[DECK] Buddies

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

This is my first attempt on a somewhat succesful combat deck: +1 strenght
CEL vamps, so enlightment from any of those who have played any variant of
this formulae.

Deck Name: Buddies
Created By: Tom
Description: Weenieness is something usually seen in tournaments, and I want
to bet for the anti-weenie event pack, which, as a side effect, also harms
allies decks.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 24, Max: 33, Avg: 7,08)
----------------------------------------------
1 Crusher CEL for PRE POT 9, Brujah:1, Primogen
3 Miller Delmardigan aus CEL PRE pro 8, Toreador Antitribu:2, Bishop
3 Theo Bell (ADV) aus dom CEL POT PRE 7, Brujah:2
2 Theo Bell cel dom POT pre 7, Brujah:2
1 Richter CEL for POT pre 7, Brujah Antitribu:2
1 Bianca CEL pot pre 6, Brujah:1
1 Parmenides CEL qui 4, Assamite:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Events (6 cards)
1 Blood Trade
1 Dragonbound
2 Nightmare's upon nightmares
1 Thirst
1 Torpid blood

Master (14 cards)
1 Art of Pain, The
4 Blood Doll
1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
1 Depravity
1 Fame
1 Giant's Blood
2 Guardian Angel
2 Minion Tap
1 Secure Haven

Action (20 cards)
1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
9 Bum's Rush
6 Enchant Kindred
2 Legal Manipulations
2 Nose of the Hound

Reaction (8 cards)
4 Delaying Tactics
4 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (42 cards)
5 Blur
2 Disarm
1 Fast Hands
5 Flash
2 Majesty
7 Psyche!
5 Pursuit
2 Side Strike
7 Sideslip
6 Taste of Vitae
11 answers Last reply
More about deck buddies
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Smiling Tom wrote:
    > This is my first attempt on a somewhat succesful combat deck: +1
    strenght
    > CEL vamps, so enlightment from any of those who have played any
    variant of
    > this formulae.
    >
    > Deck Name: Buddies
    > Created By: Tom
    > Description: Weenieness is something usually seen in tournaments, and
    I want
    > to bet for the anti-weenie event pack, which, as a side effect, also
    harms
    > allies decks.
    >
    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 24, Max: 33, Avg: 7,08)
    > ----------------------------------------------
    > 1 Crusher CEL for PRE POT 9, Brujah:1, Primogen
    > 3 Miller Delmardigan aus CEL PRE pro 8, Toreador Antitribu:2,
    Bishop
    > 3 Theo Bell (ADV) aus dom CEL POT PRE 7, Brujah:2
    > 2 Theo Bell cel dom POT pre 7, Brujah:2
    > 1 Richter CEL for POT pre 7, Brujah Antitribu:2
    > 1 Bianca CEL pot pre 6, Brujah:1
    > 1 Parmenides CEL qui 4, Assamite:2
    >
    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Events (6 cards)
    > 1 Blood Trade
    > 1 Dragonbound
    > 2 Nightmare's upon nightmares
    > 1 Thirst
    > 1 Torpid blood
    >
    > Master (14 cards)
    > 1 Art of Pain, The
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
    > 1 Depravity
    > 1 Fame
    > 1 Giant's Blood
    > 2 Guardian Angel
    > 2 Minion Tap
    > 1 Secure Haven
    >
    > Action (20 cards)
    > 1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
    > 9 Bum's Rush
    > 6 Enchant Kindred
    > 2 Legal Manipulations
    > 2 Nose of the Hound
    >
    > Reaction (8 cards)
    > 4 Delaying Tactics
    > 4 Wake with Evening's Freshness
    >
    > Combat (42 cards)
    > 5 Blur
    > 2 Disarm
    > 1 Fast Hands
    > 5 Flash
    > 2 Majesty
    > 7 Psyche!
    > 5 Pursuit
    > 2 Side Strike
    > 7 Sideslip
    > 6 Taste of Vitae


    Not bad, I've played a lot like this. Just some suggestions.
    These are some cards you should/could put in.
    Master card for intercept
    Rooftop shadows
    Acrobatics
    More Fame (its important that you draw it)
    Haven Uncovered
    Direct Intervention

    What you don't need so many of.
    Delaying tactics
    Psyche!
    Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see their
    strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
    intercept it could be worth it.

    Do you have a plan for your Gehenna cards or do you just want to try
    them out? (Dragonbound is a good idea though.)

    Strategy: This kind of combat deck is simple to use but hard to use
    well.
    The trick is to go backwards enough so that your predator realizes that
    he has to focus on defending against his predator (or just get his guys
    out of torpor). Doing this while not making him TOO weak. Haven
    Uncovered will help that.

    On offence, since you have no stealth, you only want to use your
    Presence bleed cards (unless Enchant kindred Superior) when he is
    tapped out. If he wakes, well then, you send that guy to torpor too. :)

    The fame trick works well. Send fame guy to torpor. Rescue him. Send
    him to torpor again. Rinse wash repeat. Note: I find that sometimes its
    important that he is rescued before your turn is up. Otherwise someone
    will eat the fame vamp to help out your prey.

    Okay that's all I got. Hope this helps!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > Psyche!
    > Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see
    their
    > strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
    > intercept it could be worth it.


    >Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
    additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
    *another*opponent same turn.

    ---
    ???
    You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat him
    up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.


    > Do you have a plan for your Gehenna cards or do you just want to try
    > them out? (Dragonbound is a good idea though.)


    >Of course: In order both Nightmares upon Nightmares and Thirst affect
    the
    largest number of opposing minions. If I manage to have 5-6 gehennas in

    play, then all vamps ranging from 5 to 6 or below will be affected.

    Chances of drawing enough Gehenna cards when you only have 6 in deck in
    not likely. Plus, there is a good chance that it just helps the other
    people cycle.

    >Oh, and IME dragonbound is far more destructive than fame.

    I disagree. Fame works mainly against your target. Dragonbound can end
    up helping your prey if he also plays a torporizing deck. Or worse yet,
    your grand prey. As a low bleed deck, you want to make sure your
    grandprey doesn't get that annoying extra 6 pool.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Adam wrote:

    |> Psyche!
    |> Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see
    their
    |> strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
    |> intercept it could be worth it.
    |>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
    |additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
    |*another*opponent same turn
    |
    |---
    |???
    |You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat
    him
    |up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.

    Psyche! continues the combat versus your opponent, while the Majesty
    has untapped you in the meantime. After the combat, you are untapped,
    and id ready, can rush a second minion. Or bleed, of course.

    This trick works also with city gangrel (sup. Earth Meld and Psyche!),
    although in both cases it's slightly doubtful whether it's efficient,
    since you need combo's in hand to make it work and especially combat
    should be KISS. It's a neat idea though.


    Regards,

    Patrick
    Columbus, OH
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Colin McGuigan wrote:
    > adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
    > >>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
    > >
    > > additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
    > > *another*opponent same turn.
    > >
    > > ---
    > > ???
    > > You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat
    him
    > > up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.
    >
    > Majesty leaves you untapped, so _after_ you've beaten him up (in the
    > second combat), you can then take another action.
    >
    > --Colin McGuigan

    That's a neat little trick (thanks!) but if that was a theme that I was
    doing then I would have to add more majesties, more ambush, and harass.

    Cool can do it with Akram with a presence card too. :)
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
    >>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
    >
    > additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
    > *another*opponent same turn.
    >
    > ---
    > ???
    > You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat him
    > up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.

    Majesty leaves you untapped, so _after_ you've beaten him up (in the
    second combat), you can then take another action.

    --Colin McGuigan
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    >
    > Not bad, I've played a lot like this. Just some suggestions.
    > These are some cards you should/could put in.
    > Master card for intercept
    > Rooftop shadows
    > Acrobatics
    > More Fame (its important that you draw it)
    > Haven Uncovered
    > Direct Intervention
    >
    > What you don't need so many of.
    > Delaying tactics

    Remind you: Theo Bell ADV text. Need this to redirect build-in PTO work in
    my favor

    > Psyche!
    > Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see their
    > strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
    > intercept it could be worth it.

    Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
    additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
    *another*opponent same turn.

    >
    > Do you have a plan for your Gehenna cards or do you just want to try
    > them out? (Dragonbound is a good idea though.)
    >
    Of course: In order both Nightmares upon Nightmares and Thirst affect the
    largest number of opposing minions. If I manage to have 5-6 gehennas in
    play, then all vamps ranging from 5 to 6 or below will be affected.

    Oh, and IME dragonbound is far more destructive than fame.

    > Strategy: This kind of combat deck is simple to use but hard to use
    > well.
    > The trick is to go backwards enough so that your predator realizes that
    > he has to focus on defending against his predator (or just get his guys
    > out of torpor). Doing this while not making him TOO weak. Haven
    > Uncovered will help that.
    >
    > On offence, since you have no stealth, you only want to use your
    > Presence bleed cards (unless Enchant kindred Superior) when he is
    > tapped out. If he wakes, well then, you send that guy to torpor too. :)
    >
    > The fame trick works well. Send fame guy to torpor. Rescue him. Send
    > him to torpor again. Rinse wash repeat. Note: I find that sometimes its
    > important that he is rescued before your turn is up. Otherwise someone
    > will eat the fame vamp to help out your prey.
    >
    > Okay that's all I got. Hope this helps!
    >
    Of course. Haven uncovered should be included, double fame somehow...
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Smiling Tom wrote:

    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 24, Max: 33, Avg: 7,08)
    > ----------------------------------------------
    > 1 Crusher CEL for PRE POT 9, Brujah:1, Primogen
    > 3 Miller Delmardigan aus CEL PRE pro 8, Toreador Antitribu:2, Bishop
    > 3 Theo Bell (ADV) aus dom CEL POT PRE 7, Brujah:2
    > 2 Theo Bell cel dom POT pre 7, Brujah:2
    > 1 Richter CEL for POT pre 7, Brujah Antitribu:2
    > 1 Bianca CEL pot pre 6, Brujah:1
    > 1 Parmenides CEL qui 4, Assamite:2

    I'd likely lose Crusher. He is just too big. There is also Parnasus (7; +1
    str/CEL) and Blaise (7; +1 str/CEL) who you might want to wedge in there.
    I'm unconvinced that having 5 Taco Bells in there is that good of an idea
    either. I mean, like, he's good (especially the Advanced if he doesn't get
    whacked) but not that good.

    >
    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Events (6 cards)
    > 1 Blood Trade
    > 1 Dragonbound
    > 2 Nightmare's upon nightmares
    > 1 Thirst
    > 1 Torpid blood

    All the events plus all the Taco Bell Advanced equals bad synergy. Taco Bell
    Advanced is good and useable, 'cause the likelyhood of someone having a
    Justicar/IC member *and* there being an event in play is not that big. If
    you provide the events, that is a lot of the effort right there.

    >
    > Master (14 cards)
    > 1 Art of Pain, The
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
    > 1 Depravity
    > 1 Fame
    > 1 Giant's Blood
    > 2 Guardian Angel
    > 2 Minion Tap
    > 1 Secure Haven

    I'd be inclined to add more Fame. And maybe a Tension in the Ranks. But
    those are obvious.

    >
    > Action (20 cards)
    > 1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
    > 9 Bum's Rush
    > 6 Enchant Kindred
    > 2 Legal Manipulations
    > 2 Nose of the Hound
    >
    > Reaction (8 cards)
    > 4 Delaying Tactics
    > 4 Wake with Evening's Freshness

    A lot of infratstructure to try and keep Taco Bell alive. You are probably
    better off losing the Events and just risking the small chance of the burn,
    and using some, like, intercept for general defense.


    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "How does this end?"
    "In fire."
    Emperor Turhan and Kosh
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:13:58 -0500, Peter D Bakija
    <pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

    >I'd likely lose Crusher. He is just too big. There is also Parnasus (7; +1
    >str/CEL) and Blaise (7; +1 str/CEL) who you might want to wedge in there.
    >I'm unconvinced that having 5 Taco Bells in there

    [snip]

    >
    >All the events plus all the Taco Bell Advanced equals bad synergy. Taco Bell
    >Advanced is good,

    [snip]

    >A lot of infratstructure to try and keep Taco Bell alive.

    [snip and bursts of loud, loud laughter]

    [recovering] don't know if it's a new joke or not, but I could not
    refrain myself after viewing "Taco Bell" written three times in a row.
    I'll never be able to use his real name again. Gee, I am even inclined
    to build a new deck around him just to use the nickname from now on!

    Thanks, Peter, for the easy laugh. Call me a moron now, I deserve it.

    >
    >Peter D Bakija
    >pdb6@lightlink.com
    >http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
    >
    >"How does this end?"
    >"In fire."
    >Emperor Turhan and Kosh

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    -----------------------------------------------------
    now a "luminary", whatever it means:
    http://www.thelasombra.com/WhosWho/fabiomacedo.htm
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Fabio "Sooner" wrote:

    > [recovering] don't know if it's a new joke or not, but I could not
    > refrain myself after viewing "Taco Bell" written three times in a row.
    > I'll never be able to use his real name again. Gee, I am even inclined
    > to build a new deck around him just to use the nickname from now on!
    >
    > Thanks, Peter, for the easy laugh. Call me a moron now, I deserve it.

    Well, ya know, in the US, Taco Bell is a common fast food resturant (that
    likely is all over the world by now, but I don't know how common it is such
    that people not in the US get the gag). Theo Bell clearly becomes Taco Bell
    if you think that sort of thing it funny :-)


    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "How does this end?"
    "In fire."
    Emperor Turhan and Kosh
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:43:51 -0500, Peter D Bakija
    <pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

    >Fabio "Sooner" wrote:
    >
    >> [recovering] don't know if it's a new joke or not, but I could not
    >> refrain myself after viewing "Taco Bell" written three times in a row.
    >> I'll never be able to use his real name again. Gee, I am even inclined
    >> to build a new deck around him just to use the nickname from now on!
    >>
    >> Thanks, Peter, for the easy laugh. Call me a moron now, I deserve it.
    >
    >Well, ya know, in the US, Taco Bell is a common fast food resturant (that
    >likely is all over the world by now, but I don't know how common it is such
    >that people not in the US get the gag). Theo Bell clearly becomes Taco Bell
    >if you think that sort of thing it funny :-)

    Heh, though Taco Bell did not made its expansion through Brazil yet,
    it's hard to not acknowledge it if one has seen enough Hollywood
    movies. But it is a very funny pun indeed, specially when one sees
    Taco Bell for whatever stereotypes it represents.

    >Peter D Bakija
    >pdb6@lightlink.com
    >http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
    >
    >"How does this end?"
    >"In fire."
    >Emperor Turhan and Kosh
    >

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    -----------------------------------------------------
    now a "luminary", whatever it means:
    http://www.thelasombra.com/WhosWho/fabiomacedo.htm
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    In message <1108045772.874745.14810@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    samyamu@gmail.com writes:
    >Psyche! continues the combat versus your opponent,

    Starts a new combat, in fact. This is important for once per round
    limitations, or duration of combat effects etc.

    --
    James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
    PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and
    EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 look at internet pictures of men's cocks all day?"
    13D7E668C3695D623D5D -- www.livejournal.com/users/scarletdemon/
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games