL OBF PRO
    > Sabbat: Cards that require Celerity cost Mitru 1 less blood to play.
    >
    > Daaaamn. Very useful special, and we'll see him used much like the
    > group 2 Miller Delmartigan-based decks. Nice to see this special slid
    > over to a different clan for group 4, as that opens some very
    different
    > options (even if Miller did have Protean already).

    Haha. So if Miller and Mitru are both in play, do their abilities
    "contest"? =P

    i don´t know if that special is ALL THAT useful, with celerity not
    being the most expensive discipline of all times. sure it´s a nice
    hand, but i´m not that yippy about it. but the guy is a sure IN in my
    !grel deck.

    press wrote:
    > i don´t know if that special is ALL THAT useful, with celerity not
    > being the most expensive discipline of all times. sure it´s a nice
    > hand, but i´m not that yippy about it. but the guy is a sure IN in
    my
    > !grel deck.

    It's not the most expensive discipline, but when you build a deck
    around it, you want to use it a LOT. Like Blur/.44 decks.

    CEL+PRO both have combat cards costing 1 that you'd like to play in
    abundance; Mitru with a Path in play gets to do things like Blur/Claws
    for free instead of 2 blood, and that adds up if you're building a deck
    around him - which with his fortitude could include things like a
    multi-rusher.

    -John Flournoy

    Orpheus wrote:
    > <echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 1107983752.933111.194220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > >
    > > John Flournoy wrote:
    > > > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out
    with
    > > > soap.
    >
    > Nonono, it wasn't when I wrote, and I'll have all the bad faith I
    want on
    > the subject.
    >
    > Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
    > > > prop from Fight Club or something. :P)
    >
    > Fight Club's (looooooove that movie !!) soap is from human fat. I
    prefer
    > mine from human bones. You should try it !

    Isn't that potentially dangerous? I thought I once saw a Tales from the
    Crypt episode where some woman killed her husband and made soap out of
    him. Then she took a shower with the soap and died because she didn't
    realize that the soap was acidic.

    i´m aware of that... it´s just that i think stutter-step+claws to be
    way better than blur+claws...so i don´t spend much in celerity anyway.

    press wrote:
    > i´m aware of that... it´s just that i think stutter-step+claws to
    be
    > way better than blur+claws...so i don´t spend much in celerity
    anyway.

    I'm pretty fond of stutter-step/claws too, except that my local
    metagame is very fortitude-heavy: being hit by claws once doesn't often
    work, Blurring to hit someone three times with them works a lot more
    consistently.

    But honestly, I'd expect to see him used more with Disguised guns and
    Blurs.

    -John Flournoy

    <echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1107983752.933111.194220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

    > John Flournoy wrote:
    > > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out with
    > > soap.

    Nonono, it wasn't when I wrote, and I'll have all the bad faith I want on
    the subject.

    Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
    > > prop from Fight Club or something. :P)

    Fight Club's (looooooove that movie !!) soap is from human fat. I prefer
    mine from human bones. You should try it !
    -------------
    Orpheus, Necromonger
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    1107985511.155756.302680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

    Orpheus wrote:
    > <echiang777@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 1107983752.933111.194220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
    > >
    > > John Flournoy wrote:
    > > > The preview is up (finally, Orpheus, so go wash your mouth out
    with
    > > > soap.
    >
    > Nonono, it wasn't when I wrote, and I'll have all the bad faith I
    want on
    > the subject.
    >
    > Knowing how the Giovanni work, that 'soap' will probably be a
    > > > prop from Fight Club or something. :P)
    >
    > Fight Club's (looooooove that movie !!) soap is from human fat. I
    prefer
    > mine from human bones. You should try it !

    > Isn't that potentially dangerous? I thought I once saw a Tales
    > from the Crypt episode where some woman killed her husband
    > and made soap out of him. Then she took a shower with the
    > soap and died because she didn't realize that the soap was
    > acidic.

    It is and should be. Enjoy... ;)

Games Video Games