DECK - Anarch Giovanni

Much inspired by this month's Giovanni Newletter. A very interesting
read, and def. looking forward to the next edition. Space is always an
issue when building a deck using the anarchs. So I haven't messed
around with too many combat-decks, a lot of which are card intensive.
But here's an attempt in what is an odd cross between a Necrowall w/
some light bleed and combat. My big concern with the deck revolves
around the aforementioned combat module.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 9 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 5.9
1x Nedal, The Careless 1 cel nec Caitiff:3
1x Lia Milliner 3 dom nec Giovanni:3
1x Gengis 3 aus cel pot Brujah:3
1x Earl 4 dom for pot Ventrue:3
1x Donatello Giovanni 5 aus DOM pot pre Giovanni:4
1x Charice Fontaigne 6 AUS DOM for pot Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Joseph O'Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3 +1 Strength
3x Baldesar Rossellini 8 aus DOM for nec POT Giovanni:4 +1 Strength
2x Ignazio Giovanni 9 DOM FOR NEC obf POT Giovanni:3 +1 Strength

Action - 14
3x Divine Sign
5x Gear Up
5x Govern the Unaligned
1x Masochism

Combo - 3
3x Spiritual Divination

Retainers / Allies - 2
1x Leonardo, Mortician
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Reaction - 15
5x Deflection
5x Wake with Evening's Freshness
5x Friend of Mine

Master - 16
3x Blood Doll
1x Rack, The
1x Vast Wealth
5x Galaric's Legacy
1x Hospital Food
1x Seattle Committee
1x Anarch Free Press
2x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Path of Bone, The

Action Modifer - 8
3x Conditioning
5x Freak Drive

Equipment - 8
3x Talbot's Chainsaw
1x Palatial Estate
2x .44 Magnum
1x Sawed-Off Shotgun
1x Sniper Rifle

Combat - 24
2x Disarm
5x Diversion
5x Taste of Vitae
4x Skin of Steel
4x Superior Mettle
4x Soak

Total Cards in Library: 90

At first I was going to go down the gun route. Much like in this
month's edition of the Giovanni Newsletter, I was going to try and
build a deck with Traps and an aresenal we've come to expect from any
self-respecting Mafia. But then I figured both Baldesar and Ignazio
have Fortitude. Hmm... and I have a few copies of Talbot's Chainsaw
lying around. And who hasn't seen Scarface? So I grin and figure I
would add a few in there. It saves a lot of space in a sense where I
don't have to include any rush. But I don't want to rely on it either
because right now, I am not sure I can deal with the three damage per
turn. I have a copy of Masochism that cushions the blow. The Rack is a
must + anarch hunting grounds. Add in the Palatial Estate (I think
Baldesar pays one less due to the fact that it's considered as a
location - but I need confirmation on that) and I've got a pretty
interesting blood management module going.

Gear Up let's me fecth whatever I may need. Be it a copy of
Conditioning, Freak Drive or whatever. Speaking of which, I've got
Mylan Horseed for extra untap and two copies of the extremely useful
Powerbase: Los Angeles. Another thing that bugs me is I have enough
minions to exploit Auspex. I just don't know what to add if anything.
The deck list is pretty tight as it is. Its' just a shame to let a
discipline that is so present in the crypt go to waste. In a nutshell.

On 15 Feb 2005 10:53:21 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

>Much inspired by this month's Giovanni Newletter. A very interesting
>read, and def. looking forward to the next edition.

And I thought nobody payed attention to that :)

Seriously, the feedback is much appreciated, specially when someone
actually builds a deck after reading it. I'm in too much of a hurry to
share thoughts on the decklist right now, but I'm saving the message
for later comments, if you don't mind.

Space is always an
>issue when building a deck using the anarchs. So I haven't messed
>around with too many combat-decks, a lot of which are card intensive.
>But here's an attempt in what is an odd cross between a Necrowall w/
>some light bleed and combat. My big concern with the deck revolves
>around the aforementioned combat module.

I often find this difficult regarding to anarchs since you need room
for anarch-requiring cards to make a point, and the best idea I had to
lighten the combat module of an anarch deck was using Ian Forrestal
and a few !Tremere with [cel] or [for] to trim the combat to Blood
Fury and Diversion, with the support of a few Thoughts Betrayed for
surprise value and leaving my prey in doubt before blocking. It was
mildly successful even against some random Pot/Cel combat decks if
played with care, which was nice.

In the end, the deck went through intense reworking and it ended up
with more Anarch actions for wiping permanent resources (Smash and
Grab for Ian, Principia Discordia for all to use at [aus]) and some
Smoke and Mirrors since Terrel Harding also has [obf]. All in all, I
don't see anarchs as a threat in combat yet. It's better for them to
take their precious actions through at stealth and defend wisely in
combat.

More on the Giovanni later...

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V:tES Brasil Site (only in Portuguese for now)
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/vtesbrasil/

Darky

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

> Hmm... and I have a few copies of Talbot's Chainsaw
> lying around. And who hasn't seen Scarface? So I grin and figure I
> would add a few in there. It saves a lot of space in a sense where I
> don't have to include any rush. But I don't want to rely on it either
> because right now, I am not sure I can deal with the three damage per
> turn.

Here's a hint:

> Retainers / Allies - 2
> 1x Leonardo, Mortician
> 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Someone is missing here. ;)

-Bram Vink

Darky wrote:
> > Hmm... and I have a few copies of Talbot's Chainsaw
>
> Here's a hint:
> > Retainers / Allies - 2
> > 1x Leonardo, Mortician
> > 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> Someone is missing here. ;)

Ambrosius? Did i win the prize? :)

And what about 4 Shambling Hordes?

..- Luis Duarte

Darky

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

"Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon" <luis.paleta@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:<1108639555.485402.175670@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>...
> Darky wrote:
> > > Hmm... and I have a few copies of Talbot's Chainsaw
> >
> > Here's a hint:
> > > Retainers / Allies - 2
> > > 1x Leonardo, Mortician
> > > 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
> >
> > Someone is missing here. ;)
>
> Ambrosius? Did i win the prize? :)

Congratulations.

> And what about 4 Shambling Hordes?

Nope, Shamblers are no good in small numbers IMO.

-Bram Vink