Anarch Free State Cambridge - A BYO Storyline

Andy arose from his slumber in the Egyptian sands he had had imported.
At this time every night he went to the top of the tower in King's
College to survey his City. He did so again, taking time to reflect on
the meeting of the previous night.

He had met with an ambassador from the Camarilla. She was wondering why
an allegience had not been pledged to her sect in these Final Nights.

"It is just plain unheard of that a City as important as this is just
left to the Anarchs!" Queen Anne of London shouted.

Andy took his time and replied "You had no interest in Cambridge 10
years ago, why now come here to claim it. This city runs a lot smoother
than I believe many of your cities do. I understand that with the
rumours about Gehenna abounding, your governance of London might be
being challenged, but here in Cambridge, we have no such issues.

"Ruling by right might suit you in the Camarilla, and in the Sabbat,
but here in Cambridge, running by a vote of what the majority want
seems to work.

"We have The Masquerade. All Kindred must report to me, but aside from
that, all have the right to live their own lives, free of prejudice,
and I won't see that changed."

"You can't run a city like that. Someone must have absolute authority,
or else you will just get bedlam and panic and ANARCHY! As of now, I am
moving my people in. You will not keep this city, it will be
Camarilla!"

"My lady, if you cannot control your temper, I wonder how you can
control your own city. I have read what you claim is happening, and I
have heard from the Archbishop of Birmingham, and he says the same.
This has not yet occured in Cambridge. I think it is just revolutionary
hype, which in a democratic like state in my city, will not happen."

"You are a fool, snake. I shall be leaving, but this won't be the last
of it."

With that Queen Anne turned to leave. Andy leaned over the desk and
shot out his forked tongue to activate his intercom. "Queen Anne will
be leaving now. See that she comes to no harm whilst in the domain of
Cambridge."

"Certainly master, I'll bring around her car now."

Queen Anne turned, scowled, and continued on her way, slamming the
heavy oak doors after her.

At the top of the tower, Andy looked around. He new that some of the
Camarilla and Sabbat were starting to penetrate the city. All he could
do would be to hope that the vampires who were here would not change
their allegiance. They had there squabbles, but it all worked. The
Kindred of Cambridge liked the freedom they had from the Camarilla and
Sabbat. They knew the importance of keeping themselves hidden from the
mortal population, the so called "Masquerade" as the Camarilla called
it.

There was the Giovanni clan, focused around Petty Cury and Lion Yard.
They liked the opportunity to do business without anyone taxing them
hard.

There were some Assamites, who kept a safehouse down Mill road. Very
useful to have around, and certainly not worth upsetting, something
that Kindred only did once.

The Ravnos liked the freedom of the parks around the city, along with
some Gangrel. The Brujah enjoyed the partying, mixing with the students
quite well.

A handful of other clans were dotted about here and there, and then
there was Andy's own clan, the Setites. Focused around the Museum and
King's College. Andy might rule, but that only meant he was harder on
these than other's when they infringed on other vampires rights and in
revealing themselves to the kine.

"Well, Camarilla and Sabbat can try to take the city. They won't
succeed without getting the individual vampires to change. We'll see
how well you do with that."

With that, Andy descended the tower, and got on with the night's
business.

-----------------------------

Anarch Free State Cambridge
A Build Your Own Storyline Tournament

Anarch Free State - Cambridge. An independent Storyline event.

Cambridge has long been an Independent city. Such that the Camarilla
and
Sabbat have always viewed it as an Anarch Free State for much of it's
time. However, in these end times, the sects are trying to claim any
cities they can in order to try to maintain control over the vampires
in
society, and after gaining/maintaining loose control over the larger
cities in the UK, they are now after Cambridge.

Rules:

All vampires at the start of the game are considered Anarchs. All
options open to Anarchs are also open to all vampires (including any
created during the course of the game). This also means that all
Camarilla and Sabbat titles are non-existent (as if Fall of the
Camarilla/Sabbat was in play). Decks do not have to be clan or sect
based. You may not change decks between rounds. You may change the sect
of your vampires by actions/cards, but should you play the new event
below, then this overrides that action/card until it leaves play.
(Note, you may play KMW cards)

If you have "Join Up" or "Turning the Screws" in play, all vampires you
control at any point (either from previously in play, brought into
play, tempted across, embraced, etc.) are of the sect related to the
event card. If you tempt across a vampire, then give it back, whilst
under your control it is of the sect that your vampiresare. Once given
back, it reverts to the sect of the controller who you have given it
back to.(This may or may not temporarily change title status). If it
has something specific on it changing sect (i.e. Writ of Acceptance)
then the vampire is that sect only when under the control of the
Methuselah who played the card, otherwise the temporary change status
is applied.

You may not have both "Join Up" and "Turning the Screws" in play at the
same time.

The tourney will be 2R (8th March) and Final (15th March).

The winning sect will be the one that the last man standing in the
final is playing and is dependent on the following:

Join Up in play - Camarilla win control of Cambridge
Turning the Screws in play - Sabbat win control of Cambridge
All vampires have been changed to Camarilla - Camarilla win control of
Cambridge
All vampires have been changed to Sabbat - Sabbat win control of
Cambridge
Any other situation - Cambridge remains an independent city

Banned Cards - Anarch Revolt, Ian Forestal, standard VEKN banned list

New cards for this tourney -

Fee Stake: Cambridge - As Fee Stake: x, but vampire becomes Baron of
Cambridge

Join Up - Event: Do not replace until removed.
All vampires you control are now Camarilla. All Camarilla titles are
now
restored. Any effect which would change one of your vampires sects has
no effect. This event only effects you and no other Methuselah.
May be played more than once. (May also be in play by more than one
Methuselah)

Turning the Screws - Event: Do not replace until removed.
All vampires you control are now Sabbat. All Sabbat titles are now
restored. Any effect which would change one of your vampires sects has
no effect. This event only effects you and no other Methuselah.
May be played more than once. (May also be in play by more than one
Methuselah)

King's College
Master: Unique Location
Tap to give a vampire you control +2 votes in a referendum called by a
vampire that is of a different sect from the one you give the votes to.

This card may be stolen by a vampire for his/her controller as a (D)
action.
1 answer Last reply
More about anarch free state cambridge storyline

    This storyline report is in 2 sections. The first a conclusion to the
    story, and keey things that occurred during the final, and then the
    winners own report and decklist.

    (Remember, in each game, all vampires started out as Anarchs, and
    needed to join a sect if they wanted any sect based titles back)

    Section 1 - conclusion to the story

    Andy sat back and reviewed what happened in the events that preceded
    tonight. He had kept his city free of the Camarilla and Sabbat, but at
    cost that could cause trouble later on.

    The Sabbat had come crashing in through the North of the city. A War
    band of Toreador Antitribu came down and tried to bleed the cities
    current residents dry, before taking over. They won the first couple of

    battles, destroying some of the Setites and Malkavians in the
    Chesterton
    area, but as they advanced on the centre...

    Queen Anne's Ventrue entourage travelled up from London to attempt to
    take by right. Andy had remembered her threats from their meeting. The
    damned Camarilla believed they had the right to rule everything. He
    hoped that she would at least remember her own rules of being a
    vampire.
    Cambridge wasn't sure how she would play this, but the politicking
    started, unsettling some of the smaller covens in Sawston and
    Whittlesford. They came up by train? A stupid move which failed to help
    them as they were picked off by the groups around there. Failing to get
    past the South of Cambridge's Lasombra and Ravnos, they pulled straight
    back and left. Cowards.

    As the Sabbat advanced on the centre, the other vampires rallied
    around.
    They couldn't get the vampires to Turn the Screws and join them in the
    Sabbat. Brian kept approaching Andy, having helped dispatch the
    Ventrue,
    about gaining some additional ground for his Ravnos in the city.

    He didn't want the death of any of the vampires in his city. It is his
    responsibility to ensure that all the vampires are safe, from both Kine

    and Kindred alike. One very carefully planned strategy was needed. It
    did, however, very nearly back fired. What should have been a decisive
    blow very nearly backfired as one of Andy minons (Suzanne Kadim)
    accidently found herself raiding a Malkavian coven rather than the
    Toreador Antitribu Warbands Haven. The damned Cambridge Malkavians
    decided to have a party in the Town Hall, when that was supposed to be
    where Andy thought the Sabbat would be hiding out.

    Andy had no choice. The Ravnos approached Andy with a further deal.
    More
    land rights, and a greater say on the running of the city. Andy had
    already managed to stop the influence of the Sabbat war band on other
    vampires, but needed to put an end to them quickly, or else they would
    get reinforcements. He was forced to use them as a block and give them
    what they wanted.

    After using a block in and kill strategy to finish them off, the Ravnos
    reinforced their demands with a push against the Setites. Hesha, Baron
    of Cambridge (Andy's second in command) and Suzanne Kadim both went
    down
    in the push. In order to stop any more deaths, Andy signed an order
    giving the lands in the South to them. The Police won't be happy with
    the additional problems this will cause, but ensuring the safety of the

    city was the most important thing to the Kindred. A few more New Age
    Travellers could be handled, even if the well of Kine didn't much like
    it.

    Kindred Politics, it's a tentative thing at best. Andy knew that he had

    lost more than he hoped for in this struggle, but he had kept Cambridge

    free from Camarilla and Sabbat control. The Ravnos in the city were now

    stronger than ever, and he knew that he was to be the last Setite
    Ruler.
    Will the Ravnos cope when they took over? He didn't know, but at least
    for now some stability would be kept and the city was still free.

    A few months later, Andy, losing control and power as the stronger
    Ravnos forced the Jyhad in their favour, abdicated his position as
    ruler
    and a Ravnos took over as Baron. The Setites had lost Cambridge, but in

    his abdication message as head Setite in the city, he vowed to support
    the new administration and protect this city as much as he ever had
    before. The Ravnos, led by Brian, shook things up a fair bit. Change is

    a difficult thing. What will be next for the city...

    Points of note during the final:

    Hesha Ruhadze became Baron of Cambridge
    Suzanne Kadim, not liking the idea of fire damage, snuck up behind
    Mariel, Lady Thunder and destroyed her Blow Torch.
    Turning the Screws was Not To Be.
    The Lasombra failed to be able to Torporise the Toreador Antitribu, due

    to combats never lasting long enough.
    The Toreador Antitribu enjoyed raiding coffers on mass to gain lots of
    pool, as they slowly swelled numbers using Consanguineous Boon a number

    of times, but eventually the number of Barons supported by Kephamos
    stopped these.
    In order to help a Toreador Antitribu embrace hunt, Sir Marriott
    D'Urban
    Tempted her across. She hunted, but then in future turns bled the
    Toreador Antitibu using their own Palla Grande.
    Suzanne Kadim, with a Heart of the City, got confused by My Enemy's
    Enemy and instead of bleeding Donatien, ended up bleeding Malkavians.
    Once the Malkavians, Lasombra and !Toreador were safely out of the way,

    the Ravnos, with their !Gangrel support bruised and bled out the
    Setites
    with Hesha, Kephamos and Suzanne Kadim going to torpor. Unfortunately,
    none of the Setites Allies could help.
    Muddled Vampire Hunter kept trying to hurt Baron Hesha and Kephamos,
    but
    mainly kept being outfoxed by Mylan Horseed. He then got blocked by an
    Aabbt Kindred and the snake managed to kill him.

    Section 2 - Brian's Tourney analysis and report:

    The Anarchs are revolting in Cambridge

    Preparation for the Hike

    The week before, we decided who was going on the hike by sitting in
    groups
    and knocking off the weakest of the party. The players trying to make
    it
    to the expedition where:-

    Andy Setite Anarchs Stealth Bleed and Tempt. (Anarch)
    Buzz Lasombra tool box, Including Stealth bleed. (Anarch)
    Sir Jimmy Madness Malks taking the Stealth bleed p!ss. (Anarch)
    Simon W Toreador! vote-bleed swarm. (Sabbat)
    Joel Assamite What Blood Curse? Combat with dodges. (Anarch)
    Ben Ventrue, we don't like no stinking anarchs. (Camarilla)
    Brian Ravnos/Gangrel! Anarchs combat/intercept deck. (Anarch)

    The summary off the the selection process was
    Table 1 - Jimmy -> Joel -> Andy -> Ben
    Table 2 - Simon -> Brian -> Buzz

    Table 3 - Andy -> Jimmy -> Simon
    Table 4 - Brian -> Ben -> Buzz -> Joel

    The end results after 2 rounds of Stealth, sleaze and Stand offs was:-
    Simon - 2 GW 5vps
    Brian 2.5vps
    Andy 1.5vps
    Jimmy - 1.5vps
    Buzz 1.5vps

    These where the intrepid members, the brave few, the courageous
    collection
    of fellows that would be tackling the final assault to see who and what
    would rule Cambridge, this quite literally was the last Methuselah
    standing!

    The Final Expedition

    After much deciding, dice rolling and waiting for Jimmy to turn up, the
    final table seating decisions went thus:-

    Buzz -> Jimmy
    Buzz -> Jimmy -> Andy
    Buzz -> Brian -> Jimmy -> Andy
    Buzz -> Brian -> Jimmy -> Andy -> Simon

    Then we started what would be the longest days of our lives.

    Day 1
    Much joviality occurred as we rationed up the food, water and
    influenced
    out our various minions. Jimmy brought out malks that have anticombat
    and
    stitch Andy's hand, Andy brought out a few setites and a toreador with
    +1
    bleed, Buzz a kyasid and Lasombra, Brian said hello to his Ravnos and a
    Gangrel! with inbuilt wolf claws! A few turns later Simon eventually
    brought out Donatian and another toreador with +1 bleed.

    Day 5
    Water low, but spirits where high. Food not a problem.
    Not much happened in the beginning, Andy stealth bled Simon and bloated
    like a bitch with Hesha-perfectionist-minion tap combo. Simon slowly
    brought out more minions, bloating with con boon and puppy dog eyes,
    Buzz
    stealth bled Brian and after some wingeing of the highest order from
    Brian, walled up against the swarm of Simon. Jimmy did a bit of stealth
    bleeding, tooled up a bit and generally annoyed Brian by blocking his
    fee
    stakes action. Brian did nothing.

    Day 15
    Water worrying low, summit not yet reached. I am worried about the food
    now and Jimmy snores.
    A few things of note happened. Andy played Not to be on Simon's attempt
    go Sabbat. Simon brought out more minions (about 9) and failed to turn
    them into archbishops but did find a palla grande. Jimmy found his
    muddle
    vamp hunter and Andy's mini ally swarm all went eep!. Buzz was
    intercepting well but not bloating or hurting much. Brian did nothing.

    Day 45
    Water all gone, Licking lichen off rocks. 24 pot noodles left.
    Brian and Jimmy come to a clandestined agreement, I leave him alone and
    he
    starts to slay the bloating Andy with everything he has using bleed,
    stealth and the Madness network. Andy bloats and bleeds Simon into near
    death. He throws himself at the mercy of the table and begs for a con
    boon
    of 6. We take pity on him and he does so, then art scams for another 2!
    The next turn bribes one though for 7 and we realised that we don't
    like
    him that much. He failed to pass another vote. Buzz looks a bit low on
    pool. Brian convinces Jimmy to let him bleed him for 1 a turn for
    counter
    the pool gain of the madness edge. I don't know how.

    Day 88
    A stream! A stream! We are saved!
    Something happens. Over a period of 2 or 3 turns, Simon pecks away with
    palla bleeding minions and Buzz does his best at torporising them. Andy
    is
    also going hell for leather at Simon and is knocking his pool down, but
    it
    was just too little. Simon bleeds out Buzz it with his last 2 big
    bleeders
    for 3 each, Simon looks a little stronger. Jimmy's deck has stalled a
    little due to only 2 of 16 bleed modifiers turning up. Brian looks a
    little worried, but does nothing.

    Day 132
    Parched...throat...stomach...pain...dizzy...so tired...very...tired.
    Brian walls up big time (Re: does nothing) but fortunately Simon is on
    so
    little pool, he can't afford to go for all out attack. Especially now
    as
    one of his minions is now bleeding him and Brian has 2 permanent
    intercepts on the table with agg damage. 1 by 1, he goes to torpor.
    Andy
    senses this and strives harder to oust Simon using clever play
    involving
    bleeding and stealth. Jimmy takes this on board and does the same, but
    better and bleeds for 5 at one point with Andy running out of bleed
    reduction cards. It transpires that if Jimmy has 2 stealth cards or 1
    and
    a bleed mod, it would be all over for Andy! He has not, Andy collapses
    with a sigh of relief and promptly spends his days untapping all of his
    minions. He slowly bleeds out the tapped out Simon, 1 by 1 by 5! The
    new
    KMW perma bleed mod on the toreador bleeds at 1 stealth for 5! but
    Simon
    Wakes and bounces it with his only bounce card, My enemy's enemy, onto
    Jimmy! Jimmy goes from 7 to 2 pool with only 1 untapped minion! This is
    lesson to all you stealth bleeders out there. It's not big and it's not
    clever and it can change the table dynamics rather quickly! Simon's joy
    was short lived as Andy ousts him with a more modest bleed.

    Day 179
    Is..is that the end? Or am I hallucinating.
    I leap into action and bleed out Jimmy after Andy and Simon have ganged
    up
    on him. The look he gave me was only tempered by the look he gave them
    This left Andy and Brian to battle it out for control of Cambridge, a
    Setite haven for so very long! Could the Ravnos wrest it from their
    mortal
    enemies with the help from the Gangrel! Or could the Setites and
    friends
    stay in their tower to stay in power of the students and American
    tourists
    that we have all come to know and take potshots at? The final battle
    was
    to prove difficult and be decided by 1 card.

    I brought out another minion, I had to against the swarm of Allies. I
    paid
    to see and got...the 5 cap ravnos that can burn blood to make other
    ravnos
    have +1 bleed. Things just changed Andy minion taps Hesha, I sudden
    it! I pray this will be enough as I attempt to torporise anything I can
    get my claws into, I try to get the 4 perma bleed bitch, but Hesha is a
    good second. Andy throws everything he can at me, I take a few 1 bleeds
    from allies as I can't afford too many 4 bleeds. Occasionally I take
    out
    an ally, reducing numbers, Andy seems to have run out of bleed mods. In
    my
    turn I bleed with my ravnos for 2 if they get through or hit the
    blockers
    with animalism combat fun. I have 2 hunting grounds and 4 blood dolls
    in
    play, I keep filling Paul Forrest so he can burn the blood for the
    other
    Ravnos. The numbers change, Andy's pool and minions shrink But time is
    called at the bar! I go all out. I fill up Paul leaving myself 3 pool,
    bleed with everybody for 2, for another 2, Andy has 1 pool left, bleed
    for
    1? blocked! I bleed with Paul himself, I tap out. If Andy has a wake or
    reduce I am tapped out with 3 pool facing a 4 perma bleed...

    ....He has not. I win. Just.

    Day 189
    Base camp, food, water. Everyone is there standing and grinning but all
    have 1 hand behind their backs, odd...

    Brian 3vps and last man standing
    Andy 1vp
    Simon 1vp
    Jimmy 0vp
    Buzz 0vp.

    The Setites have fled, The new rulers of Cambridge are Ravnos with
    Gangrel! help. It remains independent but is now truly Anarch. If fact
    the
    only 2 decks that really utilised the Anarch rule where mine and Andy's
    (though Jimmy did have some fee stakes). Firebrand is a very useful
    card,
    but only if you can get them onto a Vamp and keep blood on them,
    difficult
    in this game.

    Deck list:-

    Crypt, All group 4 from KMW. See Colin, they are good for something.

    Crypt (12 cards)
    ------------------
    1x Alexis Sorokin
    2x Callirus