[DECK] Buddies

This is my first attempt on a somewhat succesful combat deck: +1 strenght
CEL vamps, so enlightment from any of those who have played any variant of
this formulae.

Deck Name: Buddies
Created By: Tom
to bet for the anti-weenie event pack, which, as a side effect, also harms
allies decks.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 24, Max: 33, Avg: 7,08)
1 Crusher CEL for PRE POT 9, Brujah:1, Primogen
3 Miller Delmardigan aus CEL PRE pro 8, Toreador Antitribu:2, Bishop
3 Theo Bell (ADV) aus dom CEL POT PRE 7, Brujah:2
2 Theo Bell cel dom POT pre 7, Brujah:2
1 Richter CEL for POT pre 7, Brujah Antitribu:2
1 Bianca CEL pot pre 6, Brujah:1
1 Parmenides CEL qui 4, Assamite:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Events (6 cards)
1 Blood Trade
1 Dragonbound
2 Nightmare's upon nightmares
1 Thirst
1 Torpid blood

Master (14 cards)
1 Art of Pain, The
4 Blood Doll
1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
1 Depravity
1 Fame
1 Giant's Blood
2 Guardian Angel
2 Minion Tap
1 Secure Haven

Action (20 cards)
1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
9 Bum's Rush
6 Enchant Kindred
2 Legal Manipulations
2 Nose of the Hound

Reaction (8 cards)
4 Delaying Tactics
4 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (42 cards)
5 Blur
2 Disarm
1 Fast Hands
5 Flash
2 Majesty
7 Psyche!
5 Pursuit
2 Side Strike
7 Sideslip
6 Taste of Vitae

Smiling Tom wrote:
> This is my first attempt on a somewhat succesful combat deck: +1
strenght
> CEL vamps, so enlightment from any of those who have played any
variant of
> this formulae.
>
> Deck Name: Buddies
> Created By: Tom
I want
> to bet for the anti-weenie event pack, which, as a side effect, also
harms
> allies decks.
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 24, Max: 33, Avg: 7,08)
> 1 Crusher CEL for PRE POT 9, Brujah:1, Primogen
> 3 Miller Delmardigan aus CEL PRE pro 8, Toreador Antitribu:2,
Bishop
> 3 Theo Bell (ADV) aus dom CEL POT PRE 7, Brujah:2
> 2 Theo Bell cel dom POT pre 7, Brujah:2
> 1 Richter CEL for POT pre 7, Brujah Antitribu:2
> 1 Bianca CEL pot pre 6, Brujah:1
> 1 Parmenides CEL qui 4, Assamite:2
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Events (6 cards)
> 1 Blood Trade
> 1 Dragonbound
> 2 Nightmare's upon nightmares
> 1 Thirst
> 1 Torpid blood
>
> Master (14 cards)
> 1 Art of Pain, The
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
> 1 Depravity
> 1 Fame
> 1 Giant's Blood
> 2 Guardian Angel
> 2 Minion Tap
> 1 Secure Haven
>
> Action (20 cards)
> 1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
> 9 Bum's Rush
> 6 Enchant Kindred
> 2 Legal Manipulations
> 2 Nose of the Hound
>
> Reaction (8 cards)
> 4 Delaying Tactics
> 4 Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
> Combat (42 cards)
> 5 Blur
> 2 Disarm
> 1 Fast Hands
> 5 Flash
> 2 Majesty
> 7 Psyche!
> 5 Pursuit
> 2 Side Strike
> 7 Sideslip
> 6 Taste of Vitae

Not bad, I've played a lot like this. Just some suggestions.
These are some cards you should/could put in.
Master card for intercept
Rooftop shadows
Acrobatics
More Fame (its important that you draw it)
Haven Uncovered
Direct Intervention

What you don't need so many of.
Delaying tactics
Psyche!
Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see their
strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
intercept it could be worth it.

Do you have a plan for your Gehenna cards or do you just want to try
them out? (Dragonbound is a good idea though.)

Strategy: This kind of combat deck is simple to use but hard to use
well.
The trick is to go backwards enough so that your predator realizes that
he has to focus on defending against his predator (or just get his guys
out of torpor). Doing this while not making him TOO weak. Haven
Uncovered will help that.

On offence, since you have no stealth, you only want to use your
Presence bleed cards (unless Enchant kindred Superior) when he is
tapped out. If he wakes, well then, you send that guy to torpor too. :)

The fame trick works well. Send fame guy to torpor. Rescue him. Send
him to torpor again. Rinse wash repeat. Note: I find that sometimes its
important that he is rescued before your turn is up. Otherwise someone
will eat the fame vamp to help out your prey.

Okay that's all I got. Hope this helps!

> Psyche!
> Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see
their
> strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
> intercept it could be worth it.

>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
*another*opponent same turn.

---
???
You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat him
up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.

> Do you have a plan for your Gehenna cards or do you just want to try
> them out? (Dragonbound is a good idea though.)

>Of course: In order both Nightmares upon Nightmares and Thirst affect
the
largest number of opposing minions. If I manage to have 5-6 gehennas in

play, then all vamps ranging from 5 to 6 or below will be affected.

Chances of drawing enough Gehenna cards when you only have 6 in deck in
not likely. Plus, there is a good chance that it just helps the other
people cycle.

>Oh, and IME dragonbound is far more destructive than fame.

I disagree. Fame works mainly against your target. Dragonbound can end
up helping your prey if he also plays a torporizing deck. Or worse yet,
your grand prey. As a low bleed deck, you want to make sure your
grandprey doesn't get that annoying extra 6 pool.

Adam wrote:

|> Psyche!
|> Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see
their
|> strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
|> intercept it could be worth it.
|>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
|additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
|*another*opponent same turn

|---
|???
|You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat
him
|up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.

Psyche! continues the combat versus your opponent, while the Majesty
has untapped you in the meantime. After the combat, you are untapped,
and id ready, can rush a second minion. Or bleed, of course.

This trick works also with city gangrel (sup. Earth Meld and Psyche!),
although in both cases it's slightly doubtful whether it's efficient,
since you need combo's in hand to make it work and especially combat
should be KISS. It's a neat idea though.

Regards,

Patrick
Columbus, OH

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
> >>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
> >
> > additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
> > *another*opponent same turn.
> >
> > ---
> > ???
> > You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat
him
> > up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.
>
> Majesty leaves you untapped, so _after_ you've beaten him up (in the
> second combat), you can then take another action.
>
> --Colin McGuigan

That's a neat little trick (thanks!) but if that was a theme that I was
doing then I would have to add more majesties, more ambush, and harass.

Cool can do it with Akram with a presence card too. :)

adam.hulse@ngc.com wrote:
>>Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
>
> additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
> *another*opponent same turn.
>
> ---
> ???
> You would have to psyche against the same guy. So why not just beat him
> up in first combat? Not sure what you are saying here.

Majesty leaves you untapped, so _after_ you've beaten him up (in the
second combat), you can then take another action.

--Colin McGuigan

> Not bad, I've played a lot like this. Just some suggestions.
> These are some cards you should/could put in.
> Master card for intercept
> Rooftop shadows
> Acrobatics
> More Fame (its important that you draw it)
> Haven Uncovered
> Direct Intervention
>
> What you don't need so many of.
> Delaying tactics

Remind you: Theo Bell ADV text. Need this to redirect build-in PTO work in
my favor

> Psyche!
> Majesty ? Majesty is good if you are the blocking minion (you see their
> strike first). Without intercept, this won't happen much. If you add
> intercept it could be worth it.

Well.... Surprise-limited multi rush. If I rush, hand for to,
additional+majesty+psyche! I've get an additional chance to rush
*another*opponent same turn.

> Do you have a plan for your Gehenna cards or do you just want to try
> them out? (Dragonbound is a good idea though.)

Of course: In order both Nightmares upon Nightmares and Thirst affect the
largest number of opposing minions. If I manage to have 5-6 gehennas in
play, then all vamps ranging from 5 to 6 or below will be affected.

Oh, and IME dragonbound is far more destructive than fame.

> Strategy: This kind of combat deck is simple to use but hard to use
> well.
> The trick is to go backwards enough so that your predator realizes that
> he has to focus on defending against his predator (or just get his guys
> out of torpor). Doing this while not making him TOO weak. Haven
> Uncovered will help that.
>
> On offence, since you have no stealth, you only want to use your
> Presence bleed cards (unless Enchant kindred Superior) when he is
> tapped out. If he wakes, well then, you send that guy to torpor too. :)
>
> The fame trick works well. Send fame guy to torpor. Rescue him. Send
> him to torpor again. Rinse wash repeat. Note: I find that sometimes its
> important that he is rescued before your turn is up. Otherwise someone
> will eat the fame vamp to help out your prey.
>
> Okay that's all I got. Hope this helps!

Of course. Haven uncovered should be included, double fame somehow...

Smiling Tom wrote:

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 24, Max: 33, Avg: 7,08)
> 1 Crusher CEL for PRE POT 9, Brujah:1, Primogen
> 3 Miller Delmardigan aus CEL PRE pro 8, Toreador Antitribu:2, Bishop
> 3 Theo Bell (ADV) aus dom CEL POT PRE 7, Brujah:2
> 2 Theo Bell cel dom POT pre 7, Brujah:2
> 1 Richter CEL for POT pre 7, Brujah Antitribu:2
> 1 Bianca CEL pot pre 6, Brujah:1
> 1 Parmenides CEL qui 4, Assamite:2

I'd likely lose Crusher. He is just too big. There is also Parnasus (7; +1
str/CEL) and Blaise (7; +1 str/CEL) who you might want to wedge in there.
I'm unconvinced that having 5 Taco Bells in there is that good of an idea
either. I mean, like, he's good (especially the Advanced if he doesn't get
whacked) but not that good.

> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Events (6 cards)
> 1 Blood Trade
> 1 Dragonbound
> 2 Nightmare's upon nightmares
> 1 Thirst
> 1 Torpid blood

All the events plus all the Taco Bell Advanced equals bad synergy. Taco Bell
Advanced is good and useable, 'cause the likelyhood of someone having a
Justicar/IC member *and* there being an event in play is not that big. If
you provide the events, that is a lot of the effort right there.

> Master (14 cards)
> 1 Art of Pain, The
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
> 1 Depravity
> 1 Fame
> 1 Giant's Blood
> 2 Guardian Angel
> 2 Minion Tap
> 1 Secure Haven

I'd be inclined to add more Fame. And maybe a Tension in the Ranks. But
those are obvious.

> Action (20 cards)
> 1 Aranthebes, The Immortal
> 9 Bum's Rush
> 6 Enchant Kindred
> 2 Legal Manipulations
> 2 Nose of the Hound
>
> Reaction (8 cards)
> 4 Delaying Tactics
> 4 Wake with Evening's Freshness

A lot of infratstructure to try and keep Taco Bell alive. You are probably
better off losing the Events and just risking the small chance of the burn,
and using some, like, intercept for general defense.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:13:58 -0500, Peter D Bakija
<pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

>I'd likely lose Crusher. He is just too big. There is also Parnasus (7; +1
>str/CEL) and Blaise (7; +1 str/CEL) who you might want to wedge in there.
>I'm unconvinced that having 5 Taco Bells in there

[snip]

>All the events plus all the Taco Bell Advanced equals bad synergy. Taco Bell
>Advanced is good,

[snip]

>A lot of infratstructure to try and keep Taco Bell alive.

[snip and bursts of loud, loud laughter]

[recovering] don't know if it's a new joke or not, but I could not
refrain myself after viewing "Taco Bell" written three times in a row.
I'll never be able to use his real name again. Gee, I am even inclined
to build a new deck around him just to use the nickname from now on!

Thanks, Peter, for the easy laugh. Call me a moron now, I deserve it.

>Peter D Bakija
>pdb6@lightlink.com
>http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
>"How does this end?"
>"In fire."
>Emperor Turhan and Kosh

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
now a "luminary", whatever it means:
http://www.thelasombra.com/WhosWho/fabiomacedo.htm

Fabio "Sooner" wrote:

> [recovering] don't know if it's a new joke or not, but I could not
> refrain myself after viewing "Taco Bell" written three times in a row.
> I'll never be able to use his real name again. Gee, I am even inclined
> to build a new deck around him just to use the nickname from now on!
>
> Thanks, Peter, for the easy laugh. Call me a moron now, I deserve it.

Well, ya know, in the US, Taco Bell is a common fast food resturant (that
likely is all over the world by now, but I don't know how common it is such
that people not in the US get the gag). Theo Bell clearly becomes Taco Bell
if you think that sort of thing it funny :)

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:43:51 -0500, Peter D Bakija
<pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

>Fabio "Sooner" wrote:
>
>> [recovering] don't know if it's a new joke or not, but I could not
>> refrain myself after viewing "Taco Bell" written three times in a row.
>> I'll never be able to use his real name again. Gee, I am even inclined
>> to build a new deck around him just to use the nickname from now on!
>>
>> Thanks, Peter, for the easy laugh. Call me a moron now, I deserve it.
>
>Well, ya know, in the US, Taco Bell is a common fast food resturant (that
>likely is all over the world by now, but I don't know how common it is such
>that people not in the US get the gag). Theo Bell clearly becomes Taco Bell
>if you think that sort of thing it funny :)

Heh, though Taco Bell did not made its expansion through Brazil yet,
it's hard to not acknowledge it if one has seen enough Hollywood
movies. But it is a very funny pun indeed, specially when one sees
Taco Bell for whatever stereotypes it represents.

In message <1108045772.874745.14810@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
samyamu@gmail.com writes:
>Psyche! continues the combat versus your opponent,

Starts a new combat, in fact. This is important for once per round
limitations, or duration of combat effects etc.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and