Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Install W8 on Virualbox or Hard Drive?

Last response: in Windows 8
July 30, 2012 4:44:13 PM

it depends; if you want it on the hard drive then install it on the hard drive but if you want it as a virtual machine then...
Score

Best solution

July 30, 2012 5:13:26 PM

rjackowens said:
Should I install Windows 8 on a my hard drive or as a Virtual Machine? I am downloading the iso from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download

Thanks

Install it on a USB and then flush it down the toilet.

If you really want to give it a try, I suppose VirtualBox is a cleaner and quicker solution, but bear in mind that Guest Additions don't work well with Windows 8, and that it won't properly resize the screen and adjust to the size of the host window resolution. Also, I had big performance issues, but that's probably because I screwed something up.
Related resources
July 30, 2012 5:24:34 PM

killerclick said:
Install it on a USB and then flush it down the toilet.

If you really want to give it a try, I suppose VirtualBox is a cleaner and quicker solution, but bear in mind that Guest Additions don't work well with Windows 8, and that it won't properly resize the screen and adjust to the size of the host window resolution. Also, I had big performance issues, but that's probably because I screwed something up.

Agree whole heartedly. Why would you install Windows 8? VB would be best since it can all be undone by hitting the delete button once...
Score
July 30, 2012 9:37:14 PM

Best answer selected by rjackowens.
Score
August 19, 2012 10:09:31 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!